PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Pats lose, would you root for Chargers/Chiefs in SB?

heh...congrats. Really weird day of football.

It sure was. Both games seemed very strange.

The officials had like 4-5 calls today that were pretty ridiculous 50/50 calls with numerous factors. Chargers end zone pass (rolling into end zone), Gordon’s almost fumble being ruled an inch short, Bears receiver fumbling and no one picking it up since the whistle blew. It was a really strange day with a lot of stuff coming down to millimeters, not even inches.

By trying to right that correct and logical call last year for the Jesse James and the Steelers against those cheating Patriots, the “what’s a catch?” question went from being solved to a total crap show of subjectivity. Goodell at his finest (most incompetent.). I knew this was coming, and it has. Pretty much guarantee the SB is decided on some total subjective call of what constitutes a catch. NFL is a reactive bunch of morons.

Bottom line: if we’re not in it, give me a Chargers Saints Super Bowl.

That storyline sounds amazing.
That would be the ultimate revenge game for Brees. The decision to draft Rivers in ‘04 would come full circle. For Brees to prevent the Chargers from winning a Super Bowl would be epic.

Why in your opinion is Rivers unlikable? I like him,he’s a competitor
He’s “likeable” when things go his way. There’s been many instances of him throwing tantrums at the line of scrimmage when the team is struggling. He also shouts at his players on the sidelines like it’s always their fault. I live in CA and watch a lot of Chargers games. If Tom Brady did half the sh!t Rivers does, the media would destroy him.

And let’s not forget how he reacted to the embarrassing loss at home in the ‘06 Divisional playoff game against the Pats. He ran up to Ellis Hobbs and called him “the worst CB” in the NFL.

He also had an incident where he was harassing Broncos QB Jay Cutler for no reason during pre game warm ups.

He’s known to be a sh!t talker, but is protected by the media for some bizarre reason.

“He’s a competitor”. Yeah he just got his first playoff win in the last 5 years. Only 2 in the last ten years.

Get ready because the media is going to have a major hard on for Rivers and the Chargers this week. They will be heavily favored to upset the Pats. It will be nauseating to listen to.

I'd root for the Saints
I would've rooted for the Bears
I'd next root for rams or chargers

If the Pats aren't in it, I can't really put my heart into rooting for anyone else. I will just sit back, try to enjoy the game, but think about how we could have won it if we were there.

If Pats lose, I would definitely root for the Chargers from the AFC (providing that they handle the win graciously ). I would root for the Saints to take it all.

That would be the ultimate revenge game for Brees. The decision to draft Rivers in ‘04 would come full circle. For Brees to prevent the Chargers from winning a Super Bowl would be epic.

He’s “likeable” when things go his way. There’s been many instances of him throwing tantrums at the line of scrimmage when the team is struggling. He also shouts at his players on the sidelines like it’s always their fault. I live in CA and watch a lot of Chargers games. If Tom Brady did half the sh!t Rivers does, the media would destroy him.

And let’s not forget how he reacted to the embarrassing loss at home in the ‘06 Divisional playoff game against the Pats. He ran up to Ellis Hobbs and called him “the worst CB” in the NFL.

He also had an incident where he was harassing Broncos QB Jay Cutler for no reason during pre game warm ups.

He’s known to be a sh!t talker, but is protected by the media for some bizarre reason.

“He’s a competitor”. Yeah he just got his first playoff win in the last 5 years. Only 2 in the last ten years.

Get ready because the media is going to have a major hard on for Rivers and the Chargers this week. They will be heavily favored to upset the Pats. It will be nauseating to listen to.
Rivers can't chew gum and walk at the same time. He's a choke artist. BB will own his Baptist ass once again!

If New England fails to make the SB, I'll find something else to do. My FB season will be over, and I'll be anxious;y awaiting the NFL Draft.

However, I suspect that the Patriots will easily handle the Chargers, and will beat the Chiefs or Colts in the AFCB.

I would be more than happy to see the Colts have to come to Foxboro in a renewal of the Patriots/Colts rivalry.

For as long as I can remember a loss meant not only losing but having to watch the Steelers, Ravens, or a Manning team get a chance to walk away with the Lombardi. So essentially I’ve rooted hard for the NFC in each Super Bowl for the past 20 years.

Obviously no one here can be a real fan stomach the Colts/Irsay, but what about the Chiefs or Chargers? Would you potentially be rooting for an AFC team this year, or be neutral at the least?

So if the Patriots don’t win, then...

I would like to see Philip Rivers get a ring. He’s been a better QB than Eli and arguably than Roethlisberger, but he’s had so many crappy teams and disappointments.

I would also like to see Andy Reid finally get a ring, as he’s a very underrated coach and probably the second best of this era. He’s had to fight in the playoffs with Alex Smith and Donovan McNabb. The Chiefs have “put their time in” and been a perennial contender for years now as well, and I typically root for teams like that to get rings (rather than fluky luck teams like the Giants who are totally unworthy of their titles.)

Thoughts?

Definitely the Chargers. Rivers has been playing in this league for a long time. Overall he is a good guy. Also Chargers got hosed this year with having to play in the crappy Stub Hub stadium. Rivers deserves a ring.

Mahomes will ahve plenty of chances for multiple rings. Not a fan of former woman beater Tyreek Hill.

wentz isn’t going to sit in the bench waiting for brady to retire.
Correct he will sit on the bench because he can’t make it through the season healthy

I'm not rooting for the Chiefs.

Mahomes is the first QB in a while that I can see making a career long run at GOAT status IMO. He won't get there but if he wins one or two early, you can bet the media will start making Brady comparisons. Let's head that off as long as we can.

Last edited:
Saints, Rams, Chargers are fine. I don't care about narratives too much, I'm okay with Brees getting more recognition as a TOP10 QB, which he deserves. I can even stomach Cowboys, but it's a long shot. Eagles win @CHI was just pure fkin luck, I have them at the bottom, with Colts.

Chiefs are tough. On one hand, Andy Reid deserves a ring and they are legit this year. They're doing fine after Hunt scandal.

But on the other, I think they've got the most delusional fanbase full of mongoloids and untreated disorders. Wishing interlocutors suicide, flaying, death or rape is KC's bread and butter, and they are disturbingly enthusiastic about non-consensual sex between males.

It would’ve been LAC, but I have a feeling that they’re going to rub me the wrong way should they beat us on Sun.

Any NFC team aside from Philly would be the obvious choice.

I may not even watch the game with the Patriots don’t make it.
Having said that, If the Chargers win the Super Bowl, that quarterback draft class can certainly compare favorably to the 1983 quarterbacks. It also amazes me they don’t even have a true home field and still had such a great year. It’s almost fitting that their road to the Super Bowl happens on the road.
If the Saints win, that puts Drew Brees one notch above Peyton Manning in the GOAT not named TB12 debate.
Patrick Mahomes has many more years and would likely come back to the playoffs and Super Bowl… He can wait.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back