PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Wolf picks Daniels and he busts, then JJ becomes a star…

1st Choice for QB: Drake Maye. 2nd Choice for QB: J.J. McCarthy. Jayden Daniels will set this team back at least a decade if they draft him (and that's best case scenario). If Maye is gone by the time we draft at #3 and we can trade back and still get McCarthy (although that might prove problematic), I'm all for it.

1st Choice for QB: Drake Maye. 2nd Choice for QB: J.J. McCarthy. Jayden Daniels will set this team back at least a decade if they draft him (and that's best case scenario). If Maye is gone by the time we draft at #3 and we can trade back and still get McCarthy (although that might prove problematic), I'm all for it.
Not so sure that JJ isn’t the better choice vs Maye.

1st Choice for QB: Drake Maye. 2nd Choice for QB: J.J. McCarthy. Jayden Daniels will set this team back at least a decade if they draft him (and that's best case scenario).
The Jayden Daniels comment makes no sense. Last year, they were 4-13. How does he set them back further for a decade. If he is terrible and makes them worse, they just draft a new QB in the top 2 in 3-4 years. If that guys busts, they are simply stuck in neutral another 3-4 years- which still doesn’t get us to a decade.

He might bust- sure. But this setting the Pats back a decade is just over the top hyperbole. Even if he is terrible he keeps them where they are.

Whether they get this pick right or wrong, they are a minimum of 2-3 years of talent acquisition away from being a truly competitive team.

If JJ becomes a star elsewhere there's also no guarantee it would have happened in NE...

I don't like JJ at #3 overall... but I wonder if the Patriots can exit the draft with both JJ and MHJ. I wouldn't mind if they did...

I don't like JJ at #3 overall... but I wonder if the Patriots can exit the draft with both JJ and MHJ. I wouldn't mind if they did...
I would like a qb at 3 and adonai mitchell in the 25-28 range oder gyuton for the LT spot

For me, it's Maye or trade back. Daniels will be a horrible decision. That completely meaningless "Win" in Denver (and possibly against Pittsburgh) was a big hit to us in this draft, because now we're dependent upon what Washington does.

This! this is why I am so scared for next week. If the PATS don't get it right...how far does it set us back?? Do they "take the bag"? fix other problems and take a lower tier guy?? and 1-4 all hit?? we just don't know..

This! this is why I am so scared for next week. If the PATS don't get it right...how far does it set us back?? Do they "take the bag"? fix other problems and take a lower tier guy?? and 1-4 all hit?? we just don't know..

You need to be comfortable with the high likelihood whichever QB the Patriots draft will be mid tier or worse. Not because I’m being negative but look at the statistics. Most of the early QB draft picks don’t work out.

Jay Stew said that Pats front office is split on 3 players:

Wolf and Mayo wants JJ

Kraft wants Daniels

AVP and McAdoo wants Maye

I'd go with McAdoo
I was thinking I would go with AVP because he has to have a better feel for which QB would work best in the scheme he would like to run. Turns out same guy, I just hope Washington cooperates and JD's agent STFU.

Jay Stew said that Pats front office is split on 3 players:

Wolf and Mayo wants JJ

Kraft wants Daniels

AVP and McAdoo wants Maye
I want nothing to do with Daniels. the NYJ and PIT wins are what they are, but there was no ****ing reason to win the BUF and DEN games at the last second. lose one of those and they wouldn’t have to wait and see what WAS does. it pisses me off that WAS blatantly tanked after beating NE. if WAS takes Maye, I hope they listen to Wolf and Mayo if they decide to stay at #3

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back