PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If We Pick At 15

1) trade for Jimmy
2) trade for someone else
3) trade down and draft one of the 2nd tier QB's late in the first (probably Mills)
I’m starting to lean more on the idea of taking a great position player at #15, then go after a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, Mills would make the most sense.

I think it’s known to long time posters here but I’m sure there are newer fans who wouldn’t know it.
Ok:

Belichick was asked about Casserly's report that Tom Brady was playing through three broken ribs. “Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? His percentage is like a meteorologist,” Belichick said. ... But, like he usually is, he was 100 percent wrong.”Jan 4, 2010

I’m starting to lean more on the idea of taking a great position player at #15, then go after a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, Mills would make the most sense.
This would make sense if we knew that the 2nd tier QB that Belichick wants would be available when we pick in the 2nd.

If Belichick truly thinks that one of the 2nd tier quarterbacks is likely to be our future starter, then he should be drafted late in the first in order to have the extra year. Obviously, this also makes sure that we get who Bill wants.

Last edited:
Ok:

Belichick was asked about Casserly's report that Tom Brady was playing through three broken ribs. “Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? His percentage is like a meteorologist,” Belichick said. ... But, like he usually is, he was 100 percent wrong.”Jan 4, 2010

i wasn’t giving you sh.t, I was simply saying that there a lot of younger fans who wouldn’t have known about that quote.

Lots of talk about Jaycee Horn......
a fine choice; I have him gone.

I wouldn't be surprised if we attempted to move up a couple of spots to get him. Surtain to DAL at 10; and then we'll see.

MY LIST OF PLAYERS GONE IF WE PICK AT 15
5 QB's
1 TE - Pitts
2 OT - Slater, Sewell
3 WR - Chase, Smith, Waddle
2 CB - Surtain, Horn
1 LB - Parsons
==================
Almost every media board has us picking one of the players above, or trading down. I guess that we would lucky to get any of these 14.
I think Darrisaw and Rousseau go Top 14. Parsons and Lance do not.

I think Darrisaw and Rousseau go Top 14. Parsons and Lance do not.

after watching rousseau’s pro day and how stiff he is, I would not be surprised if he fell to the second round.

darrisaw is the real deal. The vikings should be praying darrisaw makes it to them and they should jump all over him!

For some reason, I have a feeling Alabama DT Christian Barmore is going to be the Pat’s pick at 15.

Trade the first into next year.
Package next years 2 1s to draft a QB.
Accept another lost season with garbage at the most important position.
Unless we can also trade for Garopollo, Mariota or any of the 50 QBs that are better than newton.
So if Newton has a good year as the Pats starter, will you be happy or disappointed?
I would be SHOCKED!!!

As the draft nears (in 4 days) I am getting feeling that BillB won't trade up for a QB. Instead, they probably stay put or move down.

I just saw some film on

Kadarius Toney​

impressive. He is slot and outside WR with speed and very shifty. 2nd round?

2cents - Kellen Mond or Kyle Trask.

As the draft nears (in 4 days) I am getting feeling that BillB won't trade up for a QB. Instead, they probably stay put or move down.

I just saw some film on

Kadarius Toney​

impressive. He is slot and outside WR with speed and very shifty. 2nd round?

2cents - Kellen Mond or Kyle Trask.

I think bb trades down (if the qb’s and receivers are off the board by 15.) with either Chicago or the Titans.

if he goes offense, he will take one of the best slot receivers on the board, Moore of ole miss or toney of Florida.

if he goes defense then one of barmore or Collins or newsome or moerig! It depends on what level he wants to add!

MY LIST OF PLAYERS GONE IF WE PICK AT 15
5 QB's
1 TE - Pitts
2 OT - Slater, Sewell
3 WR - Chase, Smith, Waddle
2 CB - Surtain, Horn
1 LB - Parsons
==================
Almost every media board has us picking one of the players above, or trading down. I guess that we would lucky to get any of these 14.

From that list I'm hoping either Parsons or Surtain fall to us but it's extremely unlikely. A lot of the other prospects who could go right around 15 are on the one hand intriguing and on the other not a sure thing to me. Paye, Darrisaw......If neither of them make it to us at 15 I really think the value is trade back to the 20's and you're getting the same level of player. There are a bunch of OL needy teams so hopefully somebody reaches on Darrisaw, Tucker or Jenkins and one of those two fall to us. Between that and all these QBs I'm holding out hope on getting a blue chipper.

I agree. I think it's BPA at 15. Parsons/Horn/Surtain/Waddle/Paye. I think Mills, Mond and Trask are all there at 46.

Draft chart says 15 + next years 1 plus 2 4ths gets the patriots the #4 from Atlanta according to Breer. This would be a no brainer.

**** that deal.

This is the Worst. Year. EVER. to evaluate college QBs, and you want to throw away the future for one of these Non-Lawrences?

I am calling NO TEAMS while there are still two QBs available.

I think bb trades down (if the QBs and receivers are off the board by 15) with either Chicago or the Titans.

if he goes offense, he will take one of the best slot receivers on the board, Moore of ole miss or toney of Florida.

if he goes defense then one of barmore or Collins or newsome or moerig! It depends on what level he wants to add!

Washington's a good partner too if Bill wants to trade down...

Newsome's not worth #15 but if Bill trades down then his value better matches our eventual 1st-round position...

And please repeat after me: NO MORE ****ING SAFETIES!!!

Last edited:
This would make sense if we knew that the 2nd tier QB that Belichick wants would be available when we pick in the 2nd.

If Belichick truly thinks that one of the 2nd tier quarterbacks is likely to be our future starter, then he should be drafted late in the first in order to have the extra year. Obviously, this also makes sure that we get who Bill wants.

I think this is a valid point. We target 30-32 and trade up using 46+. It makes no difference if ESPN or the fantasy football guys claim it is a reach or if we overpay. We have 10 picks. Use them. That 5th year option on a potential starting QB is massive.

**** that deal.

This is the Worst. Year. EVER. to evaluate college QBs, and you want to throw away the future for one of these Non-Lawrences?

I am calling NO TEAMS while there are still two QBs available.
We need a QB. We aren’t winning without one. Everything is a risk. Taking no risk will have us sitting on the worst QB room in the nfl wallowing in mediocrity, patting ourselves on the back about keeping picks that can win because if the QB

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back