PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it Cam’s fault or the WRs and TEs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam is the worst passing (starting) QB in the league.

We are also 29th in points scored.

I'm not sure Cam would do much better with Tompa Bay's offense.
no he would not, as he can't read the D#, doesn't go through his progress and tends to hold the ball too long and has very poor throwing mechanics, you have to release it before the WR is where he supposed to be, Cam waits for the receiver to be where he is supposed to be before he throws an ugly ball into the durt or hospital ball behind the receiver to end his season

he is just plain and simple not a good QB unless you expect a QB to never thorw and just run so basically a RB, don't expect Stidham to be the saviour but right now I would rather watch him make rookie mistakes, than a 10 year veteran playing like a rookie with same poor decision making and execution, the one can improve a long the way, the other is what he is

With Brady we would be 5-2 right now while Barfalo would be 5-3 (if not 4-4 because they were literally given a W by the criminally incompetent zebras vs the Rams)

How we would fare during the remainder of the season is certainly open for discussion...
Tough to say.. With Brady, I think we beat Denver and Buffalo.

KC, I think we win with Cam regardless because KC was very sloppy.

Tough to say.. With Brady, I think we beat Denver and Buffalo.

KC, I think we win with Cam regardless because KC was very sloppy.
Yep, with Brady we absolutely beat Denver and KC and Barfalo, but likely not Seattle (Cam's best game) or SF.

It's complicated. Cam is our best QB (not saying much) and in all honesty is probably one of our best skill position players (again, not saying much). Our TE and WR are so bad that I have serious doubts even Mahomes would make it work right now. This offense, like the one we saw in late 2019, is doomed due to a complete lack of firepower. Part of it *is* Cam's poor play, but I'm arguing now that it's only like 20%.

If things keep going like this and Cam doesn't choose to retire, I would honestly be open to bringing him back on another cheap deal to be the backup to whoever we find to solve the QB position for real. He's not going to be a good starter, but I really do think he's better than most backups (and our QB room currently only contains backups). I also truly believe we would be seeing more success from the offense in every way, including Cam's stats, if the skill positions get a legitimate boost next season.

Josh has been sitting most of the season on Harris, Meyers, Asiasi who can play but the buffoon doesn't even know the talent he has on the team.

What talent?

Harry is a Bust. Bird, Meyers, Gunner are not starting NFL WRs despite the annual training camp reports on how JAG WRs looks unbelievable.

What talent?

Harry is a Bust. Bird, Meyers, Gunner are not starting NFL WRs despite the annual training camp reports on how JAG WRs looks unbelievable.

Meyers has been buried for no reason. Behind as you note Harry who is terrible.

Cam isn't the answer. But at the same time this is a former league MVP, only QB ever with 30k passing yards and 5k rushing yards, all time QB rushing leader in the NFL, and passed great in 12 games under Norv Turner. He was rolling the first 3 games.

I think Josh McDaniels is getting exposed horribly right now without Brady. We have developed zero WRs or TEs with McDaniels. And our red zone offense is terrible. Harris and Meyers and Asiasi need to stop being buried in favor of busts like Harry, Izzo, or Michel.

It's a combination of things but I think we need to change the offensive coordinator.

Don't agree about McDaniels, he is solid. One can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. McDaniels doesn't have the talent to work with. This is a bust season for the Pats.

Sometimes I have a felling when Cam is going to run he just runs no matter what are the circumstances. Then he doesn't give a toss what our WR are doing either they are creating separation or not.
Ok,he is a big dude, he has a body, he hasn't got speed he used to have but.....his indecisiveness sometimes is frustrating.

Simple, it’s on both.
I have to agree with this. Brady couldn’t succeed with this crew last year. 12-4, yeah, but they couldn’t win vs any good teams.

It's a team sport, so everyone in complicit. But Cam is getting the brunt of it lately because there is an abundance of footage, especially from the game two Sundays ago, that shows wide open receivers not receiving the ball. He's holding on to the ball when asked to be a pocket passer and he's not properly reading the defense still, which is something he's never really excelled doing.

I think Cam would do “ok” if this offense was designed to grind clock, with one solid tight end and a reliable backup and backs that can catch the ball out of the backfield with regularity.

instead he’s throwing to the sisterHood of the Traveling pants

I don’t think Cam is great any more, but this offense is designed to blow

I have to agree with this. Brady couldn’t succeed with this crew last year. 12-4, yeah, but they couldn’t win vs any good teams.
If 12-4 isn't enough, you will need to find a new team to follow, at least for awhile.

It is both. I like Cam and he is still learning but he struggles with the simple pass the most. He struggles to hit White in stride, thus making him useless because he isn't a true running threat. There is nothing wrong with Byrd or Meyers. They get open and routinely make the catch. Harry is the true problem. We insist on using Harry as if he has some great yac ability that simply isn't there. We waste our time trying to get him the ball in space but he doesn't break tackles nearly enough to garner these plays just for him. Every play that comes Harry's way looks like it would be more successful from someone like Zubar etc.

Also Cam's game would go to another level with a quality tight end. He is doing what he can with Izzo, but I have seen Cam play quite a few games with Greg Olsen and it is a big difference.

You're asking the wrong question! The real question should be: "Is the anemic, predictable offensive performances the fault of the players, or the coaching staff?"

A large portion of the blame rests with McDummy and GM-BB. HC-BB also shares some of the blame, but nowhere near as much as GM-BB who would have been better off letting his dog draft a TE/WR than McDummy. One would assume GM-BB decides who the OC is, so he gets dinged for that as well. Though the possibility of some idiotic deal between Hand-Job Bob and McDummy pertaining to who takes the reins from BB when he walks into the sunset should not be ignored.

Cam is showing poor mechanics at times and is not identifying coverage fast enough. The weapons are also complete crap and probably the worst group in the NFL. Say Brady is good 9 out of 10 times and Cam is good 5 out of 10 times. In 2014-2017 Brady had an offense giving him a good look 9 out of 10 times in a game. Cam has an offense giving him a good look 3 or 4 out of 10 times. So it ends up adding up.

What do you mean "OR"?

Cam is not playing well overall.

But the offensive weapons on this team are still terrible no matter who you put under center, so just dumping him fixes nothing.

I want to know why Cam doesn't run anymore. Pretty much the only thing he is an upgrade over Brady on is his ability to run and it seems like aside from being a goal line battering ram he doesn't run anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back