PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If we draft a QB, which QB would you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipster9

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
My choice: Zach Mettenberger. Typical pocket passer, cannot run..
3rd or 4th round

Manziel. I think he's going to be special.

The one who runs as fast as he throws.

The best one, just like 2000.

The kid from Alabama build up a little arm strength. He has the football IQ and protects the FB... qualities BB likes.

AJ and it's not even really close on the rest. Don't worry I'll be sure to bump this in like, 4 years when AJ is a quality starter in this league and Johnny Football is a Ryan Leaf-esque bust.

Terry Bridgewater

The kid from Alabama build up a little arm strength. He has the football IQ and protects the FB... qualities BB likes.

AJ would be my 2nd choice...

I like Mettenberger from LSU or especially Jeff Matthews from Cornell. I think with a few years at backup either could be a suitable heir to Brady.

Dunno. But somehow I have more confidence in BB's ability to pick a QB than I do in my own. Go figure. LOL

Alabama's A.J. McCarron. Already played in Saban's pro-style offense. Very similar to New England's and with the same terminology.

Roll Tide!

AJ McCarron, just something there that reminds me of a young Brady (I'm not saying he will be as good as TFB though!) he could very well be the best QB in this draft when all is said & done.

AJ McCarron, just something there that reminds me of a young Brady (I'm not saying he will be as good as TFB though!) he could very well be the best QB in this draft when all is said & done.

AJ is a bit short, as 6-5/6-6 is the ideal height... I see AJ drafted in the 2nd-3rd round.

3rd round, I'd take him over Zach.

My choice: Zach Mettenberger. Typical pocket passer, cannot run..
3rd or 4th round

I would like us to draft one of these players –

- Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
- Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
- Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
- Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA

They are the top four QBs in the 2015 draft.

I like Mettenberger too, unfortunately I think he is going to skyrocket up draft boards into the mid/late 20's. I'll make a bold prediction now that Mettenberger will be the 3rd QB taken in the draft after Bortles and Derek Carr, ahead of Bridgewater and Manziel.

I would like us to draft one of these players –

- Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
- Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
- Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
- Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA

They are the top four QBs in the 2015 draft.

I'll say the same thing I said last year, it is impossible to tell how a draft will be a year out, especially at the QB position. Last year it was warning about Bridgewater and Clowney who were seen as can't miss prospects and who both have their question marks about them now. None of these guys in the 2015 draft are sure things.

I'll say the same thing I said last year, it is impossible to tell how a draft will be a year out, especially at the QB position. Last year it was warning about Bridgewater and Clowney who were seen as can't miss prospects and who both have their question marks about them now. None of these guys in the 2015 draft are sure things.

My point is that I do not want to draft a QB in the first five rounds in 2014. Brady has four years remaining on his deal and seems intent of playing at least those seasons, if we drafted a QB this season he would sign a four year contract. That means we would have to resign him the offseason he was slated to take over the starting job.

If it's this year:

1. Bridgewater
2. McCarron
3. Murray

If it's next year, Winston. Being the staunch Gator fan that I am, I hate his guts and hope we drill him and his team into the ground next season. I also think he's overly ****y and needs to get that knocked out of him before he hits the pro's. But the kid is a stud. There is no denying that. He throws a tight spiral, makes good decisions, and can complete passes in tight windows. He's also athletic and can run.

I don't know if he's likely to declare until 2015 or 2016, but I want Christian Hackenburg. He had O'Brien and Saban fighting over him.

Draft the best developmental QB available in round 5 or later
Toss in a UDFA QB to make training camp buzz

Christian Hackenburg. you beat me to the punch ctpatsfan77.

Out of this year's group I think McCarron will be the best. Hackenburg is special though. I hope BB finds a way to get him once he's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference