PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Julian Edelman overrated???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyBlueCat

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
while it’s pretty awesome that the two players have great chemistry, it is a product of Brady and offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels more than it is Edelman being so darn good.

Most overrated NFL player on each team

EDIT: Note this is NOT my point of view. Read the article and thread for context...

Last edited:
Haters going to hate:

But let’s be honest, without Tom Brady throwing him the ball, Edelman would likely never come close to being the player he is today. So, while it’s pretty awesome that the two players have great chemistry, it is a product of Brady and offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels more than it is Edelman being so darn good.

If such logic was true then let's apply Dwayne Allen to the concept and Ochocinco and well i could go on ... we do have a failed WR list ..............

Dear Author:
giphy.gif

And not for saying Edleman is overrated, but most of the people on that list make it super click-bait. Guess, they wanted to try to offend almost every team. So i appreciate that (in the Trey Parker/Matt Stone philosophy)

and Pat's got an extra nomination with Malcolm Butler seeing how he hasn't done much with the Titans...so it would be hard pressed to say if he can excel in their system or not (at this point).

The guy gets open. Maybe other QBs may not be able to share a brain with him like Brady, but Jules still has to get open and catch the ball. I don't really get why he would be considered overrated.

Now, whether he can come back this year and be the same player he was in 2016, that remains to be seen.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Edelman is not overrated but I'm surprised no one is predicting a decline, even just a small one, for a guy in his 30s coming off an ACL tear.

Deon Sanders is a bit idiotic with that statement, there are white receivers that get accolades. Jordy Nelson is one.

I don't really follow the packers, but i can't remember a whole lot of people talking about Jordy nelson the same way they talk about Julio, or Antonio, or Calvin, or even scrubs like Dez, and OBJ.

None of those guys have had the clutch superbowl moments that Jules has. the only people that remember that Julio sideline catch are atlanta and some patriots fans. EVERYONE probably remembers the car crash catch edleman made.

Edelman is not overrated but it is possible the author underrated the value of chemistry. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back