PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Steve Belichick part of the problem on defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Average compared to 31 other starting QBs, for sure. But way above average for a first-year starter. That poster was just trashing Mac for no reason. Mac is not the problem here. offensive line, lack of WR talent, aging veterans on D, and coaching is.
He is not the problem.

But he's not the solution...yet. I suspect he will be the solution soon.

Jones’ ability to bounce back after such a miscue, and his ability to jump back up after taking bone-crushing hits, left his QB counterpart nodding his head in approval on Sunday.

“Those two things that you just said, honestly, are the two most important things to be really good at this position,” Prescott told King. “You gotta be able to take a lick and not flinch and make the play when the hard hit’s coming. And when you have a bad play or an interception and the game changes right there, you gotta have the water-down-a-duck’s-back mentality. Let it go. It’s over. Mac’s got that. I really like what I see out of him. He’ll be a good quarterback for a long time.”

In other words by calling him "average," you have no point...got it.
I asked you 3 times, what QB is average in the NFL right now. Since you wont answer or are too stupid to answer. Lets take the 16th guy, that is right dead in the middle. So 16th best QB based on Qb rating is Baker Mayfield Lets compare stats.

Jones
1472 yards 7 td's 6 ints Qb rating 89.6

Mayfield
1474 yards 6 td's 3 ints Qb rating 97.8

Yeah, looks pretty much around the average QB. Oh Im sorry I used actual facts.

He is not the problem.

But he's not the solution...yet. I suspect he will be the solution soon.
BINGO

Yes, he is not the reason, he is just not doing anything to help the reasons. To be a great QB in this league, you have to be the reason. You have to cover the holes, you have to win anyway. You have to win no matter if the D struggles if the Oline struggles, etc etc. You have to win anyway. Right now, that is not him. Pretty much, he is not really going up or down, he is just flat lined down the middle for the most part. The pats have played 1 good defense this year.

He is one of 32 starting Qb's in the NFL. I will ask again, what Qb is average. I said he is playing average, you said he was not average, I asked you who is average this year. Who is average.

So let me get this straight, the same coaches, a lot of the same players, except this year they actually went out and bought a ton of players not like in other years where they go get guys on the couch to play receiver. This offense over the last 2 decades have averaged almost 30 ppg. Now we are averaging 19 the last two years....but its not the QB playing average, its everything else?

You continue to post like a crazy person. Show me a rookie QB who is doing better. You have no idea what your standard is for a rookie QB.

Mac has already broken multiple rookie records for completion % and total completions. He was playing mistake-free ball his first 2 games before bad coaching recalibrated him to just throw it medium/deep on 50/50 shots.

Mac is pretty much exactly what I would hope for in a rookie QB (though would prefer he sat a year): very smart, very tough, learns quickly, highly accurate, highly on rhythm and with anticipation, leadership and leads the team selflessly, he checks all the boxes. The fact the OLine sucks and his oc routinely leaves him open to massive hits is not his fault.

I have no idea what you were expecting this year but it's clear you do not live in reality.

Last edited:
Wow shocking....a player on another team says, a guy will be good. Yeah they all say this. Did you think was going to say, man that guy sucks. They will never win much ever,.

You continue to post like a crazy person. Show me a rookie QB who is doing better. You have no idea what your standard are for a rookie QB.

Mac has already broken multiple rookie records for completion % and total completions. He was playing mistake-free ball his first 2 games before bad coaching recalibrated him to just throw it medium/deep on 50/50 shots.

Mac is pretty much exactly what I would hope for in a rookie QB (thought would prefer he sat a year): very smart, very tough, learns quickly, highly accurate, highly on rhythm and with anticipation, leadership and leads the team selflessly, he checks all the boxes. The fact the OLine sucks and his oc routinely leaves him open to massive hits is not his fault.

I have no idea what you were expecting this year but it's clear you do not live in reality.
I said Mac was average, you said he isnt. If you want to say he is doing good compared to rookies this year, ok. Thats not what you said. As I said. I am saying what he is right now. I didnt expect anything, but then I am not saying how great he is doing like you are, because he isnt.

I asked you 3 times, what QB is average in the NFL right now. Since you wont answer or are too stupid to answer. Lets take the 16th guy, that is right dead in the middle. So 16th best QB based on Qb rating is Baker Mayfield Lets compare stats.

Jones

Mayfield

what the hell is your point calling mac “average“ on a thread about the defense? because Mac is nowhere near our biggest issue. or are you just being a troll?

I said Mac was average, you said he isnt. If you want to say he is doing good compared to rookies this year, ok. Thats not what you said. As I said. I am saying what he is right now. I didnt expect anything, but then I am not saying how great he is doing like you are, because he isnt.

You keep repeating Mac is average. If you're saying the entire NFL then this is FANTASTIC. Rookie QB 6 weeks in and you're complaining all he is, is middle of the pack across QB metrics as a 23 year old with the worst OLine in the league thus far?

Yeah you're completely insane and out of touch with reality.

Jones

Mayfield

Some people on here don't like numbers if they don't fit their viewpoint.

You keep repeating Mac is average. If you're saying the entire NFL then this is FANTASTIC. Rookie QB 6 weeks in and you're complaining all he is, is middle of the pack across QB metrics as a 23 year old with the worst OLine in the league thus far?

Yeah you're completely insane and out of touch with reality.

He is average. I literally just showed you. The fact he is a rookie, is not whats in question. You keep blaming everything but a rookie Qb who plays average compared to other QB's in the NFL becuase he is a rookie. That is where you fall off the beam. Its not everything else, its because we have a rookie QB that cannot raise the level of this team right now. You can deal with that or keep crying, but its real. He is average based on every QB in the NFl, and average is not good enough to win.

You want to blame coaching, all players, the grass, the clouds, everything, but you cant say that we are not winning because our offense is being lead by a QB with littel experience who cannot raise the level of the team.

Some people on here don't like numbers if they don't fit their viewpoint.

Nah let's stay on topic. Idiot poster 1971 comparing 4th year #1 pick Mayfield to Mac Jones who has played 6 games and holding his own. Mayfield who has Chubbs, Beckham, Landry to throw to, Mac meanwhile running for his life with the worst OLine in the league.

I would say this was a home run draft choice, the fact that half-wit 1971 is even comparing our rookie QB with the 4th year #1 pick in Cleveland.

Let's stay in reality. Mac is crushing most people's expectations of what he could do by October 2021.

He is average. I literally just showed you. The fact he is a rookie, is not whats in question. You keep blaming everything but a rookie Qb who plays average compared to other QB's in the NFL becuase he is a rookie. That is where you fall off the beam. Its not everything else, its because we have a rookie QB that cannot raise the level of this team right now. You can deal with that or keep crying, but its real. He is average based on every QB in the NFl, and average is not good enough to win.

You want to blame coaching, all players, the grass, the clouds, everything, but you cant say that we are not winning because our offense is being lead by a QB with littel experience who cannot raise the level of the team.

Again, what is your point about Mac having average stats? Is HE the reason for this team being 2-4? If so, come out and say it. Because it sounds like you want to lay blame at the feet of Mac. For most of us (the rational people) on this board, Mac gets a pass this year because...gasp, he's a rookie. If you want to compare him to other rookies this year or rookies in the past and argue he's average, then fine. But that's not what you're doing.

Nah let's stay on topic. Idiot poster 1971 comparing 4th year #1 pick Mayfield to Mac Jones who has played 6 games and holding his own. Mayfield who has Chubbs, Beckham, Landry to throw to, Mac meanwhile running for his life with the worst OLine in the league.

I would say this was a home run draft choice, the fact that half-wit 1971 is even comparing our rookie QB with the 4th year #1 pick in Cleveland.

Let's stay in reality. Mac is crushing most people's expectations of what he could do by October 2021.

The reality is that posters like him and 203 want to blame Bill for letting Tommy Brady go...and so they are picking on Mac by calling him "average."

BINGO

Yes, he is not the reason, he is just not doing anything to help the reasons. To be a great QB in this league, you have to be the reason. You have to cover the holes, you have to win anyway. You have to win no matter if the D struggles if the Oline struggles, etc etc. You have to win anyway. Right now, that is not him. Pretty much, he is not really going up or down, he is just flat lined down the middle for the most part. The pats have played 1 good defense this year.

Confused James Franco GIF

is Mac supposed to be in the MVP race against Brady and Herbert right now with this team? like what?
of course he is average if you look at him comparing him with all time greats and QB that are in a season 10 or something, they might even have a OL to protect them, while Mac is luckily not yet on the IR with that crap team that they have right now

For a rookie I think Mac is playing pretty well but overall he has been an average NFL starting QB. Yes that is comparing him to some 1st overall QB's in their first year but it is also comparing him to Tyler Heinickie, the corpse of Big Ben and some other rookies so it all evens out. I like Mac and think he shows a lot of promise but if we are talking just from a straight up statical standpoint he is pretty much average in most categories.

For a rookie I think Mac is playing pretty well but overall he has been an average NFL starting QB. Yes that is comparing him to some 1st overall QB's in their first year but it is also comparing him to Tyler Heinickie, the corpse of Big Ben and some other rookies so it all evens out. I like Mac and think he shows a lot of promise but if we are talking just from a straight up statical standpoint he is pretty much average in most categories.
His play may be average right now.

But I think there are more than enough signs that show he's probably going to be a top 10 QB (In 2023 at the very latest imo).

You can see it. But it's going to take time.

Ok. That's fair. But to be fair if we're talking about a rookie QB against all the NFL QBs including all these top draft picks, and Mac Jones with a bad OLine and 2-4 is in this conversation, this is a HUGE win !! A top 10-20 NFL QB in his 6th NFL game with a crappy OLine, mediocre oc, and a 2-4 team, this is a major major hit and major win on a draft pick. Let's put this in perspective. This is as great as a team realizing Burrow or Herbert can play.

Ok. That's fair. But to be fair if we're talking about a rookie QB against all the NFL QBs including all these top draft picks, and Mac Jones with a bad OLine and 2-4 is in this conversation, this is a HUGE win !! A top 10-20 NFL QB in his 6th NFL game with a crappy OLine, mediocre oc, and a 2-4 team, this is a major major hit and major win on a draft pick. Let's put this in perspective. This is as great as a team realizing Burrow or Herbert can play.

I said the same thing he did and you cried about it. lol Perspective is, some of the issues with the oline is on the QB. The OC is a 3 time winning OC....with the right QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft