PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm rooting for Jacoby

My father is in his 70s, he swears the 76 team was one of the best teams in patriots history. I did some research and watched some film on the 76 patriots. Their record that year very impressive. Going into Pittsburgh and winning, blowing out the 13-1 Oakland raiders...pats had a great rushing attack that year. No doubt they would have knocked off Minnesota in the super bowl if they didn't get robbed on the sugar bear Hamilton call
[/QUOTE]
Grogan was awesome and both the 76 and 78 teams were awesome. They ran the Perkins Erhart Offense which is the pre-cursor to what they run today. 76 was better than the 2001 team for sure.

I'm in my 30s, more than old enough to remember the entire 2001 season. Started watching every patriots game from 93 onward.

If you think jacoby Brissett is better than a 2001 tom brady, then you can live on fantasy island. I won't bother you.

It's quite clear..2001 brady > 2017 jacoby. Better Accuracy, better leader, far better mechanics, much better decision maker, more clutch, better stats, better production

It's one game into the season, Einstein. Brissett is 2/3 for 68 yards. Brady was N/A at this point in his 2nd year. Their rookie seasons is no comparison either. Brissett helped beat a future playoff team 27-0 and then went out there with a broken thumb on his throwing hand the next game because they had no one else. The entire team respected the hell out of him for that. Brady went 1-3 in mop up duty in a loss to Detroit.

As I mentioned 99.6% from here on out the comparison goes far in Brady's favor, but you obviously have difficulty understanding the English language.

Enjoy your mom's basement.

Last edited:
It's one game into the season, Einstein. Brissett is 2/3 for 68 yards. Brady was N/A at this point in his 2nd year. Their rookie seasons is no comparison either. Brissett helped beat a future playoff team 27-0 and then went out there with a broken thumb on his throwing hand the next game because they had no one else. The entire team respected the hell out of him for that. Brady went 1-3 in mop up duty in a loss to Detroit.

As I mentioned 99.6% from here on out the comparison goes far in Brady's favor, but you obviously have difficulty understanding the English language.

Enjoy your mom's basement.

Ahh look what we have here....a brissett apologist. Anyone whose seen the Texans game knows the defense and special teams won us that game. Just look at jacobys stat line.

I have a good job and make more than enough money to support myself and a family, but thanks for playing. You still haven't answered my question. What do you do for work Mr. Smug?

Ahh look what we have here....a brissett apologist. Anyone whose seen the Texans game knows the defense and special teams won us that game. Just look at jacobys stat line.

I have a good job and make more than enough money to support myself and a family, but thanks for playing. You still haven't answered my question. What do you do for work Mr. Smug?

Unbelievable. That was Week 3 of his rookie season. On national TV. Keeping it all together, what he did was excellent that night for someone who barely had set foot in New England 3.5 months earlier. The kid barely knew the playbook and had never played or practices with the first stringers until that week. Brady never did anything close to that in his rookie season. Im not sure even he could have that soon.

"Brissett apologist"? Ok, you are just a weird person. It's not as if the kid is a criminal.

In the meantime, have daddy tell you about the 2001 season. It was amazing!

Last edited:
He would not need to be the next Brady to beat out Luck, especially if Luck has injury issues. I think he was only making the comparison because of @rochrist the clueless one.

Good comparison

Brady showed up and Bledsoe was down the road.

If you think Jacoby can really create a QB controversy for Lucks job then the Patriots would of made the worst trade of Belichicks career, Brissett is signed for cheap backup and that's it.

Some really deluded people here, Brissett couldn't score a point against Buffalo and now he's taking 27 year old QBs on $25m a year job :D:D

Brissett is the Tolzien replacement, the Colts hope he never sees the field in 2018/2019.

By the way, of Brissett if is going to start for the Colts (a truly crap team) with only several days to learn the playbook, he is truly being set up for disaster. That is as impossible a situation to be thrown into. It's not fair for the kid. Give him at least one full training camp with the first or second stringers to at least learn the route tree.

Brissett went from Heaven to Hell with that trade in terms of his QB development.

If you think Jacoby can really create a QB controversy for Lucks job then the Patriots would of made the worst trade of Belichicks career, Brissett is signed for cheap backup and that's it.

Some really deluded people here, Brissett couldn't score a point against Buffalo and now he's taking 27 year old QBs on $25m a year job :D:D

Brissett is the Tolzien replacement, the Colts hope he never sees the field in 2018/2019.

1) agreed about Luck not losing that job. Delusional to think anything other than injury does that

2) Against Buffalo, Brissett played without the use of his throwing hand thumb. There's no way he should have been out there other than they didn't want to play Edelman at QB. Any judgements of his play that day as a measuring stick is silly.

By the way, of Brissett if is going to start for the Colts (a truly crap team) with only several days to learn the playbook, he is truly being set up for disaster. That is as impossible a situation to be thrown into. It's not fair for the kid. Give him at least one full training camp with the first or second stringers to at least learn the route tree.

Brissett went from Heaven to Hell with that trade in terms of his QB development.

Yeah cause the Patriots really developed Cassel, Mallett, Hoyer, O'Connell, Robinson

Still no proof Garoppolo is legitimate good starting QB either, Tom Brady is the only proven good quarterback that's been developed.

Nobody has proven anything with QB development outside of Brady and that's also been proven with the Patriots coaches who have left, Bill O'Brien is great without Tom Brady you see him shred the Jags at the weekend, you see him develop all these quarterbacks? " Fitzpatrick is my starter" , no it's Mallett, no it's Yates, no it's Keenum, No it's Savage, no it's Osweiler, no it's Savage again, now it's Deshaun Watson.

McDaniels was great with Orton and Tebow, the NFL couldn't handle the juggernaut.

Yeah cause the Patriots really developed Cassel, Mallett, Hoyer, O'Connell, Robinson

Still no proof Garoppolo is legitimate good starting QB either, Tom Brady is the only proven good quarterback that's been developed.

What does Cassel, Mallet, Hoyer, etc have to do with Brissett?

I have no idea if Brissett ever makes it in the NFL. Time will tell.

But Brady should not have been dismissed out of hand because of Hugh Millen or Michael Bishop.

Brissett had one full season with the Pats. It would have been interesting to see where he would have been by his 3rd or 4th year in the system.

Long term, I hope Phillip Dorset is worth it.

What does Cassel, Mallet, Hoyer, etc have to do with Brissett?

I have no idea if Brissett ever makes it in the NFL. Time will tell.

But Brady should not have been dismissed out of hand because of Hugh Millen or Michael Bishop.

You said New England was heaven for QB development, i was saying there's no proof anything outside of Brady has ever been developed by this coaching staff while here in New England or those who have left for other jobs in the NFL.

You said New England was heaven for QB development, i was saying there's no proof anything outside of Brady has ever been developed by this coaching staff while here in New England or one's who have left for other jobs.

Compared to the burning fires of hell into which he has been thrown, Scottish.

Unfortunately, the situation he's in now is a breeding ground for the beginning of a high school coaching career.

Look out for that play where they keep Brissett and the center all alone in the middle of the field while the rest of the team goes to the sideline to block the other team's water boy.

Last edited:
Compared to the burning fires of hell into which he has been thrown, Scottish.

Yeah that's just a short term thing he'll have a hard few weeks, long term it's actually better for him cause he only has to beat out Tolzien for a backup job instead of Jimmy or a similar level QB elsewhere.

Yeah that's just a short term thing he'll have a hard few weeks, long term it's actually better for him cause he only has to beat out Tolzien for a backup job instead of Jimmy or a similar level QB elsewhere.

As long as Pagano and Irsay are there, that is a bad long-term situation. That franchise is in disarray.

Too bad Deshaun Watson looks good, because the Texans would be a far better situation for Brissett.

In the meantime, have daddy tell you about the 2001 season. It was amazing!

giphy.gif

Definitely the worst thing that could happen to this guy's career.

He'll be fine. Brisett has great physical tools and first-rate character. At a bare minimum, he'll be great for the locker room

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back