PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Incognito suspended indefinitely by Dolphins

He is a member of a strong union and his employer fired him for these offenses. Unless the union has filed a grievance we haven't heard about, they seem to be fine with his firing as well which should lead you to conclude that there is much more than a little smoke here.
There is an Olympic level leap.
You are concluding that since he was suspended yesterday and you don't know whether the union has filed a grievanace yet that they are fine with him being 'fired'.

So you agree that one case never had any evidence, and the other already does. Yep, the only evidence we know of is the voicemail, which sure sounded playful. I know that when I'm busting a co-worker's balls, I call him up and say stuff just like that.

You may not, but there are men that do. I've heard white people call their black friends the "N" word because that's the level of comfort they were both on. We have no idea the tone of the voicemail just by reading it in print. You may very well be right, and Incognito may have been using that in a harsh way. But there's not enough to go on at this point, critically thinking, to damn him for it.

Unfortunately, apparently the Dolphins don't think it was all for funsies, unless they asked the league to investigate just to spread the joy.

Much like my comment in regard to Incognito's lawyer, the Dolphins simply could be passing the buck and trying to wash their hands of this as quickly as possible.

And you can't use a few examples to prove that the truth is "usually" in the middle. Most of the time, someone is telling the truth, and someone is lying

Sure you can. I can always bring up more as well, or we can just note that you have nothing to fall back on when it comes to that stance outside of insurance claims.

And the only indication so far that there are more layers to the story is people saying, "I bet there are more layers to the story."

It's been widely reported, along with all of the other findings to the story so far. It's strange that you would believe one (the voicemail with supposed malice) and not the other.

Have fun with the Richie Incognito Defense Fund. ;)

I hate Incognito and I will be right there with you if the guy was simply being an ass. But I'll give him time for there to be something more concrete presented.

There's also that little detail that Martin got pissed and left the team which indicates that it wasn't friendly ball-busting, but he was probably just being overly-sensitive to Incognito's world-famous harmless wit.

There are plenty of people that flip out over ball busting. Those people are typically weak psychologically to begin with. Again, I'm not saying that it is ball busting, just that it could have been and we have no idea one way or another without the tenor of the call actually being available to us, as well as any other voicemails or text messages.

I'm not sure if it's been raised, but the Incognito situation really makes you appreciate what the Patriots organization (and that includes Belchick, his coaches, Brady and all the star players and role players) have accomplished.

Look around the league and you'll see scandals like the Incognito situation and major injuries suffered by a great many teams. You'll see teams that had great offseasons (on paper) like the Fins - and teams that had what most consider sub-par offseasons like the Patriots.

The Patriots even lost a key player to a murder charge.

On top of all their injuries, did they falter like the Giants, Steelers, Ravens, Texans etc?

Nope - the Patriots are 7-2

It's really pretty amazing and impressive.

You may not, but there are men that do. I've heard white people call their black friends the "N" word because that's the level of comfort they were both on. We have no idea the tone of the voicemail just by reading it in print. You may very well be right, and Incognito may have been using that in a harsh way. But there's not enough to go on at this point, critically thinking, to damn him for it.

Much like my comment in regard to Incognito's lawyer, the Dolphins simply could be passing the buck and trying to wash their hands of this as quickly as possible.

Sure you can. I can always bring up more as well, or we can just note that you have nothing to fall back on when it comes to that stance outside of insurance claims.

It's been widely reported, along with all of the other findings to the story so far. It's strange that you would believe one (the voicemail with supposed malice) and not the other.

I hate Incognito and I will be right there with you if the guy was simply being an ass. But I'll give him time for there to be something more concrete presented.

There are plenty of people that flip out over ball busting. Those people are typically weak psychologically to begin with. Again, I'm not saying that it is ball busting, just that it could have been and we have no idea one way or another without the tenor of the call actually being available to us, as well as any other voicemails or text messages.

I have more to fall back on than just insurance claims, but thanks for the not-so-subtle dig. [Mod edited].

You don't hate Incognito. You're going waaay out of your way to minimize his actions and put it on Martin being "psychologically weak." I'm half-expecting you to start a FB fan page. You won't be right there with anyone when Incognito is proven to be a nutjob; you'll pretend that you never said otherwise.

Guy leaves a voicemail like that. Target gets pissed, eventually leaves team, reports harassment, team defends player, team immediately caves when presented with evidence (most of which we haven't seen yet, but presumably supports Martin's claims) and releases player. Oh, and let's not forget Incognito's deplorable history.

But it's all just horseplay and Martin's being sensitive. All evidence points the other way, but don't let that stop you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there are many possibilities.

One though is that Martin is just weak, and Incognito is a bully so that was why he singled him out. To ignore that is to ignore things such as how Sandusky chose his vicitms and we certainly know they weren't to blame for being victimized.

That aside, I think there are some things to question from Martins actions, but we lack sufficient facts to judge them.

So the case that looks GOOD for Incognitio and BAD for Martin is the one i which Incognitio compares to Sandusky and Martin compares to his victim?

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you. I skipped so many of your posts that were about posting I may have missed ones that actually were on topic for the thread.

I'm loving this new defense tactic that says that it's Martin's fault he was harassed because he's weak.

At least it's getting easier to tell who will stand up for weaker people and who will point and laugh.

So the case that looks GOOD for Incognitio and BAD for Martin is the one i which Incognitio compares to Sandusky and Martin compares to his victim?

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you. I skipped so many of your posts that were about posting I may have missed ones that actually were on topic for the thread.
So you posted this post about posting :rolleyes:

And no, you totally botched understanding the point.

I'm loving this new defense tactic that says that it's Martin's fault he was harassed because he's weak.

At least it's getting easier to tell who will stand up for weaker people and who will point and laugh.
Who has said that?

I haven't read this whole thread, so excuse me if this is a repeat, but this punk Incognito has been booted off every team he's been on in the NFL and went low after the play was dead at Richard Seymour's knees in 2011

Roundup: Seymour fined $30K for punching Dolphins' Incognito - NFL.com

Incognito is a dirty player and a bully - good riddance to him. By 2011, Seymour's knees and back injuries were well documented. To go after his knees is inexcusable.

I hope Incognito never plays another down of professional football.

I have more to fall back on than just insurance claims, but thanks for the not-so-subtle dig, ***hole.

You don't hate Incognito. You're going waaay out of your way to minimize his actions and put it on Martin being "psychologically weak." I'm half-expecting you to start a FB fan page. You won't be right there with anyone when Incognito is proven to be a nutjob; you'll pretend that you never said otherwise.

Guy leaves a voicemail like that. Target gets pissed, eventually leaves team, reports harassment, team defends player, team immediately caves when presented with evidence (most of which we haven't seen yet, but presumably supports Martin's claims) and releases player. Oh, and let's not forget Incognito's deplorable history.

But it's all just horseplay and Martin's being sensitive. All evidence points the other way, but don't let that stop you.

The voicemail was from April and the team has said it felt they handled any issues Martin had then and he has not brought any to them since.
Evidently he walked out because he was ignored at lunch, not because of that voice mail.
Don't know if that affects your stance much, but just clarifying the facts.

I haven't read this whole thread, so excuse me if this is a repeat, but this punk Incognito has been booted off every team he's been on in the NFL and went low after the play was dead at Richard Seymour's knees in 2011

Roundup: Seymour fined $30K for punching Dolphins' Incognito - NFL.com

Incognito is a dirty player and a bully - good riddance to him. By 2011, Seymour's knees and back injuries were well documented. To go after his knees is inexcusable.

I hope Incognito never plays another down of professional football.

By all accounts I have ever seen he is among if not THE dirtiest player in the NFL. Dobler-esque.

I have more to fall back on than just insurance claims, but thanks for the not-so-subtle dig,

It wasn't a dig, so I apologize if that's the way you interpreted it. You simply tried to dispute my claim that there's usually two sides to every story and only cited your experience in insurance claims, so that's where my response came from. If you have more to fall back on, it should be listed from the outset of the debate so it can be properly critiqued.

[Mod edited].

Ad hominem style. It's pretty weak, but I've been warned by the mods for less. I'm sure shmessy is on top of it.

You don't hate Incognito.

You're right. I'm lying. I actually love the guy. :bricks:

You're going waaay out of your way to minimize his actions and put it on Martin being "psychologically weak." I'm half-expecting you to start a FB fan page.

No I'm not. I'm simply bringing up other possibilities to get you to start thinking critically. The possibilities that I've brought up haven't exactly been unheard of with regard to other issues of this nature.

You won't be right there with anyone when Incognito is proven to be a nutjob; you'll pretend that you never said otherwise.

If it's proven that way, I'll be right there calling him a scumbag just like I have the umpteen times before when he's made a filthy hit or done something to get kicked off a team.

The only evidence that we have right now is a voicemail in print with no context to it, that Martin snapped and left the team after a spat at lunch, and that Miami has turned this over to the NFL. Again, I've brought up numerous examples of other possibilities and stated that I prefer to wait until more is available before damning the guy on here. I literally have no idea what is so wrong with a little critical thinking, but it seems to be driving you up a wall. If you want a reference, I did the exact same thing in the Hernandez thread(s) before all the evidence and stories became available to me.

Where did I say that it was Martin's fault that he was harassed because he's weak to begin with? You've completely misrepresented my point of view on this and now you're throwing out a straw man. You may want to take some time and compose yourself before you send your next reply to me, it will make for a much more productive conversation on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this thread with all my heart :rocker:

Ad hominem style. It's pretty weak, but I've been warned by the mods for less. I'm sure shmessy is on top of it.

I sure was.

How 'bout a PM instead of passive aggressively *****ing about it in the thread next time?

I sure was.

How 'bout a PM instead of passive aggressively *****ing about it in the thread next time?

I was at lunch and didn't see it until about a half hour after is was posted. With the tenacity that you've been browsing this thread, I figured you had already seen it. As a mod, you probably could have crafted this response a little bit better as well. Something along the lines of, "next time just PM me instead of commenting about it in the thread". But whatever, I'll just focus on the debate at hand.

So, after this mess comes out:

Dolphins player posts a photo of an over-the-top fancy meal, stating they made a rookie pay for it.

Incognito has a sign in his locker saying "Richie Incognito hates rookies."

In the Halloween media kit, when asked who is easiest to scare, Incognito replies "Martin."

Incognito, when accused of harrassing a fellow employee, responds to the reporter with hostility, saying "bring it," acting like a bully, rather than pointing to the seriousness of the situation or stating that he won't stand for bullying or some other response.

Really not giving the Players Association much to work with.

I'm not sure what his side of the story is, but "idiot" certainly seems like one possibility.

So, after this mess comes out:

Dolphins player posts a photo of an over-the-top fancy meal, stating they made a rookie pay for it.

Incognito has a sign in his locker saying "Richie Incognito hates rookies."

In the Halloween media kit, when asked who is easiest to scare, Incognito replies "Martin."

Incognito, when accused of harrassing a fellow employee, responds to the reporter with hostility, saying "bring it," acting like a bully, rather than pointing to the seriousness of the situation or stating that he won't stand for bullying or some other response.

Really not giving the Players Association much to work with.

I'm not sure what his side of the story is, but "idiot" certainly seems like one possibility.

Except that none of those things are illegal or specifically banned in the NFL. Being a meathead is allowed.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back