PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you had to redo the 2021 draft...

For QBs: Lawrence, Mac, Fields, Wilson, Lance.

Wilson hadn't played against quality teams and it shows. Lance is intriguing, sure, but he wasn't nearly ready.
I agree with your rankings. I think it is obvious that Lawrence (based on his play at Clemson) and Mac were the most pro-ready QBs, and that is a big deal because there is nothing more valuable in the NFL than an effective starting QB on his rookie deal, it leaves lots of $$ to spend at other positions. It is the way Seattle got so good so fast with Russell Wilson.

Fields might be successful too in the right system, although it remains to be seen if that is Chicago. The NFL currently has two starting QBs that are such phenomenal athletes that they could be pro-bowl starters at other positions: The Raven's Lamar Jackson and the Eagle's Jalen Hurts. I think that Fields may be a little similar to Jalen Hurts (I know they are different, but let me go with this for a moment). In the case of Hurts, he has sky-high maturity and intangibles, is a fanatical worker, looks like he is sculpted out of granite, and is faster and a better runner than most running backs. His passing has improved (but he is no Mac Jones or Tom Brady), but he didn't really start playing really well for the Eagles until they went to a college based RPO system (the Ravens have done something related with Jackson). Fields is probably a better passer than Hurts, and probably does not have quite the same intangibles or running ability, but he is a similar athletic marvel. If Hurts and Jackson can be successful in the right system, I don't see why Fields can't.

As far as Wilson and Lance, I think it remains to be seen if they will succeed or not.

San Fran passes on Brady for camazi in 2000!

San Fran passes on Jones for lance in 2021!

this is why San Fran fans consume more alcohol than any other fan base not based in New York!

When Brady became a free agent, they passed on Brady again for Garoppolo.

In fairness if you subtract Nancy pelosi they only rank 20th in alcohol consumption :haha:
All these years and you are still an azzhole .... what a waste of finding happiness in one's life. Bound by a list for negativity ... is sad Andy... wake up ...look for positives in one's life ... enjoy what you have been granted by God ... I learned this ... and never going back .... not a derogatory comment ... just hopefully a helpful one ..

First overall pick? Mac Jones
2nd over all pick ? Christian Barmore
3rd overall pick? Rhamondre Stevenson
4th overall pick? Cameron McGrone (upside pick)

I think you get the picture heh ...

If Mac were picked 1 or 2, he should have held out until he was traded or go back into the draft this year.

There is always the risk of career ending injuries..

All these years and you are still an azzhole .... what a waste of finding happiness in one's life. Bound by a list for negativity ... is sad Andy... wake up ...look for positives in one's life ... enjoy what you have been granted by God ... I learned this ... and never going back .... not a derogatory comment ... just hopefully a helpful one ..
All these years and you still have a stick up your @ss and no sense of humor.

I've always said the middle of the first round is the best place for a QB to be drafted. If someone drafts you that high, they obviously need a QB, but you aren't going to the usual ****shows who consistently populate the top-5/top-10 picks in the draft. I certainly think Jones is very talented, but he is also benefitting from being in a very good situation.

If Mac was #1 he probably would not have flourished in Jax, Trevor Lawrence is struggling under the influence of Urban Meyer..

Meanwhile surrounded by excellent, consistent coaching Mac has done A+..

Exactly. I think if Mac went to another team, he would be struggling. It is all about coaching.

If Mac was #1 he probably would not have flourished in Jax, Trevor Lawrence is struggling under the influence of Urban Meyer..

Meanwhile surrounded by excellent, consistent coaching Mac has done A+..
whats even worse... the jags had a chance to get rid of meyer, and they didnt... hes more interested in sticking his... thumb... in college coeds than he is in being a coach in the NFL... terrible hire... the Jags need to get rid of him asap. Bring in someone, anyone else who will put in the work to properly develop lawrence

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back