PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Is going 16-0 something the Patriots really want to do?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they've spoken to M. Gee:eek:

What if the 'Phins actually win a game or two, and SF keeps losing... you NEVER play to lose, obviously, but what a mind-bender, if losing to the 'Phins would get you the first round pick (and you already have HFA through the playoffs.)

Just adding fuel to a stoopit fire... because you know, whether they acknowledge it or not, that 19-0 looks really good right now. On a team full of perfectionists, you have to think perfection would have some draw.

But if we're gonna lose one, I say lose the Miami game LOL

PFnV

Every team wants to win every game it plays.

This is very different from wanting to win all their games.

Before knee-jerk responding, think a minute:

The first results in a new goal each week, and failure to meet one goal (losing a game) does not affect later goals.

THe second is one goal per season, and as soon as the team loses one game they are now goalless and adrift. Even if they win their remaining games, they cannot meet their goal. It results in a loss of focus (not that there was a lot of focus to begin with if players are thinking about winning the week 14 game in week 6).

at this point my impression is that we will try to do it; we will be able to reach it ? i hope so

Pats need to win 2 more games for HFA. Until that goal is met you "play to win the game". After that we can debate on who to rest and who to play for how long.

That being said a loss to the Steelers would not surprise me nor would it upset me like a loss in previous seasons.

2 out of the next 4 games is the minimum the team needs.

The bye week and home field will be crucial to making it to the SB.

Especially since I expect close games in the playoffs.

Every team wants to win every game it plays.

This is very different from wanting to win all their games.

Before knee-jerk responding, think a minute:

The first results in a new goal each week, and failure to meet one goal (losing a game) does not affect later goals.

THe second is one goal per season, and as soon as the team loses one game they are now goalless and adrift. Even if they win their remaining games, they cannot meet their goal. It results in a loss of focus (not that there was a lot of focus to begin with if players are thinking about winning the week 14 game in week 6).

I hear you, but I think the goals go more like this:

1) Win the AFC East
2) Get HFA in the playoffs
3) Win the AFC Championship
4) Win the Super Bowl

Nothing else matters...

The Colts started 13-0, winning by an average of more than 16 points a game, before losing to San Diego. Indy was the 20th team to finish 14-2 or 15-1 since the advent of the 16-game schedule in 1978, and just the second of the 20 to lose its first playoff game, but the Colts deserve a mulligan; they were emotionally drained after the late-December suicide of coach Tony Dungy's son.

Oh, brother...:bricks:

What the Patriots really want to do is win the next game. Then they'll want to do it again. They're not thinking about 16-0, the media and the fans are.

i think we must try to do the perfect season.
but the most important thing is to win the superbowl.

Last edited:
Actually, I believe losing a game would make the rest of the season easier, but not for the "pressure of going undefeated" baloney. It's entirely to do with the other teams, who come out with all guns blazing to be the one to take down the unbeaten team.

The goal since last jan was to win the super bowl this yr, anything else , including going 18-0 then lose the super bowl.. would be a major dissapointment...

Losing a game would make the rest of the REGULAR SEASON easier.

It wouldn't help any in the playoffs.

So it has no merit, except for the draft pick ramifications (vs. Jets and Miami both, actually).

But the Pats aren't going to forgo a perfect season just to deny Miami a crack at a franchise QB (or to extract a pick from them in trade).

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back