PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In 2022 could we hear serious rumblings that Kraft is contemplating firing BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office
When they won 7 games straight and were the number 1 seed in the AFC including a win against the Titans.

Maybe it’s just me. I find the negativity around here to be unbearable. I feel like it ruins the board. Now we are moving into projecting negativity and discussing the result of the made up failure.
I get what you're saying and it's not like I'm not a little frustrated by where things are. That being said, I've also taken time to listen to local sports radio (98.5 specifically) so I know what the narratives out there are and where it's coming from. They've been killing him on there.

What's crazy is I'm blown away that Bill potentially caught lightning in a bottle with Jones after enduring essentially only one Brady-less season, as well as the fact he's put together a pretty good roster considering most free agents didn't see this destination as ideal with Brady gone. He's also dealt with losing a massive amount of his staff after losing McDaniels in what's essentially a critical year. So I also understand why he's leaning on people he knows/trusts.

But we're insanely lucky things fell where they did. We could have been in a multi-year drought with a bunch of below-average quarterbacks or retreads flailing at trying to make it into the playoffs. Instead, we've got a guy who looks like he's got a bright future with a fairly decent group to throw to this year. It could obviously be far worse, but "it is what it is". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Maybe it’s just me. I find the negativity around here to be unbearable. I feel like it ruins the board. Now we are moving into projecting negativity and discussing the result of the made up failure.
Being negative to be negative is no fun but if there's a point I'm fine with it. So many threads are just pointless though. I don't need rainbows and sunshine but at least throw some substance in there.

what is it you don’t like about BB’s schtick ?
I knew someone would want an explanation on this which I don't mind.

I don't like his mumbling press conferences over the years.
Never a fan of hiding draft picks from being introduced to media/fans like most teams - they've gotten better at this over the years.
Draft picks wearing numbers in the 50's - I can't remember what they used to do with the draft picks.
Secrecy gets over the top.
Media asks a question they know Bill knows the answer to, but says stuff like "I don't know".

At one point they had the best record in the AFC at 9-4. Because of their remaining schedule, I believed they had a very good shot of getting the #1 seed. They proved me wrong.
*shivers*
Unless the Pats have anything to say about it, the Chiefs are the team that will be in their way. I think the Bengals are a one year wonder, but will be a contending playoff team. Bills need a better ground game. It's mid boggling why they refuse to upgrade that position. Their D can get pushed around and they are lacking a star player in the front 7. Von Miller was a nice addition. Like the Pats, D is overrated despite where they ranked statistically.

I knew someone would want an explanation on this which I don't mind.

I don't like his mumbling press conferences over the years.
Never a fan of hiding draft picks from being introduced to media/fans like most teams - they've gotten better at this over the years.
Draft picks wearing numbers in the 50's - I can't remember what they used to do with the draft picks.
Secrecy gets over the top.
Media asks a question they know Bill knows the answer to, but says stuff like "I don't know".
See I find this fascinating bc I've never spent a minute caring if Sony Michel is wearing 50 or 28. Or how he messes with the media.

I have my complaints but they're on the field. In game decisions, draft picks. Stuff like that but the good has been so much better than the bad. And yea obviously Brady was here. I just don't get how the above could really bother someone but to each their own.

*edit*
I should have mentioned this earlier but every coach has a "schtick" and Bill is actually legendary at his. Like I'd much rather to Bill burp & fart compared to Mike McCarthy look clueless for years. Who likes listening to the Harbaughs? All these guys are nuts.

Last edited:
At one point they had the best record in the AFC at 9-4. Because of their remaining schedule, I believed they had a very good shot of getting the #1 seed. They proved me wrong.

Unless the Pats have anything to say about it, the Chiefs are the team that will be in their way. I think the Bengals are a one year wonder, but will be a contending playoff team. Bills need a better ground game. It's mid boggling why they refuse to upgrade that position. Their D can get pushed around and they are lacking a star player in the front 7. Von Miller was a nice addition. Like the Pats, D is overrated despite where they ranked statistically.

They did draft Dalvin Cooks brother in the 2nd round.

Is this premise from the ramblings of Bertram or Felger??

Kraft will never fire BB, he knows that what he has done here is unparalleled in NFL history and may never be repeated again, and how he has made this whole franchise is what it is today($$$$$$). If anything Kraft could move him to the front office to be in charge of player development or some other similar post, but BB will never be fired by him.

Edelman coming back is just a pipedream, last I heard and #11 reported was that his knees were bone on bone, that does not bode well for any receiver.

I still saw the Pats as 1 and done. The defense just got worse as the season went on.
Unless the Pats have anything to say about it, the Chiefs are the team that will be in their way.

Mahomes has never won anything without Hill. Hill is like Welker, Edelman, Branch to Brady. Mahomes and Hill think alike and dont even need to talk. The final KC play of the 2020 AFCC was Mahomes forcing the ball to a double covered Hill on an INT.

The Chiefs look more powerful with the WRs theyve added, but losing Hill will loom large IMO. KC is much easier to defend. Also, the AFCW is a snake pit. Every other team improved in at least 1 area. The Chargers are a serious threat to KC.
I think the Bengals are a one year wonder, but will be a contending playoff team.

I agree.

Last year was a magical season.
Bills need a better ground game. It's mid boggling why they refuse to upgrade that position. Their D can get pushed around and they are lacking a star player in the front 7. Von Miller was a nice addition. Like the Pats, D is overrated despite where they ranked statistically.
Josh Allen can pass them out of any hole they fall into.

I get what you're saying and it's not like I'm not a little frustrated by where things are. That being said, I've also taken time to listen to local sports radio (98.5 specifically) so I know what the narratives out there are and where it's coming from. They've been killing him on there.

What's crazy is I'm blown away that Bill potentially caught lightning in a bottle with Jones after enduring essentially only one Brady-less season, as well as the fact he's put together a pretty good roster considering most free agents didn't see this destination as ideal with Brady gone. He's also dealt with losing a massive amount of his staff after losing McDaniels in what's essentially a critical year. So I also understand why he's leaning on people he knows/trusts.

But we're insanely lucky things fell where they did. We could have been in a multi-year drought with a bunch of below-average quarterbacks or retreads flailing at trying to make it into the playoffs. Instead, we've got a guy who looks like he's got a bright future with a fairly decent group to throw to this year. It could obviously be far worse, but "it is what it is". :rolleyes:
I’m not sure being like sports talk radio is a good goal.
This team had the greatest run in the history of the sport. It had a one year reset with a Leg-armed QB because absolutely no one was available/could ne afforded and was right back in the playoffs, and 3/4s of the way through the season was in 1 seed position. With a rookie QB. The 5th qb taken in that draft.
Yet so many of the people posting here are almost hoping for failure.

Is this premise from the ramblings of Bertram or Felger??

Kraft will never fire BB, he knows that what he has done here is unparalleled in NFL history and may never be repeated again, and how he has made this whole franchise is what it is today($$$$$$). If anything Kraft could move him to the front office to be in charge of player development or some other similar post, but BB will never be fired by him.

Edelman coming back is just a pipedream, last I heard and #11 reported was that his knees were bone on bone, that does not bode well for any receiver.

If Belichick ever gets fired, there will be 31 other teams lining up to get him...

Wouldn't go that far.

I was exaggerating, but there will be at least a dozen teams interested. Some will be willing to fire their current head coach in the middle of a contract just to get him. Bill is the single greatest football mind in the history of the NFL.

I was exaggerating, but there will be at least a dozen teams interested. Some will be willing to fire their current head coach in the middle of a contract just to get him. Bill is the single greatest football mind in the history of the NFL.
Not sure if there would be a dozen. Lots of teams are already set at coach like the Super Bowl champs, Bills, Chiefs, Raiders who just hired Josh, and some have young coaches who they'd probably want to stick with. BB is also 70 years old.

I think there would only be one team where BB would want to go and it's not hard to figure out which one.

Anyway Bill isn't getting fired. :)

Not sure if there would be a dozen. Lots of teams are already set at coach like the Super Bowl champs, Bills, Chiefs, Raiders who just hired Josh, and some have young coaches who they'd probably want to stick with. BB is also 70 years old.

I think there would only be one team where BB would want to go and it's not hard to figure out which one.

The Browns?

I agree Bill isn't getting fired unless there is another major cheating scandal. So this thread by the OP is pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes