PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Cam is returning, we need a better QB room around him.

because he had no other realistic options that were as good or better a situation
Why couldn't it be just as likely that Bill found out Cam was getting an offer and decided to grab him before he hit the market. Maybe Cam even told Bill he was getting an offer.

This argument that Cam couldn't get an offer from anyone makes the decision to re-sign him even worse. If that was the case, why not just wait, make him sweat a little. Why double the amount of the potential contract? Why sign him at all, if the other 31 weren't even interested. It's hogwash.

signing him now, before the "official" start makes sense for the team, who is attempting to land other FA's.......

Cam may have had offers.......my point is this was probably the best

why make him sweat? this was a team friendly deal as it is.......

signing him now, before the "official" start makes sense for the team, who is attempting to land other FA's.......

Quite a few Washington posters are disappointed they did not sign newton. I guess they do not know how to watch film.

also, a couple of die hard Seattle fans wanted to trade Wilson for a king’s ransom to the Jets and sign newton to replace him. Clearly those guys have a huge drug problem.

Quite a few Washington posters are disappointed they did not sign newton. I guess they do not know how to watch film.

also, a couple of die hard Seattle fans wanted to trade Wilson for a king’s ransom to the Jets and sign newton to replace him. Clearly those guys have a huge drug problem.

unlike the stable, rational fan base here

Ok well that's totally different than he wasn't getting any offers. It's a done deal so we'll never know what his market was. It is what it is.

Why couldn't it be just as likely that Bill found out Cam was getting an offer and decided to grab him before he hit the market. Maybe Cam even told Bill he was getting an offer.

This argument that Cam couldn't get an offer from anyone makes the decision to re-sign him even worse. If that was the case, why not just wait, make him sweat a little. Why double the amount of the potential contract? Why sign him at all, if the other 31 weren't even interested. It's hogwash.

I'm expecting more than just Cam and Stidham to be in the QB room this coming season.

Despite Ring Six's rectal explosion Cam's leadership and teamwork qualities are excellent and something you'd like to see rub off on a few younger QBs.

Ring Six's Wentz idea was the exact opposite. An affluenza inflicted QB who was a locker room cancer. Shytty idea. Good God.

BB agreed with me. Sir Camelot Newton will lead this team back to the promise land.

Ring 6 - 0
Tony2046 - 10

BB agreed with me. Sir Camelot Newton will lead this team back to the promise land.

Ring 6 - 0
Tony2046 - 10

Amen brother! I hope you are right.

however if newton goes 2 and 14 and those two wins are against the Jets, that is a good season!

hello Howell!!! Come play qb for us in 2022.

Amen brother! I hope you are right.

however if newton goes 2 and 14 and those two wins are against the Jets, that is a good season!

hello Howell!!! Come play qb for us in 2022.

That's the spirit.

I will always root for who is on the team.

Maybe Bill re-signs Hoyer next week to "run it back." He can get him for $1M, no guarantees. He needs other bodies to justify the QB competition.

Pats fans on the way to first preseason game. Lmao

tenor(3).gif

As long as he's effective on the scout team (where he's been praised a lot being able to imitate just about any QB) he'll have a spot here. I think BB really values that.
Hoyer has no value. Zero. He's probably worse than Newton. He can't f'ing "imitate just about any QB" either... stop with the total nonsense aiming to legitimize anything Belichick does. It's embarrassing. The f'ing scout team.

I think Bill is done at QB. Bill loves Cam and is fine with him as a starter. I can see him drafting a QB late to compete with Stidham. But he will not draft a QB to compete with Cam.
Agreed with Belichick being all in on Newton. Partly because he has to be and party because he's delusional. The timing of the signing shows Newton is sadly their only option at this moment. Stidham clearly is not in their plans at all. And clearly Newton is not in the plans of any other team either. Newton and Belichick are stuck with each other but neither is really all that unhappy about it. Bill allows Cam to hold onto his delusions of continued relevance in the NFL and Cam allows Bill to hold onto his delusions of being more important than his players and winning championships with duck tape, belly button lint, and some change from under the sofa cushion.

What’s frightening me is that I really think that Bill loves Cam and think he has his guy and will stop looking for QB. Brown and Cam are 1 year deal. I have a feeling that Bill is year to year has no business rebuilding until he retires because he still think he can win now. I wouldn’t be surprised if he signs old middle of the pack veteran in free agency.

Hoyer has no value. Zero. He's probably worse than Newton. He can't f'ing "imitate just about any QB" either... stop with the total nonsense aiming to legitimize anything Belichick does. It's embarrassing. The f'ing scout team.
I don’t get the hate for Hoyer. for 3 quarters, he was better than 80% of Cam’s season.

I don’t see how we can justify going into next year with Hoyer and Stidham remaining backups for Cam. I think this has to mean we are either drafting a QB, signing another veteran, or even both.

From what I saw from Stidham, I think he’s hardly even rosterable. Not a capable backup. Hoyer also showed last year that his time was up.

This is my primary concern. If Cam plays like he did for the first month last year, I’m alright with that level. But we all know Cam cannot he trusted to stay healthy and maintain good performance once injuries mount up.

I definitely have to think even a guy like Brissett makes a ton of sense. Would be a huge upgrade over Hoyer/Stiddy.
This season is done.

call it Rebuild: Part Deux.

Looking forward to BB getting on podium and saying bs like how we mortgaged our future to win those chanpionships and his hands are tied now, even as he gives us another losing season

What’s frightening me is that I really think that Bill loves Cam and think he has his guy and will stop looking for QB. Brown and Cam are 1 year deal. I have a feeling that Bill is year to year has no business rebuilding until he retires because he still think he can win now. I wouldn’t be surprised if he signs old middle of the pack veteran in free agency.
If what you say were true, Cam would have been signed to a 3 or 4 year contract.

Maybe, but you've got to admit that at $1M he comes at great value (cheap) something highly valued in the PatsFan community. As long as a player comes cheap, I mean at great value, it's a great deal.

Anyway, he's got a great nickname "The Hoyster." That alone is worth a million. Lmao

Wait, so when the kid told Cam: "you're a free agent. You're about to be poor." He was correct? Damn.
Since he's made $130m I doubt he's poor but you never know with these guys. Consider almost 1/2 his cash has gone to taxes, SS, etc. Maybe he has investments that haven't worked out. Purchased dumb things. Lives ostintatously. Who knows.

People really think a 3.5million contract means Bill won't draft a guy and he's been promised to start?

Even Jeff Howe said cam is not guaranteed to start and the Patriots are looking at all options in the draft. A rookie like fields isn't going to play his first year anyway.

Since he's made $130m I doubt he's poor but you never know with these guys. Consider almost 1/2 his cash has gone to taxes, SS, etc. Maybe he has investments that haven't worked out. Purchased dumb things. Lives ostintatously. Who knows.
I think he just needs another million to spend on clothes he'll forget to wear. Lmao

I don’t see how we can justify going into next year with Hoyer and Stidham remaining backups for Cam. I think this has to mean we are either drafting a QB, signing another veteran, or even both.

From what I saw from Stidham, I think he’s hardly even rosterable. Not a capable backup. Hoyer also showed last year that his time was up.

This is my primary concern. If Cam plays like he did for the first month last year, I’m alright with that level. But we all know Cam cannot he trusted to stay healthy and maintain good performance once injuries mount up.

I definitely have to think even a guy like Brissett makes a ton of sense. Would be a huge upgrade over Hoyer/Stiddy.
When did you see Stidham? I don’t disagree that he might not be a viable QB but I base that on Belichick’s decisions on his playing time and bringing back Newton, I haven’t seen Stidham play enough to base any decision on his play.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back