PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is the brady vs belichick debate ruining this board or is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady may QB the Miami Dolphins next season.

I wonder? Fan buys Tom Brady's "last" touchdown football for $518,628 — then Brady unretires. An unknown fan paid more than half a million dollars for the last football Tom Brady threw in an NFL game before retiring last season.Mar 14, 2022. What will Brady pay the fan to get the ball back? Nothing!
Lol why would it be Brady's obligation to buy back a football he never sold in the first place?

Lol why would it be Brady's obligation to buy back a football he never sold in the first place?
lol some of these post holy sh it. Again Ian has an enormous amount of patience. I just read a post from a few years ago saying Cassel would beat out Brady in camp. And to trade Brady. All the trolls that have been through here. The Brady v Bill stuff. Poor guy is just giving fans a place to meet and we sh it all over his carpet. I have to be better myself.

lol some of these post holy sh it. Again Ian has an enormous amount of patience. I just read a post from a few years ago saying Cassel would beat out Brady in camp. And to trade Brady. All the trolls that have been through here. The Brady v Bill stuff. Poor guy is just giving fans a place to meet and we sh it all over his carpet. I have to be better myself.
The fact that we have Patriots "fans" on here that regurgitate the same goofy talking points Jets and Colts fans used to use to discredit Brady is pathetic. Then they like to pound their chest like they deserve some sort of award for being a "true fan". I honestly wonder if this fanbase is dumber than the average.

I liked the discussion in that thread talking about trading Brady for conditional picks. Yikes.

The fact that we have Patriots "fans" on here that regurgitate the same goofy talking points Jets and Colts fans used to use to discredit Brady is pathetic. Then they like to pound their chest like they deserve some sort of award for being a "true fan". I honestly wonder if this fanbase is dumber than the average.
Yea Idk lol

Just seems like some are stuck in 2017 or 2009 or on the same issue they've been on for like 10 years lol. The only real point of contention is how Brady left or why but we all know it was a combination of stuff that was coming to a head. I get that but some of the other stuff needs to be left in the past. Like people have certain little talking points or issues with the team that are brought up in every other thread.

Taking shots at Brady is weak though. Dude grew up here was loyal AF and is now a middle aged man at the end of his professional career while his family and other ventures are popping off. He's got a lot going on and has handled himself with class. I just don't get the tension and bs even if you don't "like" the guy he's become. Which is crazy but you can't forget what he did for us.

Taking shots at Brady is weak though. Dude grew up here was loyal AF and is now a middle aged man at the end of his professional career while his family and other ventures are popping off. He's got a lot going on and has handled himself with class. I just don't get the tension and bs even if you don't "like" the guy he's become. Which is crazy but you can't forget what he did for us.
I think this explains their attitude.

20201227_224341.jpg

Are we gaining any ground on the Tom vs Bill argument or how it's ruining the board?

Did you ever stop and ask yourself if perhaps this board is ruining the Brady vs Bill debate?

A93E8303-5DB1-42EE-9FAD-B9D3B73CE46B.gif

Jesus....

They also have a quarterback that knows the Patriots system very well. That is Brady Quinn. Now I know that is the tough part of the sell as it should be. Tom Brady has three Super Bowl rings and Brady Quinn hasn't really lived up to the hype. That is an indisputable fact, but there are factors involved.

Quinn is known for throwing the short passes and not having a great deep ball. That may be true, but how is that any different from Brady?

The reality is that Quinn and Brady are really mirror images of each other. I know that may sound hard to believe, but if you actually watch film on the two guys, you will see that the only difference is the players around them.

Source: New England Patriots Should Consider the Unthinkable: Trade Tom Brady

Last edited:
Reading that "Trade Brady thread" got me researching.

And....

Jesus....

They also have a quarterback that knows the Patriots system very well. That is Brady Quinn. Now I know that is the tough part of the sell as it should be. Tom Brady has three Super Bowl rings and Brady Quinn hasn't really lived up to the hype. That is an indisputable fact, but there are factors involved.

Quinn is known for throwing the short passes and not having a great deep ball. That may be true, but how is that any different from Brady?

The reality is that Quinn and Brady are really mirror images of each other. I know that may sound hard to believe, but if you actually watch film on the two guys, you will see that the only difference is the players around them.

Source: New England Patriots Should Consider the Unthinkable: Trade Tom Brady

“I watched the film” is the football version of “I did my own research”

Valid point. The seller of the football isn't going to buy it back, he is glad he got rid of it after the Brady retraction. With all of Brady's money it was his decision to come back and change the value of the football so he could help the loser that bought the ball, out. Brady could sell his deflateable footballs. He could sign them. Some Brady fans would buy his cheating footballs. He took a four game suspension in case you were thinking he didn't cheat. He never put forth a winning case that he wasn't involved with deflating the balls, just in case you were thinking Brady didn't cheat.

Senility has set in.

Valid point. The seller of the football isn't going to buy it back, he is glad he got rid of it after the Brady retraction. With all of Brady's money it was his decision to come back and change the value of the football so he could help the loser that bought the ball, out. Brady could sell his deflateable footballs. He could sign them. Some Brady fans would buy his cheating footballs. He took a four game suspension in case you were thinking he didn't cheat. He never put forth a winning case that he wasn't involved with deflating the balls, just in case you were thinking Brady didn't cheat.

You're talking out of your ass again.

I feel like its been discussed on 80% of threads for the last 2 years with no end in sight. The same arguments are brought up and its just one side trashing the other nonstop. It might just be me, but I feel like over the last two years its gotten noticebly bad.

It always has been a senseless nonstarter. Brady and BB complemented one another, the incredible success they had together was a product of collaboration between two all-time greats. It's a team game, after all.

I wish your hospice center would just take away your internet.

rofl.gif

This board is populated with a higher percentage of in-the-tank homers than almost any other football forum in the country.

This is exactly the kind of post that begs the question what might be worse -- homer, or hubris?

rofl.gif

Lmfao…buying a historic football is an investment. Did you think that guy bought it because no one loved him and he saved all his lunch money for it? I’m sure many stayed away from that auction, or it would have been higher. He assumed huge, obvious risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes