PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it Cam’s fault or the WRs and TEs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NG Pats Fan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I see everyone blaming Cam for his disastrous passing numbers through 7 weeks....however shouldn’t the blame be placed on the WRs and TES? We know cam has talent. The current WRs are the worst in the nfl, and maybe worst in franchise history. The tight ends are equally as bad. The rookies we drafted high have shown nothing.

can any QB play with this crop and succeed? I don’t think so.

Cam isn't the answer. But at the same time this is a former league MVP, only QB ever with 30k passing yards and 5k rushing yards, all time QB rushing leader in the NFL, and passed great in 12 games under Norv Turner. He was rolling the first 3 games.

I think Josh McDaniels is getting exposed horribly right now without Brady. We have developed zero WRs or TEs with McDaniels. And our red zone offense is terrible. Harris and Meyers and Asiasi need to stop being buried in favor of busts like Harry, Izzo, or Michel.

It's a combination of things but I think we need to change the offensive coordinator.

Last edited:
Brady would be better but I really doubt the outcome of the season would be any different than last year.

I really can’t stand watching cam throw the football. It’s like he throws it and you cringe thinking something bad is going to happen.

Its not Cam's fault. This is such a desperate way to take blame away from Belichick and the team itself. Yes, Cam is responsible for his poor play. He's trying, but he's just inconsistent. At his best, he can play well enough to win. However, Cam was brought in very late. We had ZERO chance with Hoyer and likely no chance with Stid. This season is a failure on the team, not just Cam.

Brady would be better but I really doubt the outcome of the season would be any different than last year.

I really can’t stand watching cam throw the football. It’s like he throws it and you cringe thinking something bad is going to happen.
We’d have beat the Broncos, the Bills. and likely the Chiefs with better QB play

We’d have beat the Broncos, the Bills. and likely the Chiefs with better QB play
I think Cam beats KC. Feel free to disagree though.

Bills? Yeah, Cam doesn't fumble we probably win. I say probably because it wasn't certain but we had momentum. Cam is trying. I don't think its right to have disdain for him. He was our only chance at salvaging this season. It is what it is. Sucks Cam probably won't prove his doubters wrong and I'll never have hate for the man.

Ultimately it’s Belichick’s fault. He picks the groceries and we ended up with a bunch of rotten goods. Our WRs/TEs are the worst in the league. He doesn’t have Brady’s heir on the roster. Cam is not the answer but you can’t lay the blame at his feet.

Even if Brady was still here, they wouldn't be great, but they'd be better.

The Patriots failed to address the team's offensive issues. They O-line has shored up well. I'll give them that but receiving was an issue last year, They literally just ignored it.

I think Cam beats KC. Feel free to disagree though.

Bills? Yeah, Cam doesn't fumble we probably win. I say probably because it wasn't certain but we had momentum. Cam is trying. I don't think its right to have disdain for him. He was our only chance at salvaging this season. It is what it is. Sucks Cam probably won't prove his doubters wrong and I'll never have hate for the man.
Ya, I’m with you. I don’t blame Cam, he’s just not the player he was before the injuries and he doesn’t have much to work with. My response was basically with Brady we are likely leading the division. Not SB contenders but we’d still be on playoff position.

Ultimately it’s Belichick’s fault. He picks the groceries and we ended up with a bunch of rotten goods. Our WRs/TEs are the worst in the league. He doesn’t have Brady’s heir on the roster. Cam is not the answer but you can’t lay the blame at his feet.

It's Belichick's responsibility but the solution isn't anywhere in the vicinity of a new HC. Belichick has been getting sh-t from McDaniels for 8 years. Brady covered for it. Developing zero WRs or TEs the past 8 years is on McDaniels. Look at how Harris or Meyers or Asiasi haven't been developed until late. McD doesn't know who is good on the team.

Ya, I’m with you. I don’t blame Cam, he’s just not the player he was before the injuries and he doesn’t have much to work with. My response was basically with Brady we are likely leading the division. Not SB contenders but we’d still be on playoff position.
Not sure if we'd be leading the division with Brady. Buffalo is 6-2. With Brady, at best we're 4-4 in my opinion. This team just isn't good enough to be above 500 at this point of the season IMO.

It's Belichick's responsibility but the solution isn't anywhere in the vicinity of a new HC. Belichick has been getting sh-t from McDaniels for 8 years. Brady covered for it. Developing zero WRs or TEs the past 8 years is on McDaniels. Look at how Harris or Meyers or Asiasi haven't been developed until late. McD doesn't know who is good on the team.
Are people really considering firing BB is a good move? That would be insanity. It would AT LEAST take THREE under 7 win seasons for me to consider the system dead.

The 2 weeks before it was cams fault, thought he was pretty awful against sf and denver. This week and the first 3 weeks I honestly thought the passing game looked okay but could definitely use more at wr and te. Today i felt penalties/ poor playcalls halted a few drives more than anything personnel related. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be actively trying to upgrade The targets this off-season tho .

Cam is not a fit in this offense. My issues with him:

-constantly throws off his back foot.
-even when he plants and throws, he is inaccurate.
-holds the ball too long even when wrs are wide open.
-runs first and not go through his reads.
-doesnt read defenses well and doesn't make adjustments.

I think BB should make cam am RB and start stidham. Have both stidham and cam on the field.

The fact that BB is sticking with Cam tells me that he has given up on the season.

Are people really considering firing BB is a good move? That would be insanity. It would AT LEAST take THREE under 7 win seasons for me to consider the system dead.

Agree. But you have some crazies who like Brady more than the Pats. And some people secretly trying to deflect for totally-exposed McDaniels here by crapping on Cam or the WRs or on BB.

Not sure if we'd be leading the division with Brady. Buffalo is 6-2. With Brady, at best we're 4-4 in my opinion. This team just isn't good enough to be above 500 at this point of the season IMO.
I think with Brady we are 5-2 even 6-1. The only loses I see is SF ans maybe KC. But we beat Seattle, Denver and the bills today

The 2 weeks before it was cams fault, thought he was pretty awful against sf and denver. This week and the first 3 weeks I honestly thought the passing game looked okay but could definitely use more at wr and te. Today i felt penalties/ poor playcalls halted a few drives more than anything personnel related. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be actively trying to upgrade The targets this off-season tho .

Red zone offense is putrid. That's on the offensive coordinator

Cam't the QB so he is going to naturally get credit for wins and blame for losses. But the overall truth is this isn't a talented team and Cam isn't Brady and can't overcome it regardless of his own flaws. It sucks but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back