PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Inexpensive Extensions Before Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some hesitation on Folk, there was a reason he was not playing until the Pats picked him up...

Gostowski is interesting, remember the mantra, "Don't fall in love with the Veterans", not sure if that clouds my judgement on whether or not to keep him..

What they probably should do is draft another kicker in a late round to bring in some TC competition...

Some hesitation on Folk, there was a reason he was not playing until the Pats picked him up...

Gostowski is interesting, remember the mantra, "Don't fall in love with the Veterans", not sure if that clouds my judgement on whether or not to keep him..

What they probably should do is draft another kicker in a late round to bring in some TC competition...
Y'know, I really don't know what the concern over Folk was in retrospect. He seems to have been kicking well in the AAF (I think he's the record-holder there for longest FG for what that's worth.) He's a bit old but kicker is not affected by age as quickly as most positions it seems. Some of his kicks definitely made me hold my breath but he was definitely successful - 3 points is 3 points, whether its straight down the middle or leans left or right. He was 14 of 17 (with 1 blocked so not really on him), a long of 51, and 12-for-12 on XPs (which Ghost has kind of had issues with recently, or at least it feels that way).

I wouldn't be upset if they decided to cut Ghost for the ~$4m savings, sign Folk for $1m (so $3m net saved), and then maybe draft a K if the opportunity presents itself - if not, re-evaluate next year. $3m is not insignificant and I don't really think the drop-off from Ghost to Folk is really a big one, or even a drop at all...

... that said, I also wonder if things are still rooted in him picking up the "short kickoff" game which may have messed up his technique kicking FGs. If Bailey retains KO duty, can Ghost return to form on FGs?

Roberts (especially if Develin isn't coming back)

A linebacker elected Captain who plays in all three phases of the game sounds like a BB favorite.

(I just read he may seek another team in FA to get more playing time and resemble something more of a defensive starter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots