PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it even possible for this team to get HFA any longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the Steelers going 11-4-1 (loss @ NO plus one other). If the Patriots are 10-3 heading into Pittsburgh, I think we'll wind up with the #2 even if we lose @Steelers (which I'm pretty sure they will unless Steelers have major injury(ies) going into that game).

The friggen zones gonna work?

3rd road loss.

The Pats are not beating Pittsburgh either. Copy and paste my words.

Brady looks old and frustrated out there. Almendola is sorely missed that's for sure. Brady is locking in on Gordon, Edelman or Gronk when he plays. Hogan has disappeared and Dorsett is a disappointment. Dorsett was trying to make a silk purse from a sows ear. Brady used to spread the wealth around back in the Brown, Givens, Branch days. At times Brady just throws it up and hopes.

I just don't feel it this year. I don't like going to KC or Pittsburgh with their offensive weapons vs NEs
Hogan will show up when he's needed.

People keep saying this, but Pittsburgh held them to 16 points through the first 56:04 of the game. Whatever they did was fairly effective, seeing as how NE needed an 11 point rush in the last few minutes, as well as a crazy goal line INT at the end to win.

It appeared to me as though the Steelers had a game plan that showed some significant improvement over the idea of them being “same old, same old” again. Just my opinion. I hope we beat the hell out of them, but it’s probably not a gimme game on the road, either.

People keep saying this, but Pittsburgh held them to 16 points through the first 56:04 of the game. Whatever they did was fairly effective, seeing as how NE needed an 11 point rush in the last few minutes, as well as a crazy goal line INT at the end to win.

It appeared to me as though the Steelers had a game plan that showed some significant improvement over the idea of them being “same old, same old” again. Just my opinion. I hope we beat the hell out of them, but it’s probably not a gimme game on the road, either.

Pittsburgh has a major advantage as the Patriots are playing back to back road games. It's a huge challenge and, if they lose that game, the Patriots will most likely have to win every other game after the bye week to get the #2 seed (I think that they will). Pittsburgh's tie against the Brown will turn out to be huge in the seeding.

I agree. They could have easily won the game but they lost the momentum after James catch was over turned. They’ve been playing well as of late so I’m sure it’s not a gimme. Be lucky to win it at all

HFA doesn't matter, what matters the most is the Playoff BYE. When it comes to similarly elite teams, health typically becomes the major determinant of which team goes further in the Playoffs. I believe that we can beat just about anyone in the AFC as long as we are healthy and Brady is mentally ready to go, even if we have to play at Arrowhead or Heinz Field. Which is why it is crucial that the team secures at least a #2 seed.

I'm real real scared of playing a game on the road...oh wait...no I'm not...must be because I'm not bleeding from a gash in my groin area...like all the goddamned chicken little azzoles squawking like stuck pigs around here...

I say we do wind up with the number one seed for these reasons. 1. Kc will start blowing games soon as it starts getting real. They are streaky and capable of winning but they just always blow it. 2. Pittsburgh will unravel at some point. Either injuries or like live video from locker rooms or the running back will get all blown away on hgh. It’s slways something. The chances of kc winning out are real slim, they are the type of team that really plays bad in December for some reason

Pittsburgh went man-heavy in 2017 and as a result kept the game tighter than they have in years against the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes