PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it even possible for this team to get HFA any longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quest4SevenHomie

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Based on our remaining road games, is it in the team to crawl and fight their way for those W's?

This loss against rhis Titans team really kicked our ****s in and have now have us setback for HFA. Unless Kansas City loses against the Ravens, Chargers and possibly Seahawks, AFCCG goes through Arrowhead.

We won't win a shootout in Arrowhead. We've never won in there since 2004.

They have the best chance of locking HFA because of their easyjet schedule. They play the Raiders, Ravens and Chargers at home. While having the Raiders and Seacocks as their only road games.

Brady being 41 years old, has ZERO protection in the pocket because our o-line suck. Edelman's injury is of major concern going forward and will need Gronk at least semi-healthy against the Steelers and Vikings.

Can they win in Miami? Assweiler is their QB, and you know the history with this weasel.

If I learned anything about this team over the years it's that you don't give up on them.

Even if they end up as the 4th seed I'll still be looking forward to 4 Games to Glory I.

We won’t get the 1 spot, but we need to lock up the 2 spot.

I can see a team like the Steelers or Chargers going into K.C in the playoffs and winning a shootout and the AFC championship game ends up in Foxboro even though we are the 2 seed.

#1 overall In a word no... #2 Seed the Pittsburgh will have to be a must win.

I’m thrilled the team is 7-3. Once again a bang up job to the coaching staff and overall grit. However looking at this roster, which many have noted is just flat out lacking young blue chips, this team is realistically:

A 5-7 win team with Brady/Belichick replaced by avg. QB/coach combo.
An 8-10 win team going by point differential.
A team much likelier to finish 11-5 than 13-3.

Not trying to sound whiny or overreacting here. I love what the coaching staff has done with limited chess pieces compared to prior years. There’s always the chance they’ll put it all together and, especially on offense, really find their identity late in the season. I just think from a talent perspective, this team pales in comparison to what we’re used to.

Maybe it would be good to finally get into the playoffs as a dark horse whose been essentially written off (as much as that’s possible with the Patriots.)

I think they’ll finish 11-5 but could be 10-6 if they throw away the last game if it’s meaningless.

They can’t win at Miami no matter who they have.
Could be the year Pittsburgh’s talent advantage is finally too much.
Minnesota is no gimme in any way, despite being at home.

I’d be thrilled if they went 12-4 with all of these roster issues.

They’re not getting HFA. Getting a bye is the more realistic focus, and what they’re probably playing for in Pittsburgh.

Before the season started I picked 10-6. I had them losing to JAX, GB, two of PIT/MIN/KC, at Mia (NE almost never sweeps the division) and another brain fart loss in the division. Now that we’re at the bye I am sticking with 10-6. While I absolutely hope to be proven wrong, I just don’t have the faith right now. Though I guess we’ll see how the team looks after the bye and whether or not they can solve their problems.

3rd road loss.

The Pats are not beating Pittsburgh either. Copy and paste my words.

Brady looks old and frustrated out there. Almendola is sorely missed that's for sure. Brady is locking in on Gordon, Edelman or Gronk when he plays. Hogan has disappeared and Dorsett is a disappointment. Dorsett was trying to make a silk purse from a sows ear. Brady used to spread the wealth around back in the Brown, Givens, Branch days. At times Brady just throws it up and hopes.

I just don't feel it this year. I don't like going to KC or Pittsburgh with their offensive weapons vs NEs

Brady being 41 years old, has ZERO protection in the pocket because our o-line suck. Edelman's injury is of major concern going forward and will need Gronk at least semi-healthy against the Steelers and Vikings.

The O line sucks because injuries have taken their toll, Trent Brown suffered from an illness this week and took sometime off in the game(38 out of 66 O plays), Shaq Mason did not even suit up, Dwayne Allen missed some playing time(42/66) and Gronk was on the sidelines.. to say the O line sucked without qualifying it with the amount of injuries begs the issue.

Based on our remaining road games, is it in the team to crawl and fight their way for those W's?

This loss against rhis Titans team really kicked our ****s in and have now have us setback for HFA. Unless Kansas City loses against the Ravens, Chargers and possibly Seahawks, AFCCG goes through Arrowhead.

We won't win a shootout in Arrowhead. We've never won in there since 2004.

They have the best chance of locking HFA because of their easyjet schedule. They play the Raiders, Ravens and Chargers at home. While having the Raiders and Seacocks as their only road games.

Can they win in Miami? Assweiler is their QB, and you know the history with this weasel.

I wouldn't worry about home field advantage. The Pats will make the playoffs and will likely get bounced by KC in the AFCCG...if they make it that far. They don't have the horses this year. The misses in the last couple of drafts and the insane amount of injuries have caught up with the Pats. I know in two weeks when the Pats kick the snot out of the hapless Jets everyone will be like "See! The Pats aren't done!". But the truth of the matter is the Pats won't be playing for a championship this year.

And, yes, I'll be watching and enjoying all the games the Pats will play this and next year.

The Queefs loseable games left on the schedule are the Rams, Chargers, and Seahawks and they’ll probably win at least two of those. Second seed is probably what the Patriots will be getting and that’s assuming they will win out. This team badly needs Mason back and Gronk healthy in order for that to happen.

Question answered and case closed, read the post of Ice_Ice_Brady and KondradictioN.

Go Pats

We’ve played in KC like twice since 2004. The ****ing Titans won there last season. This is just silly.

Last season was last season. Have you been paying attention to their rookie QB who's having pretty much the best rookie season ever?

First time since 2013 that the Pats are probably not as good as a few of the other top teams. But there are 6 games left and with some luck on the health front and a couple offensive tweaks I do not see any reason that the Pats cannot improve significantly and have a viable chance. The best team does not always win and the Pats will have a real chance in any game they play. The playoffs may be more like 2006 where Pats had to pull an upset to beat a more talented Chargers team and were a play or two away from putting away the Colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back