PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm rooting for Jacoby

So Tom Brady who came into the Jets game after Bledsoe got hurt in 2001 was light years ahead of the 2017 Brissett ? The same Brady who threw for under 200 yards in his first career start vs the Colts ? I would say that the talent gap wasn't that big at the parallel point in their careers.

The tom brady of 2001 who threw for 364 yards against San Diego was a far better QB than jacoby is right now. Much better accuracy

The Colts made Andrew Luck the highest paid player in the League just last year (granted he is no longer the highest paid player). The only QB controversy the Colts will have if Brissett plays well is the same one the Pats had this offseason - whether to trade him for a high round pick or keep him for insurance for Luck.

I would hate to see Jacoby play well and the Colts get a first or second rounder for him and potentially c-block the Pats from trading Garoppolo next offseason if that is the way it goes.

I like Brissett and hope him all the best, but if he shows he can be a starter in this League it will most likely be only positives for the Colts because they will trade him for value.

The tom brady of 2001 who threw for 364 yards against San Diego was a far better QB than jacoby is right now. Much better accuracy

What a pathetically disingenuous post.

That was over 100 yards more than any of the other 14 games he played in that regular season. He averaged 189 yds per game passing that season.

So you picked out the best game of his 15 that regular season.

How's that cherry you picked?

C'mon kiddo, there are hundreds of posters on this website who were actually here that year. Perhaps you can get away with that on the Globe's comments section.......

Last edited:
What a pathetically disingenuous post.

That was over 100 yards more than any of the other 14 games he played in that regular season. He averaged 189 yds per game passing that season.

So you picked out the best game of his 15 that regular season.

How's that cherry you picked?

C'mon kiddo, there are hundreds of posters on this website who were actually here that year. Perhaps you can get away with that on the Globe's comments section.......

I'm in my 30s, more than old enough to remember the entire 2001 season. Started watching every patriots game from 93 onward.

If you think jacoby Brissett is better than a 2001 tom brady, then you can live on fantasy island. I won't bother you.

It's quite clear..2001 brady > 2017 jacoby. Better Accuracy, better leader, far better mechanics, much better decision maker, more clutch, better stats, better production

Last edited:
This is an awful thread. jacoby is a colt. Dorsett is a patriot. How about "I'm rooting for Phillip Dorsett thread?"

Kind of pathetic some posters believe 2017 jacoby is on the same level as an 01 brady. It's not even close.

Last edited:
I get the feeling many, many posters here became Pats fans midway through the 2007 season.

What are you an elitist or something? I would love to find out what you do for work and your age. You come across as insecure and judgemental. And you don't know as much as you think you do. I think you would be surprised by how many patsfans posters started watching the team well before 2007. The 90s was filled with some very exciting moments in patriots history. The regular season games 94 vs Minn and 96 Jax were two of the most exciting games I have seen to this day. Not to mention going to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years from 94-98

Last edited:
Seemed like a nice enough guy from what I've read and I'm grateful that he helped win 2 of the 3 games he played for the Pats. But I can't imagine spending too much time thinking about him going forward.

Last edited:
and potentially c-block the Pats from trading Garoppolo next offseason if that is the way it goes.

just curious, how would Jacoby doing well "c-block" the Pats from trading Jimmy? Just someone else out there to trade for and bring the price down? or the franchise tag cost for JAG and the rookie deal for Jacoby?

What are you an elitist or something? I would love to find out what you do for work and your age. You come across as insecure and judgemental. And you don't know as much as you think you do. I think you would be surprised by how many patsfans posters started watching the team well before 2007. The 90s was filled with some very exciting moments in patriots history. The regular season games 94 vs Minn and 96 Jax were two of the most exciting games I have seen to this day. Not to mention going to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years from 94-98
who the hell are you talking about?

The mid to late 70s were better...

just curious, how would Jacoby doing well "c-block" the Pats from trading Jimmy? Just someone else out there to trade for and bring the price down? or the franchise tag cost for JAG and the rookie deal for Jacoby?

A team looking for a QB can get Brissett on his rookie deal for another two years while have to pay Garoppolo likely good starter money. The team may opt for Brissett who already has more starting experience.

No guarantees it will happen, but it could.

I get the feeling many, many posters here became Pats fans midway through the 2007 season.

Jacoby had a better rookie season.

And he had a better opening game of his 2nd year, too.

Sorry Ro, but you'll lose credibility if you're going to claim you knew Tom Brady was going to be Tom Brady after Bledsoe and the Pats dropped the opener to the Bengals in 2001.

At THIS point in their careers, Advantage Brissett.

99.6% chance the rest of the way the comparison goes in the other direction.

Don't be an idiot. I didn't say that, or anything like that. But seriously? Advantage Brissett? He had one 50 yard bomb yesterday. After that, he was he completed one pass for one yard. And because he was thrust into a starting role in the his rookie season because TWO QBs ahead of him does not indicate 'advantage Brissett'. It indicates that he was the third QB on the depth chart, starting on an emergency basis and running a high school offense.

@rochrist
giphy.gif
You're 10, right?

The mid to late 70s were better...[/QUOTE

My father is in his 70s, he swears the 76 team was one of the best teams in patriots history. I did some research and watched some film on the 76 patriots. Their record that year very impressive. Going into Pittsburgh and winning, blowing out the 13-1 Oakland raiders...pats had a great rushing attack that year. No doubt they would have knocked off Minnesota in the super bowl if they didn't get robbed on the sugar bear Hamilton call[/QUOTE]

Right. Because Jacoby is JUST the same as young Tom Brady. Sheesh. The only parallel that matters is talent. Jacoby hasn't got enough of it.
I wondering if you have a reading comprehension issue. It plainly states above, I'm not comparing Brissett to Brady. But I guess you conveniently missed that part ?

Yes, the same Tom Brady who went 12-24 and 86 yards passing (total) the game before that San Diego game (30-10 losss to Miami). We can throw stats around like crazy and ignore other stats. But I think we can agree that the 2001 Tom Brady wasn't nearly as good as he is now, or even as good as he was in 2002 and 2003. To say there is a MASSIVE gap between 2nd year Tom Brady and 2nd year Jacoby Brissett before his 2nd NFL start is complete and utter ********.

Brady threw almost 1/4 of his TD passes in that San Diego game. And it was his only 300 yard game all year. Let's not be naive enough to say Brady was a god in the 2001 regular season. Because he wasn't. He was a great game manager who limited mistakes. And had a good Super Bowl until that last drive where he became Tom ****ing Brady, a clutch 24 year old who is still clutch, the clutchest all time. But there were no indications that his 1st season would be the start of a legend.

I wondering if you have a reading comprehension issue. It plainly states above, I'm not comparing Brissett to Brady. But I guess you conveniently missed that part ?
By saying 'the situations are similar' you certainly are comparing him, your disclaimer aside.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back