PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If OBJ is released by the Browns and is unclaimed, do you want him in NE on the cheap? (Update: Signed by Rams)

Cutting Agholor saves you less than 0.5M this year so makes no sense. He also has 5M guaranteed salary on top of 5M prorated signing bonus next yr. Better pray he starts producing :)

Cutting players at this point doesnt save you much cap. Also they can easily create enough to sign OBJ if they want to and more importantly - if he wants to..
It’s not the money it’s the roster slot. The way I’m looking at it is you can pay Agholor for being nonproductive while taking up a roster slot, or you can pay him for being nonproductive and not taking up the roster slot that you then use for someone productive at a cheap price.

look at it this way, would you rather have Agholor’s cap hit with him on the roster and not producing, or take the cap hit and cut him to sign OBJ at the prorated vet minimum? At the end of the day which gives a better shot at winning?

edited to add: cap is only part of it, 53 roster slots is the other critical limit.

The more I hear the Pats namedropped the less I think it's likely he's coming here. These leaks aren't coming from the team - they don't do that.

Could be wrong this time but I doubt it

I’m feeling salty since it don’t seem likely he’s coming here so I’m gonna start an argument amongst us.

If Brady were here OBJ would of been a Patriot yesterday.

It’s not the money it’s the roster slot. The way I’m looking at it is you can pay Agholor for being nonproductive while taking up a roster slot, or you can pay him for being nonproductive and not taking up the roster slot that you then use for someone productive at a cheap price.

look at it this way, would you rather have Agholor’s cap hit with him on the roster and not producing, or take the cap hit and cut him to sign OBJ at the prorated vet minimum? At the end of the day which gives a better shot at winning?

edited to add: cap is only part of it, 53 roster slots is the other critical limit.

You dont cut the guy who is on the field 80% of the time, healthy, under 2y guarantees and saves you nothing this yr.

Id rather put Harry on IR, cut Tavai, Hoyer. Maybe they'll have to put one of the concussed RBs on IR etc. One step at the time..

If I was OBJ, id go to the Packers

good QB, easy division, some money

also, he clearly wont be in the major headlines coming from there, thats a big plus

Still hoping he comes tho!

he will go to the Saints. back home for the year, easy cop out (Semen) if he sucks. basically he

Usually if the patriots want someone they get him, not always, but usually. 50/50 I would say.

This is how I expect it to go on Patsfans in 24 hours.

If OBJ signs with our team: "You know.. I have always sorta secretly loved OBJ"

If OBJ signs elsewhere: Our team is better without OBJ. Screw him!

If he signs elsewhere, I will admit that our team is not better off without him. We could really use an upgrade at WR. I won't jump off a ledge or anything though.

he brings potential as a WR; he brings potential to be a PITA

he brings potential to have a positive impact; be brings potential to struggle to learn the system and have little impact

i'm meh over it either way.....

It would be funny if he signs with the Packers and then Rodgers retires, leaving him with Jordan Love as his QB.

The more I hear the Pats namedropped the less I think it's likely he's coming here. These leaks aren't coming from the team - they don't do that.

Could be wrong this time but I doubt it
It has happened before though. There was a lot of smoke regarding the Brandin Cooks trade (to us) before It happened. But it is definitely atypical. And the notion that it’s his agent / other rep getting the Pats‘ name out there to increase offers or get other offers certainly makes a ton of sense, especially knowing that Mike Florio’s main sources (but not exclusive) are agents.

If Brady were here OBJ would of been a Patriot yesterday.

We are better off with the younger QB who will (hopefully) be in NE for the next 10-15 years as opposed to the guy who is going to retire after next season.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back