PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brady to Blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean Brady will be suspended?
Not unless the NFL wants to find out what happens to its brand when one of its teams boycotts the Super Bowl. I can't imagine there's a man in that locker room that wouldn't stand with TB.

Well, either that or he'll do the Jameis Winston "what, me suspended?" and show up in uniform on the sideline anyway.

Are you serious???

The NFL will not suspend Brady for the Super Bowl. They'll fine him- thats it. Maybe the team as well.

Yes, of course I'm serious.

I'm not saying it's what I want, or should be done, but if Brady is working with the ball attendants to deflate the balls during games, the toughest penalty Goodell could levy would be to suspend Brady for one game. It would kill Super Bowl ratings, but it would show Goodell is the tough sheriff he wants to be.

It would put the asterisk on the Seahawks if the win.

Merriweather got suspended for two games for an illegal hit. Check out the list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suspensions_in_the_National_Football_League

Colts fans are outraged and "are done with the NFL" unless Belichick is fired or suspended a year.

I'm trying to understand their tipping point.

-The league is found guilty of hiding the dangers of concussions and being culpable in the death and debilitation of dozens, maybe hundreds, of ex-players. That is OK, keep watching.
-Dozens of players face suspensions for PED use. That is OK, keep watching.
-Several players abuse their spouses and the NFL, initially at least, has no problem at all with it. That is OK, keep watching.
-One member of their own team is charged with rape days before their biggest game of the year. That is OK, keep watching.

-It is determined that a team used footballs that were under-inflated by 16%. THAT DOES IT! NO MORE NFL!

It just seems a little odd to draw the line right now, for that.
Great perspective. In that light, this whole thing is utterly ridiculous.

Say it was Brady's doing. Would Belichek know about it and be complicit in it? If he didn't know about it what should he do? I assume he'd much rather be the one to fall on the sword rather than see Brady take heat, but he is far more despised because of spygate and his surly uncooperative tendencies with the media. If Brady claims sole responsibility, the media would probably assume he's shielding a cowardly BB. I assume their stategy will be to claim ignorance of willful wrong doing on anyone's part and that BB will accept responsibility for any punishment or fines that result.

Yes, of course I'm serious.

I'm not saying it's what I want, or should be done, but if Brady is working with the ball attendants to deflate the balls during games, the toughest penalty Goodell could levy would be to suspend Brady for one game. It would kill Super Bowl ratings, but it would show Goodell is the tough sheriff he wants to be.

It would put the asterisk on the Seahawks if the win.

Merriweather got suspended for two games for an illegal hit. Check out the list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suspensions_in_the_National_Football_League

If it's true, all he was trying to do was get a better grip on the ball.

Suspending him for the Super Bowl is like the death penalty for an illegal u-turn.

I can see it from the media, "Brady tells Ravens to study the rule book, and they did"

OR

Richard Sherman" "I think people somehow get a skewed view of Tom Brady," Sherman said. "That he's just a clean-cut guy that does everything right and never says a bad word to anyone. We know him to be otherwise"

Like a pack of vultures

If you really wanted to punish Brady you'd force him to wear clothes from Wal-Mart and make him get his hair styled at SuperCuts.

If it's true, all he was trying to do was get a better grip on the ball.

Suspending him for the Super Bowl is like the death penalty for an illegal u-turn.

I don't disagree with that. It's a small infraction that deserves a fine.

But 2014 is a bizarre year that has Goodell and the owners doing unpredictable, erratic things that have the fans and media calling for Goodell's ouster, Kraft to fire Belichick, courts overturning Goodell's sanctions, players convicted of assault playing until their teams no longer need them and a league appearing out of control. Bringing the hammer down on the league's golden boy is an easy expression of control. This feels like Paul Hornung's suspension. http://espn.go.com/classic/s/moment010417hornung-karras-betting.html

I don't disagree with that. It's a small infraction that deserves a fine.

But 2014 is a bizarre year that has Goodell and the owners doing unpredictable, erratic things that have the fans and media calling for Goodell's ouster, Kraft to fire Belichick, courts overturning Goodell's sanctions, players convicted of assault playing until their teams no longer need them and a league appearing out of control. Bringing the hammer down on the league's golden boy is an easy expression of control. This feels like Paul Hornung's suspension. http://espn.go.com/classic/s/moment010417hornung-karras-betting.html

Comparing this situation to those guys betting on NFL games is not a like-like comparison IMO. That was bad stuff.

We all laugh at how stupid this is but you do have a point. The NFL has a credibility issue and in desperate times, logic sometimes doesn't apply.

Colts fans are outraged and "are done with the NFL" unless Belichick is fired or suspended a year.

I'm trying to understand their tipping point.

-The league is found guilty of hiding the dangers of concussions and being culpable in the death and debilitation of dozens, maybe hundreds, of ex-players. That is OK, keep watching.
-Dozens of players face suspensions for PED use. That is OK, keep watching.
-Several players abuse their spouses and the NFL, initially at least, has no problem at all with it. That is OK, keep watching.
-One member of their own team is charged with rape days before their biggest game of the year. That is OK, keep watching.

-It is determined that a team used footballs that were under-inflated by 16%. THAT DOES IT! NO MORE NFL!

It just seems a little odd to draw the line right now, for that.

the colts scored seven points.
these fools cant be serious.

If Brady is to blame, he'll definitely get suspended for the Super Bowl. I hope Garoppolo is watching film and paying attention. I trust Josh and Bill to put in a good enough offense to challenge the Seattle defense.

There is NO chance that they will suspend Brady from the SB. First off, it's a infraction akin to scuffing a baseball, or putting extra curve in a hockey stick, corking a bat, etc.... They will NOT suspend BB either. He always will have plausible deniability. Unless they have "film" (no pun intended) of anyone actually manipulating the balls, they just have reasoned speculation.

HUGE fine.... yes..... Perhaps a few pick (maybe even a few high ones)...... But noone is getting suspended over this. The NFL knows that it is complicit in this (they are the ones that allow the QB's to all but sleep with the balls in the first place)....... They want points......... and high scoring. Indy forced their hand.

They'll come out with some blustry "Patriots should have done that" tokken punishments, but that is it.

LOL.........of course it was Brady

the media clowns jumping on BB now look more stupid than ever.

They're not going to suspend Brady........$25,000 fine and that's it

Comparing this situation to those guys betting on NFL games is not a like-like comparison IMO. That IS bad stuff.

We all laugh at how stupid this is but you do have a point. The NFL has a credibility issue and in desperate times, logic sometimes doesn't apply.

Fixed that for ya. No charge. ;)

anybody know brady's hand measurement? aaron rodgers? wanna see a comparison.

anybody know brady's hand measurement? aaron rodgers? wanna see a comparison.
Well, Rodgers hands are only 9.38 inches. In comparison, Garoppolo's hands are 9.25 in. Not exactly big hands. Ryan Mallet for example has 10.75 in hands.

Well, Rodgers hands are only 9.38 inches. In comparison, Garoppolo's hands are 9.25 in. Not exactly big hands. Ryan Mallet for example has 10.75 in hands.

width or length?

what about brady? rodgers said God gave him big hands. maybe rodgers have big palm. did God gave brady small hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST