PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is that the most tainted sports championship you've witnessed?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

@Ian, could we get a filter that adds an asterisk * to the end of words like Chiefs* or Mahomes*?

• Yes please add a filter like that, I'll donate to make it happen

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • No don't do it

Votes: 27 48.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sums up the 2022 NFL season*.
I know you like to think that but the most likely scenario is that the chiefs got screwed on the bills mess. Bengals win probability when the game ended was 65 percent bengals. Almost 2 to 1 that the chiefs were penalized by the events.

I know you like to think that but the most likely scenario is that the chiefs got screwed on the bills mess. Bengals win probability when the game ended was 65 percent bengals. Almost 2 to 1 that the chiefs were penalized by the events.
It wasn't rigged for the Chiefs. With that said, you aren't going to be able to convince some people. Back during our dynasty years, there were loads of people who thought the NFL were rigging it for us and no offense to you so don't take any but I'm sure some Chiefs fans said the same thing. The entire thing is stupid and if the NFL rigged games it would have been exposed by now. Its loser mentality.

It wasn't rigged for the Chiefs. With that said, you aren't going to be able to convince some people. Back during our dynasty years, there were loads of people who thought the NFL were rigging it for us and no offense to you so don't take any but I'm sure some Chiefs fans said the same thing. The entire thing is stupid and if the NFL rigged games it would have been exposed by now. Its loser mentality.
Can you cite an example of the Patriots ever getting the huge benefit of a call from the refs in the postseason?

Can you cite an example of the Patriots ever getting the huge benefit of a call from the refs in the postseason?
Chis Jones roughing brady vs trey flowers no call on mahomes. A j bouye pass interference.

Speaking for myself, I'm not saying entire games were "rigged" or staged. Something of that scale would generally require one team to be complicit in losing. However, there are multiple examples of the Chiefs* appearing to benefit greatly from the officiating at especially key moments. Then there's this bizarre situation with the field conditions. There's enough there for a conversation anyway imo.

And the most likely scenario was that the Bills were going to lose to the Bengals and the Chiefs have the outright number 1 seed. Instead, they ****ed the Chiefs by not making them play and taking a likely loss. That basically took a home game away. But I guess that's helping the Chiefs somehow since everything always does.
Horseshit. They got a week off to heal and the lowest seed to play in the divisional. Most likely scenario is not a justification or a thing. They hadn't earned it.

Chis Jones roughing brady
On a 2nd down with 7 minutes left. Moved the Patriots to their own 43. 9 plays later they scored a TD. This isn't an equivalent circumstance. Besides all that, from the angle of the ref who threw the flag it looked like Jones had clubbed Brady in the face. There was clear contact with the facemask from other angles too.

A j bouye pass interference
He road Cooks out of bounds and he was making clear illegal contact for 20 yards. Also, this was a 1st down play in the 2nd quarter.

trey flowers no call on mahomes
Not sure which play you're referencing here but if we're getting into 'no calls' then we're really broadening the scope of the discussion. Look at the line play in the Super Bowl... it was a literal free for all. No hands to the face called on the critical 3rd down play that basically ended the game in favor of the Chiefs*.

Chis Jones roughing brady vs trey flowers no call on mahomes. A j bouye pass interference.

Apparently on this forum, only the Chiefs get all the calls while the Patriots don't. I would argue that the league did the Pats a huge favor by shutting down the spygate investigation after only 4 days. If deflategate warranted several months to investigate, so did spygate. But of course Goodell did not want the reputation of NE and Bobby Kraft to be damaged.

On a 2nd down with 7 minutes left. Moved the Patriots to their own 43. 9 plays later they scored a TD. This isn't an equivalent circumstance. Besides all that, from the angle of the ref who threw the flag it looked like Jones had clubbed Brady in the face. There was clear contact with the facemask from other angles too.

He road Cooks out of bounds and he was making clear illegal contact for 20 yards. Also, this was a 1st down play in the 2nd quarter.

Not sure which play you're referencing here but if we're getting into 'no calls' then we're really broadening the scope of the discussion. Look at the line play in the Super Bowl... it was a literal free for all. No hands to the face called on the critical 3rd down play that basically ended the game in favor of the Chiefs*.
I'm sure you understand the difference between 3 and 7 on your 28 yard line vs and automatic first down near midfield late in a game that you are trailing. The contact was certainly not worthy of a foul and pretending it was it lame. You got a call. If we are playing the angle of the referee, then we can say that happened in the Super Bowl also.

You can ride a receiver out of bounds if you are both running down the field and contact is incidental. At worst it's illegal contact and a 5 yard penalty and not spot foul for PI.

You're asking for big calls in the post season. You got some. We got some. You lost some. We lost some.

Big calls in the playoffs that went the Patriots way?

The Myles Jack fumble return is up there. Might have been a quick whistle. Surprised they didn't let him finish the play which was a return for a TD then review afterward to see if he was touched...and he might not have been?

I'm sure you understand the difference between 3 and 7 on your 28 yard line vs and automatic first down near midfield late in a game that you are trailing. The contact was certainly not worthy of a foul and pretending it was it lame. You got a call. If we are playing the angle of the referee, then we can say that happened in the Super Bowl also.
I didn't say I agreed with the call. I said I could see it being made by the ref from that backside angle. The refs should have gotten together, I don't recall if they did or didn't, but it's possible no other ref had a definitive view of the play. In real time there appeared to be contact on the facemask. Watching the slow motion replays, I can understand an argument for picking up the flag. But again, this is not like getting the benefit of a huge call in the red zone at the end of a game. The Eagles defense got the stop they needed to allow Hurts another shot at leading a scoring drive with plenty of time and 2 timeouts left. The refs took it away on a play that did not warrant a penalty while conveniently "missing" a hands to the face by the Chiefs*.

I didn't say I agreed with the call. I said I could see it being made by the ref from that backside angle. The refs should have gotten together, I don't recall if they did or didn't, but it's possible no other ref had a definitive view of the play. In real time there appeared to be contact on the facemask. Watching the slow motion replays, I can understand an argument for picking up the flag. But again, this is not like getting the benefit of a huge call in the red zone at the end of a game. The Eagles defense got the stop they needed to allow Hurts another shot at leading a scoring drive with plenty of time and 2 timeouts left. The refs took it away on a play that did not warrant a penalty while conveniently "missing" a hands to the face by the Chiefs*.
And in real time I'm sure it looked from that angle that JuJu was grabbed. You can't have it both ways. You're ignoring the multiple uncalled false starts, the multiple uncalled delay of game, the fact that only 6 penalties were even called on the Eagles, the fact that they won every challenge and taking one play to determine the game was rigged so you can put your asterisk. I'm sure watching the slow motion replays they would have picked up the flag in the Super Bowl. But that's not reviewable.

And in real time I'm sure it looked from that angle that JuJu was grabbed. You can't have it both ways. You're ignoring the multiple uncalled false starts, the multiple uncalled delay of game, the fact that only 6 penalties were even called on the Eagles, the fact that they won every challenge and taking one play to determine the game was rigged so you can put your asterisk. I'm sure watching the slow motion replays they would have picked up the flag in the Super Bowl. But that's not reviewable.
So what you said was false, they didnt win every challange, and at no time in that game, was holding called on a DB, and then at that moment they call one on a very very ticky tack call. It looked suspect.

So what you said was false, they didnt win every challange, and at no time in that game, was holding called on a DB, and then at that moment they call one on a very very ticky tack call. It looked suspect.
There was one challenge. We lost it. There was a booth review of a scoring play on the Bolton touchdown recovery. Both were close. We lost both. There was also a booth review of their score. This one was not particularly close and I guess we won that won. But any time there was room for judgment on a challenge, we lost. I never said there was a prior hold. I said there were other missed calls and I said they probably would have picked up the flag on JuJu's hold if they could. But one call does not mean the game is rigged. If it was rigged, there'd be more than 6 penalties on the Eagles. The Bolton touchdown would have counted and some of the obvious false starts might have been called.

A false start and a delay of game are 5 yard penalties with no loss of down. If they're called you still have the ball. You still can overcome it. I ticky-tac call that extends a drive at that point of the game means you run the clock down to a few seconds to kick a game winning field goal. It was a game sealing penalty. The Eagles had their chance to tie stolen from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back