PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If We Pick At 15

Once again you keep saying this like it is 100% fact despite being given examples where it crap. No I do not agree that only championship caliber QBs win rings, Dilfer, the 2015 corpse of Payton Manning, Eli, Namath, Thiesmann, Jeff Hostleter (I had to go google that one) Need I continue? Now is that the BEST way to win a ring? Hell no it’s a shot in the dark you need everything to go right you better have one hell of a defense way but it is POSSIBLE And a better chance then giving up 2-3 first round picks for a 50/50 shot at a franchise QB.

dont forget nick foles!

The manufactured drama and half-baked conspiracy theories and outrageously bad takes are part of the game. And the game works.

It does not work for me and the reason why I listen so much less than I used to.. when I lived in Maine in the early 200o's, couldn't wait until I got back to RI to listen to Sportstalk, esp. Pats stuff, but now I try to avoid most of it.

If Newton plays the entire season, fans will be irate and Kraft will lose fans.
If Krafty Bob did what fans wanted, a certain aging QB would still be here.

You are still avoiding the question. Cam has the acceptable not great season I laid out. Yes or no are you happy?

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”​

― Mark Twain

Why don't you name the people who wanted to keep JG and let Brady go. If there's so many of them it should be easy.
Get Ian or the mods to unlock all those threads and i’m More than happy to have the discussion. I know where I stood and I know that many of those ****ting on Belichick now we’re sh.tting on him then, and if you don’t think that contingent exists then you’re blind, So go ahead and get the threads from after the KC game in 2014, and those surrounding the Garrapolo trade unlocked, I’m more than will to go over it for everyone to see.

So now a WR is a very viable option if we stay put at 15 and the top QBs are all off the board.

I think this could be a realistic scenario of whos available when we pick at #15 (if we dont trade)

I think I'd have to go with Paye or Darrisaw

1618265619060.png

So now a WR is a very viable option if we stay put at 15 and the top QBs are all off the board.
sure, once we extend Gilmore and Jackson

and pick up Wynn's option
===========
even then an ILB may be a better option

sure, once we extend Gilmore and Jackson

and pick up Wynn's option
===========
even then an ILB may be a better option

i am still thinking that bb wants to extend Gilmore.

but I am still thinking Gilmore is pricing himself out of town,

If Krafty Bob did what fans wanted, a certain aging QB would still be here.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”​

― Mark Twain

I don’t think Andy is an idiot. A stubborn, fight picking grammar nazi, who enjoys twisting your words sure but when you can get him to stay on topic and talk X’s and O’s He knows football at a high level and has some interesting ideas.

Trading down OR out of the 1st round. Seen this movie before....16 thru 64 just about equivalent in talent

Trading down OR out of the 1st round. Seen this movie before....16 thru 64 just about equivalent in talent
Yeah, I think you're correct - It's usually the same in most drafts the top tier talent is usually 1-12 although some QBs get put in the top tier talent because of their potential and the NFL is such a passing league.

We've got fewer roster spots this year for rookies than normal and we have fewer holes in the roster. I'd be in favour of either trading up five spots or so for a WR (or a QB if Bill thinks this is the one). Otherwise at 15 I just don't see the value. I'd trade down to the end of the first round and grab the LB Collins.

Bill should go shopping in the second and third round like he often does - this is the class for CBs apparently and I wouldn't be surprised if we double dipped and grab two CBs in this draft.

This would seem to definitely be the case if we deal one of Gilmore or Jackson. Likely whichever CB the Pats don't trade will be extended so it'll probably be which of those two players gets us the higher draft pick.

Ideally I'd also like to trade a pick into next years draft too. Having an extra 2nd rounder or better for next year would set up even better for the present and future.

Definitely possible, but I could also see them sticking at 15. If there are 5 QB's drafted before then, there's a good chance some talent that is usually out of the Pats' reach is there at 15. And as we've seen, when they have a pick this high, they typically take someone. They traded down from 7 but only 3 spots to take Mayo at 10. They took Solder at 17, Warren at 12, Seymour at 6. I think they like trading down at the end of the round because by then the talent is REALLY starting to get muddied. But in the top half? There's bound to be someone they like.

Definitely possible, but I could also see them sticking at 15. If there are 5 QB's drafted before then, there's a good chance some talent that is usually out of the Pats' reach is there at 15. And as we've seen, when they have a pick this high, they typically take someone. They traded down from 7 but only 3 spots to take Mayo at 10. They took Solder at 17, Warren at 12, Seymour at 6. I think they like trading down at the end of the round because by then the talent is REALLY starting to get muddied. But in the top half? There's bound to be someone they like.
I will be surprised if they trade down. They have a lot of picks and very few holes. I think they will group some to move up, and trade a couple into next years draft. If they do trade down they will be looking to bring multiple picks up. They just don't need as many picks as they have this year.

Given that 2020 was highly impacted by COVID-19, this year's draft is a bigger crap shoot than normal. Moving up from 15 to get a sure thing and truly elite player might be the best strategy for this year.

I don’t think Andy is an idiot. A stubborn, fight picking grammar nazi, who enjoys twisting your words sure but when you can get him to stay on topic and talk X’s and O’s He knows football at a high level and has some interesting ideas.
OK, change it to "Never argue with an idiot savant!".

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back