PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Steve Belichick part of the problem on defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from a guy who thinks Brady sucks. You two deserve each other. lol.

Point to me one post where I said that Brady sucks...

and this is coming from a guy who thinks Mac is average.

Not sure if the Giants will fire a third coach in four years. Four in seven if you count Coughlin's "Resignation".

Let me know which coach wins with a ****ty QB and which coach loses with an elite QB. Then I can start hiring/firing coaches quickly like most NFL teams.

did I hear conservative play calling? nah not with the Pats OC, naaah not him

Im Not No Way GIF

You have done nothing but trash Brady since you got here. I siad Mac is playing average. He is. Give me a QB in the NFl that you think is average and you can say Brady.

Mac has started 6 games and has thrown 7TDs and 6 INTs. He's put the ball on the ground 3 times as well. He's done lots of good things but he is avg at best at the moment.

But do you honestly think right now that Mac is an above average NFL QB? I don't know the context here...as a first round draft choice in year one, he's above average. As "what he is right now" average is a big compliment.

Feel like Sergio Brown is roaming the backfield. This defense reminds me so much of the 2010 version, it’s nauseating and in the back of mind I blame Patricia just because he’s here.

Why were there 4 upfront on that 3rd and 25? I’m to the point now I believe no matter what the down and distance, there’s a good chance the opponent is going to get the first down.

Mac has started 6 games and has thrown 7TDs and 6 INTs. He's put the ball on the ground 3 times as well. He's done lots of good things but he is avg at best at the moment.
This. If we add the words. For a rookie....then yeah he is fine. He is not resetting the history of the all things rookie, but he is fine. But in reality, he is about as average as it gets with his play.

They weren't really pressuring him earlier in the game either.

Not spending the money used to re-sign Dee Notso Wise (aka Chris Collinsworth's favorite Patsies' defensive player) on another DE with more pass-rushing juice has turned into yet another horrible, short-sighted personnel miscalulation by Billy & the New Minions.

Don't forget Uncle Dugg!

This. If we add the words. For a rookie....then yeah he is fine. He is not resetting the history of the all things rookie, but he is fine. But in reality, he is about as average as it gets with his play.
Josh Allen wasn't setting the league on fire in his first year. It may not be until year 2 or 3 we see Jones come into his own

Fatty "Spaghettio w/Meatballs" Matty Patricia is one of the worst coaches in the NFL. He is also loathed by players and former players.

Steve Belichick running the show on D is hilarious because he never played football in his life, and has no experience anywhere else related to football. A classic nepotism hire.

Definitely a very weak staff defensively

Josh Allen wasn't setting the league on fire in his first year. It may not be until year 2 or 3 we see Jones come into his own
I'm not talking about Josh Allen, nobody was saying how great he was in his rookie year...This is not about what he will be or not be. Because who knows, maybe this is what he is, I dont know. I am just saying what he is right now.

I keep seeing Mac's completion percentage being used to prop him up like he is having a fantastic season. He has been solid for a rookie but some people on here need to hold off on the anointing oils. If you want to use 16 as the Mendoza line he is below it in most categories.

He's 19th in passing yards.

Out of QB's who have started all 6 games he's only thrown for more TD's than 2 of them.

16th in first down passes

23rd in yards per attempt.

22nd in yards per game

20th in passer rating

I keep seeing Mac's completion percentage being used to prop him up like he is having a fantastic season. He has been solid for a rookie but some people on here need to hold off on the anointing oils. If you want to use 16 as the Mendoza line he is below it in most categories.

He's 19th in passing yards.

Out of QB's who have started all 6 games he's only thrown for more TD's than 2 of them.

16th in first down passes

23rd in yards per attempt.

22nd in yards per game

20th in passer rating
Yep...average. He is throwing very safe very controlled passes. This is the plan this year.

You have done nothing but trash Brady since you got here. I siad Mac is playing average. He is. Give me a QB in the NFl that you think is average and you can say Brady.

I've been trashing Brady since 2008, when I got here? And again, point to me where I said he "sucks." You on the other hand have been here for all of 5 months...know your place on this forum.

But do you honestly think right now that Mac is an above average NFL QB? I don't know the context here...as a first round draft choice in year one, he's above average. As "what he is right now" average is a big compliment.

Average compared to 31 other starting QBs, for sure. But way above average for a first-year starter. That poster was just trashing Mac for no reason. Mac is not the problem here. offensive line, lack of WR talent, aging veterans on D, and coaching is.

I'm not talking about Josh Allen, nobody was saying how great he was in his rookie year...This is not about what he will be or not be. Because who knows, maybe this is what he is, I dont know. I am just saying what he is right now.

In other words by calling him "average," you have no point...got it.

Average compared to 31 other starting QBs, for sure. But way above average for a first-year starter. That poster was just trashing Mac for know reason. Mac is not the problem here. offensive line, lack of WR talent, aging veterans on D, and coaching is.
He is one of 32 starting Qb's in the NFL. I will ask again, what Qb is average. I said he is playing average, you said he was not average, I asked you who is average this year. Who is average.

So let me get this straight, the same coaches, a lot of the same players, except this year they actually went out and bought a ton of players not like in other years where they go get guys on the couch to play receiver. This offense over the last 2 decades have averaged almost 30 ppg. Now we are averaging 19 the last two years....but its not the QB playing average, its everything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back