PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Jimmy leaves, do you feel like Brissett could be the heir in a couple years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
(Granted, this is assuming a scenario where Brady doesn't play until he's 50. ;) )

What do we feel about this guy, though? I liked a lot of the things that he did in that Houston win, granted we kept him limited. He seems to be pretty well liked, and his mobility is intriguing.

I do wonder if this guy has limits on his potential. The Buffalo game was definitely nothing special. BUT it was his first games in the NFL, so little early to tell on him. He was a guy Parcells really liked, so that's at least something of note.

I think it is too early to say but to those that think he sucks just realize that his 2 starts came unexpectedly in the beginning of his rookie year after taking almost no first team reps during training camp so its not fair to hold his performance in those games against him. Considering that he did pretty good.

I didn't see enough to say yes yet, so I am saying no. He had 2.5 games to shows us glimpse of what he can become. Jimmy is clearly better than him, in game 4 when he was hurt the Pats were hoping for Jimmy to play hurt, and that for me was a bit of a red flag, not too much since he had hurt his hand but enough for concern, and I am also giving him a bit of a pass on Miami game too because the game plan didn't include him. So his best performance was against Huston which is Huston, so overall it is a mixed result.

I think tho, getting a bit off topic, if the Pats were to trade Jimmy, the would do it before the draft, either next year or the year after. If that's the scenario I think they'd likely use a 2nd or 3rd, heck call me crazy but maybe even first round pick on a QB.

I'd say yes except that Brady wants to play till he's 45 and I believe he'll be able to play at a high level so no.. it'll have to be the next guy I think.

He has some very good physical traits. He seemed very calm in the pocket and to make good decisions given how raw he is. Work ethic sounds good as does leadership traits. Time will tell, but he looks like a good draft pick.

The next high draft pick will be our heir, I think Jacoby is insurance, and Jimmy was to at first imo then over achieved the patriots expectations as I'm sure if they could hold on to Jimmy they would

these threads make me hungry for some reason....
I heard that..Jacoby Brisket talk always gets me moist

beer-braised-beef-brisket-sandwich_thecozyapron_12-20-15_1.jpg

Absolutely. Downgrading his performance with a broken hand is unfair. He couldn't get a good grip on the ball, and it showed when the passes sailed on him. The important thing was that he took care of the ball (for the most part), and made good reads. He seems to have a strong work ethic, keeps cool under pressure, and wants to improve. Now that he has recovered from surgery, he should be able to throw the ball more cleanly again.

Will he take over from Brady? No one knows that answer. Could he? I have to believe that the answer is yes, and that we would do well with him. I expect him to be the primary (and maybe only) backup for the next few years, and if he turns into a starter after Brady retires with a few more rings (please!) then we all win.

No. I think it is highly unlikely.

All i would be looking for is a QB you can build a team around and hopefully compete. I would not expect another HOFer or even true elite QB though it be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back