PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is that the most tainted sports championship you've witnessed?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

@Ian, could we get a filter that adds an asterisk * to the end of words like Chiefs* or Mahomes*?

• Yes please add a filter like that, I'll donate to make it happen

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • No don't do it

Votes: 27 48.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It couldnt be more obvious, but if the same team/player keeps getting key timely calls late in the AFCC and then SB, the message is crystal clear - KC is the preferred outcome.

And all NE/Brady haters should be smart enough to see, if the league was really in NE/Brady's back pocket, why go out of your way to smear his image with hatergate, the undefeated season that wasnt due to "missed" penalties on the defining play of the game?

Actions speak louder than words in terms of who the league really caters to AND against.
I am not disputing the fact that KC has gotten WAY more calls and non-calls than any other team since Mahomes became a starter. I was just pointing out in this game the refs were consistent in what they were and weren't calling...that is right up until the game-changing penalty at the end. I'm sure that Bradbury felt if he wasn't going to be called for defensive holding/DPI in the first half, he surely wouldn't be called for a less obvious one at the end of the game.

Yeah, I don't agree. At all. That analysis sounds like it's coming from a family member of Cheffers, who had the balls to call the penalty blatant after the game. Not sure he should cross the Pennsylvania border ever again.

Ok maybe that blurry (probably doctored) still photo shows a miniscule inconsequential tug momentarily on a loose part of the jersey. Throwing a flag for that, in that spot, is ****ing outrageous.
In real time he let go immediately, maybe grabbed it for half a second, not sure they should even call that in a game in week 5. He actually grabbed Smith-Schusters jersey for a lot longer earlier in the game right in the middle of the field and they didn't call that.

Only SB wins count,historically.
The Dolphins winning back to back SBs,
including a perfect season is not considered a dynasty by anyone. Kc has only won 2 in 4. That's not even as good as the Dolphins. KC has to win the SB next year,or no dynasty.
These are the only popularly recognized dynasties:
Patriots 3
Packers 1
Steelers 1
Cowboys 1
49ers 1
That's it. It's a short list.
I think KC will be remembered as a dynasty. I think and this might not be popular here... but I can see them winning two more in the 20s. They won't win 6 or 7 tho. At least I don't see it.

Last edited:
I really don't like Mahomes style of play, but he's a damn good QB in this era of football. As long as he plays and Andy coaches, they will be in the Super Bowl conversation every year just like Tom and Bill were. Their roster was very mediocre this year and they had no business even sniffing the AFCCG. We should really be worried when they land another star player on offense and or defense.

He actually grabbed Smith-Schusters jersey for a lot longer earlier in the game right in the middle of the field and they didn't call that.

it was a make up call

Chiefs fans sure are on the defensive about this super bowl. Every thread, tweet, tiktok you see, they are there to defend the calls.

This game definitely had some hiccups by the refs with one really bad one to end it. But it is nothing compared to the Cincinnati game. That was right up there with the 06 Pats Colts game.

he grabbed his jersey with his right hand…

Hey Zach - see that blue line on the ground there? This is happening at the line of scrimmage. If this little tug is holding, flags should be flying every. single. play.

I really don't like Mahomes style of play, but he's a damn good QB in this era of football. As long as he plays and Andy coaches, they will be in the Super Bowl conversation every year just like Tom and Bill were. Their roster was very mediocre this year and they had no business even sniffing the AFCCG. We should really be worried when they land another star player on offense and or defense.
They've been remarkably healthy as well.
Never have they lost Kelce or Hill for the year like we lost Gronk/Edelman

In real time he let go immediately, maybe grabbed it for half a second, not sure they should even call that in a game in week 5. He actually grabbed Smith-Schusters jersey for a lot longer earlier in the game right in the middle of the field and they didn't call that.
Right. If they were being lenient like that with ticky tack stuff earlier in the game they should be lenient all game and they weren't. Same in baseball where the exact same pitch called a strike in the 2nd inning is not called a strike later in the game in a key situation.

Chiefs fans sure are on the defensive about this super bowl. Every thread, tweet, tiktok you see, they are there to defend the calls.

This game definitely had some hiccups by the refs with one really bad one to end it. But it is nothing compared to the Cincinnati game. That was right up there with the 06 Pats Colts game.
Both games had officiating heavily lopsided in favor of the Chiefs but the Super Bowl is going to get more attention because of the stage.

They've been remarkably healthy as well.
Never have they lost Kelce or Hill for the year like we lost Gronk/Edelman
I've read where Kelce's thinking of retiring due to old injuries.

They are in no way,shape or form a dynasty. You need to win 3 out of 4,4 out of 6 or even 3 out of 5. If they win next year,then that's a dynasty.
They're not there now but theyll win at least 2 more

Didn't read all14 pages of this thread but for those under age 60, go read up on 1972 Olympic basketball finals between US and USSR.To this day,the members of the US team refused their silver medal because they were robbed as the refs gave the Russians the game.... That was not just tainted but rigged.

‘We Deserve Gold Medals’

Didn't read all14 pages of this thread but for those under age 60, go read up on 1972 Olympic basketball finals between US and USSR.To this day,the members of the US team refused their silver medal because they were robbed as the refs gave the Russians the game.... That was not just tainted but rigged.

‘We Deserve Gold Medals’
Sound like the Kansas City Chiefs 2022 championship*.

Sound like the Kansas City Chiefs 2022 championship*.
I do have to admit that I love the sweet sweet tears of Patriots fans. It's one of the most wonderful things ever. I assume it's because you have a crazy amount of bandwagon fans like the Yankees and Cowboys that were not really Patriots fans, but fans of winning teams. Now that's gone and there's a lot of people left being bitter and whiny because they have to be actual fans of the team when it's not so great. I truly love it.

Both games had officiating heavily lopsided in favor of the Chiefs but the Super Bowl is going to get more attention because of the stage.
don’t forget the NFL canceling the BUF-CIN game. not even giving BUF the opportunity to get the #1 seed. I knew right then in there KC would get calls (or non calls) in the playoffs and sure enough here we are

‘We Deserve Gold Medals’
people claiming sports can’t be rigged remind me of The Godfather

“Who's being naïve, Kay?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye