PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it even possible for this team to get HFA any longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody called you "not a real fan". Its your act which is the same tired "everything and every sucks" instead of keeping things in perspective. . Keep lamenting about givens and branch . those guys went away in 2006 . And then check what we have done after. But keep lamenting if it makes you feel better . Whatever works for you.

Its just the same people implying that Pats fans that are critical of this team are happy when they lose. Christmas - your words.

If you dont see the difference in Brady spreading the ball around this season then I wish you well in Fantasy land.

Fighting for 2nd seed at best now.

The health of a team is probably the most important factor for success in football. We could see that in the Patriots game yesterday. It is no great secret that Patriots success hinges on its offense.
Several players on of our offensive side are missing right now and it seems like they will be available down the road.
I would not worry about HFA or Bye right now. Take the AFC East and work the healthy players back into the rotation - and we will be good to go. I like our chances with a healthy team and a 12-4 record.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
It's possible, sure. The Chiefs will likely lose to the Rams, and we can't rule out the likelihood that there's another loss somewhere on their schedule. Could be a division game that ends up being unexpectedly competitive, and the Chargers in particular won't be an easy win.

Having said that, we probably have to win out the rest of the way, since it's unlikely the Chiefs are going worse than 13-3. And I'm skeptical that this team can do that. Between Miami, Minnesota and Pittsburgh I think we lose at least one of those games. And of the other 3 AFCE games, even if we have an 80% chance of winning each of them individually, that still makes it basically a coinflip that we take all 3.

Basically this feels like an 11-5 or 12-4 team to me. I think losing yesterday put the #1 far enough out of reach that it's no longer the primary concern, although it is still obtainable. But at this point I'm more worried about holding off the Steelers for the #2 seed than getting the 1 seed.

And anyways people crying about the pats woes for some reason everytime need to check what the chiefs have done in the playoffs. They lost to the titans at home last yr. A much worser titan team this one.
Patrick Mahomes >>> Alex Smith

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Its just the same people implying that Pats fans that are critical of this team are happy when they lose. Christmas - your words.

If you dont see the difference in Brady spreading the ball around this season then I wish you well in Fantasy land.
And i wish you well in eulogy land if you cant wait to see how things play out and come out to say the same things after every loss.

The Rams losing Cooper Kupp to a torn ACL could make the Rams-Chiefs more winnable for the Chiefs

With yesterday's loss we can say goodbye to the #1 seed. Pittsburgh needs to lose a couple of games for the Pats to get the #2 seed . At least we have the H2H against Houston so hopefully that should help.

Based on our remaining road games, is it in the team to crawl and fight their way for those W's?

This loss against rhis Titans team really kicked our ****s in and have now have us setback for HFA. Unless Kansas City loses against the Ravens, Chargers and possibly Seahawks, AFCCG goes through Arrowhead.

We won't win a shootout in Arrowhead. We've never won in there since 2004.

They have the best chance of locking HFA because of their easyjet schedule. They play the Raiders, Ravens and Chargers at home. While having the Raiders and Seacocks as their only road games.

Brady being 41 years old, has ZERO protection in the pocket because our o-line suck. Edelman's injury is of major concern going forward and will need Gronk at least semi-healthy against the Steelers and Vikings.

Can they win in Miami? Assweiler is their QB, and you know the history with this weasel.

How many games have the Pats played in Arrowhead since 2004? TWO. TWO.. So you going all Negative Nancy with such a small sample size is pretty laughable.

You're claim that Brady has Zero Protection is also laughable. You're ignoring that Trent Brown was attempting to play through being sick and that Shaq Mason will be returning after the bye from his calf injury in all likelihood.

The Vikings Air Attack does concern me a bit. Diggs and Theilen

How many games have the Pats played in Arrowhead since 2004? TWO. TWO.. So you going all Negative Nancy with such a small sample size is pretty laughable.

You're claim that Brady has Zero Protection is also laughable. You're ignoring that Trent Brown was attempting to play through being sick and that Shaq Mason will be returning after the bye from his calf injury in all likelihood.

The Vikings Air Attack does concern me a bit. Diggs and Theilen

Yeah, this is huge. As big as the drop-off is from Brown to Waddle, Mason to Karras is even bigger. It's enormous in both cases, though, to the point that I think either of them individually have nearly as big of an impact on this team right now as the downgrade from Gronk to Allen. So much of the ground game is predicated on what Mason can do, not having him out there is a huge limitation. Hopefully he gets healthy over the bye week.

We’ve played in KC like twice since 2004. The ****ing Titans won there last season. This is just silly.

I know this includes our home games, too, but KC has scored 40+ points in three of the last four times they've played us. While the 2014 team should have no relevance to this year's team 'talent wise', I think it does speak to the team not having the 'intimidation factor' that usually comes when playing Brady and Belichick.

I'm not writing them off like the poster you are responding to, but I do agree that winning in KC will be a tall task.

Another thing, while we haven't had a ton of opportunities, the Pats haven't won a playoff game on the road since the 2006 season.

There's still a lot of ball left to be played. I think we'll feel much better about our chances by the end of the regular season.

I don't think the Rams win against the Chiefs and it's rather surprising just how many people have penciled in the Rams for the game. The Rams D hasn't been playing nearly as good as hyped and the Chiefs offense, for now, remains incredibly high powered.

The season starts after thanksgiving

The only thing that has ever mattered to BB is to cinch the division. From there, it's a whole new ballgame.
Winning the division has been an afterthought for many years. Since 2003 to be exact. The real games have always been against the top teams in the AFC. This years game against Pittsburgh will be the last one on the schedule. Winner most likely gets a first round bye unless NE struggles before or after that.

I think BB just says that to be respectful to the other teams in the division.

I don't think the Rams win against the Chiefs and it's rather surprising just how many people have penciled in the Rams for the game. The Rams D hasn't been playing nearly as good as hyped and the Chiefs offense, for now, remains incredibly high powered.
Rams defense is terrible. That D will be blown up after this season. Saints are the most complete in the NFC.

Chiefs should win that game.

I know this includes our home games, too, but KC has scored 40+ points in three of the last four times they've played us. While the 2014 team should have no relevance to this year's team 'talent wise', I think it does speak to the team not having the 'intimidation factor' that usually comes when playing Brady and Belichick.

I'm not writing them off like the poster you are responding to, but I do agree that winning in KC will be a tall task.

Another thing, while we haven't had a ton of opportunities, the Pats haven't won a playoff game on the road since the 2006 season.

There's still a lot of ball left to be played. I think we'll feel much better about our chances by the end of the regular season.

The Pats have only played two playoff games on the road since 2006. So I'm not sure what the point is there.

But I agree that winning in KC will be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes