PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting development on the Jimmy G front

Who would trade a 4th for Minshew? He's got 2 years left, leader-type, can be at least a game manager while you draft and develop a guy. Super cheap. Cap hit of less than $1m for next 2 years. Lets you spend your cap space on pieces around him... I am definitely warming up to the idea. Not sure if JAX will trade him now, though, or if you'll need to wait til they actually draft Lawrence.

No chance at 16-0 and 14-2 is doubtful.
They would have almost certainly been 14-2 or better, and 16-0 was definitely a possibility. The schedule was a very easy one. The Steelers and Colts were the only teams that had a realistic chance of beating that 2008 squad for any reason beyond the Patriots having a very off game.

Who would trade a 4th for Minshew? He's got 2 years left, leader-type, can be at least a game manager while you draft and develop a guy. Super cheap. Cap hit of less than $1m for next 2 years. Lets you spend your cap space on pieces around him... I am definitely warming up to the idea. Not sure if JAX will trade him now, though, or if you'll need to wait til they actually draft Lawrence.
Pop gun arm though
I’d rather take my chance with Mond or Davis

I'd be good with Minshew as long as they drafted another QB as well.

Pop gun arm though
I’d rather take my chance with Mond or Davis
The arm strength is a bit lacking but I don't worry about that as much in the NE offense. He can throw deep if he has the time and space. I really like his pocket awareness. With a good run game and good protection I think he would be a good fit.

I still cannot help thinking that with all this talk about the Pats being interested in Garoppolo that this is a misdirection. Belichick rarely shows his cards like this. There is no upside and only downside in telegraphing this. If Belichick seems so desperate to get Jimmy G, it will just allow the 49ers to drive up the price.

I wouldn't be shocked if Belichick went after Darnold or someone else selling it as he really wanted Garoppolo but the 49ers aren't playing ball and the guy he really wanted is his plan B and just testing the water just in case he cannot get Garoppolo.

In fact, I would expect that if Belichick really wanted Garoppolo, he would let it leak that he is losing interest in him and looking elsewhere to light a candle under Lynch's butt to make a deal before he loses out on the team that might give him the best compensation for Jimmy G.

I agree. I think bb is up to something with all this jimmy talk.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back