PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it Cam’s fault or the WRs and TEs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with Brady we are 5-2 even 6-1. The only loses I see is SF ans maybe KC. But we beat Seattle, Denver and the bills today
It's hard to say because Brady would rely more on passing. While we would have a better passing attack with him, this team's offense has a ceiling in the pass game. The run game is largely benefitted by Cam in a way Brady wouldn't help it. It's very difficult to judge.

Cam is not a fit in this offense. My issues with him:

-constantly throws off his back foot.
-even when he plants and throws, he is inaccurate.
-holds the ball too long even when wrs are wide open.
-runs first and not go through his reads.
-doesnt read defenses well and doesn't make adjustments.

I think BB should make cam am RB and start stidham. Have both stidham and cam on the field.

The fact that BB is sticking with Cam tells me that he has given up on the season.
I keep hearing this, but it presumes one key thing that we haven't seen proven and have no reason to believe.

That Stidham is a good QB.

It's Belichick's responsibility but the solution isn't anywhere in the vicinity of a new HC. Belichick has been getting sh-t from McDaniels for 8 years. Brady covered for it. Developing zero WRs or TEs the past 8 years is on McDaniels. Look at how Harris or Meyers or Asiasi haven't been developed until late. McD doesn't know who is good on the team.
I disagree with you about developing WRs and TEs. Who was here the last 8 years he hasn’t developed that went on to prove themselves elsewhere? Meyers, Asiasi, and Harris are all 1st or 2nd year players. The fact that Meyers who was an unknown undrafted player and is now playing means he likely has been developed from where he was when he entered. Harris was injured last year and basically red shirted. Asiasi, who knows how good he is or what he will be.

Belichick picks our players and is the HEAD coach. Their development and if they were the right pick is on him. Josh has the worst offensive skil players in the league to work with. I don’t blame him for this. You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t.

I keep hearing this, but it presumes one key thing that we haven't seen proven and have no reason to believe.

I want to see stidham prepare for a week as a starter and play a full game to really see what we have. What do we have to lose at this point?

I disagree with you about developing WRs and TEs. Who was here the last 8 years he hasn’t developed that went on to prove themselves elsewhere? Meyers, Asiasi, and Harris are all 1st or 2nd year players. The fact that Meyers who was an unknown undrafted player and is now playing means he likely has been developed from where he was when he entered. Harris was injured last year and basically red shirted. Asiasi, who knows how good he is or what he will be.

Belichick picks our players and is the HEAD coach. Their development and if they were the right pick is on him. Josh has the worst offensive skil players in the league to work with. I don’t blame him for this. You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t.

It's interesting you think the offensive coordinator has such a limited role. He's in charge of the offense. So No WRs or TEs developing or producing is on the OC. Even if you think all he does is call plays, the red zone play calling has been horrible all month.

It's hard to say because Brady would rely more on passing. While we would have a better passing attack with him, this team's offense has a ceiling in the pass game. The run game is largely benefitted by Cam in a way Brady wouldn't help it. It's very difficult to judge.
I agree it is tough but if you take today, Cam threw for 174 and ran for 54 that equal to 228 yards in total. I can see Brady throwing for more than that.

The OL and the running game is much better this year and Brady is one of the best play action passer. That was lacking last year that was the difference.

My point would be to play him and find out!

especially with a qb like cam. We should be converting a very high percentage in the rz and on 3rd and less than 4

Absolutely. Red zone should be unstoppable. Look what the Bills did, spread 4 wide then ran Josh Allen. Cam with 3 or 4 receivers out wide, he can run or pass and the box isn't loaded up. Would be unstoppable. But McDaniels doesn't see it. That plus look how good Harris and Meyers are (and Asiasi). He's completely mismanaging the offense

I want to see stidham prepare for a week as a starter and play a full game to really see what we have. What do we have to lose at this point?
The very real possibility that the reason Stidhman isn't starting is because he isn't good enough and the coaches believe that Stidham is a worse overall option for the team even if Cam is struggling.

The "it can't be any worse" thing is a fallacy. Yes there are plenty of QB's in this league that are on the bench that are dreadful and worse than Cam. Cam at least adds to the running game, puts the work in, has experience, and players respect him as a talent. It's a very real possibility Belichick knows Stidham has none of that and is just a liability and a waste of time who isn't panning out that he's keeping around for cheap death because he's been in the system a year.

To be blunt, I trust Bill Belichick's evaluation of players on his team and, if after a few weeks with barely any practice, Bill decided that Cam was the better option and is still going with him. I am going to say that he's probably right and our guess work isn't worth questioning it. Especially since Stidham has been nothing but a complete disaster everytime he has been given a chance.

I said this in another thread, but Stidham is the type of guy that should be chomping at the bit to get an opportunity and make the most of it like Brady in 2001. Instead he's been a complete wreck. He hasn't earned the right to get a week of 1st team reps.

My point would be to play him and find out!
When Bill had Cam and Hoyer leap over him in the depth chart and Bill is refusing to name him as the starter.... the coaches already know. The uniform is the only reason anyone on here thinks Stidham is worth the time of day.

It's interesting you think the offensive coordinator has such a limited role. He's in charge of the offense. So No WRs or TEs developing or producing is on the OC. Even if you think all he does is call plays, the red zone play calling has been horrible all month.

My contention is more that he hasn’t had very good players to develop. Belichick picks the players, not Josh.

I think it has more to do on Bill not wanting to give up on Cam and accept the failure than on stidham ability. Because every other coach would have benched Cam at this point.

I think it has more to do on Bill not wanting to give up on Cam and accept the failure than on stidham ability. Because every other coach would have benched Cam at this point.
Doubt it... I think Belichick just believes (and on that note I agree with Belichick) that Cam gives us the best chance to win. Stid probably isn't very good. Period. He was positioned on the QB chart BEHIND a terrible Hoyer. Belichick knows Hoyer is terrible but still started him in that one game. Probably partly due to experience and probably knowing Stid had no real chance.

Who knows. Maybe Belichick even believes Cam will be here next season and is just trying his best this season. Cam will be cheap and if Belichick still believes Cam is our best option... then he's our QB. We'll see.

The very real possibility that the reason Stidhman isn't starting is because he isn't good enough and the coaches believe that Stidham is a worse overall option for the team even if Cam is struggling.

The "it can't be any worse" thing is a fallacy. Yes there are plenty of QB's in this league that are on the bench that are dreadful and worse than Cam. Cam at least adds to the running game, puts the work in, has experience, and players respect him as a talent. It's a very real possibility Belichick knows Stidham has none of that and is just a liability and a waste of time who isn't panning out that he's keeping around for cheap death because he's been in the system a year.

To be blunt, I trust Bill Belichick's evaluation of players on his team and, if after a few weeks with barely any practice, Bill decided that Cam was the better option and is still going with him. I am going to say that he's probably right and our guess work isn't worth questioning it. Especially since Stidham has been nothing but a complete disaster everytime he has been given a chance.

I said this in another thread, but Stidham is the type of guy that should be chomping at the bit to get an opportunity and make the most of it like Brady in 2001. Instead he's been a complete wreck. He hasn't earned the right to get a week of 1st team reps.
I think we should still start him anyway. I want to see what he can do for a full game. He can't be any worse than cam.

I think we should still start him anyway. I want to see what he can do for a full game. He can't be any worse than cam.
I think Cam is our best option this season. Cam when playing average is still better than Hoyer at Hoyer's current best and probably the same with Stid. We're 2-5 but the season isn't FULLY lost yet. Do I believe we're making playoffs? NO. I just think Cam is the best QB on our roster and Belichick probably knows Stid isn't the one. He sees him at practice and is a very good coach. I trust BB here.

Yes.... He can actually be worse than Cam

To be blunt, I trust Bill Belichick's evaluation of players on his team and, if after a few weeks with barely any practice, Bill decided that Cam was the better option and is still going with him
To be blunt, I really start questioning bill’s evaluation of player the last few years. It has not been good. I think the NFL has evolved the past few years and he missed the train.

Cam is huge part why we are 2-5, that the truth. he turn the ball way too much that put us out of games, holds the ball way to long that put in 3rd and long so many times, and now he can't throw and we are afraid to even throw the ball when it's beneficial for us.

Time to put Stidham in, he at least has a way quicker release. I can live with someone with lack of experience making mistake, I can't from a 9 year veteran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes