PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Bill Belichick is done, here’s who could replace him in New England

Tom Brady would have been an insurance salesman without Bill Belichick. IMO
In case you forgot TB12 won a Superbowl without Bill. Bill can't say the same. He's a sub .500 coach without Tom.

Tom without BB - 32-18. 1 Superbowl Championship.

BB without Tom - 29-37. 1 playoff loss. :poop:

With what QB? Also, I actually don’t want BB gone, but the question was who would I choose if he leaves. I believe Vrabel’s a good coach. If his track record is your argument, what’s BB’s record without Brady?…Who would you choose?
So you are one of those? Belichick napped all day while Brady ran the franchise?

I like Vrabel but I’m not impressed with the job he has done. I’m not interested in bringing that here, and he’s never proven he can’t win.

So you are one of those? Belichick napped all day while Brady ran the franchise?

I like Vrabel but I’m not impressed with the job he has done. I’m not interested in bringing that here, and he’s never proven he can’t win.
No, I’m not one of those. That was your argument. BB is still a great coach without Brady. All great coaches had great players, and vice versa. I think Vrabel’s capable; he just needs an adequate QB..above Tanehill level. Who would you choose?…..

No, I’m not one of those. That was your argument. BB is still a great coach without Brady. All great coaches had great players, and vice versa. I think Vrabel’s capable; he just needs an adequate QB..above Tanehill level.
It wasn’t my argument. You literally brought it up unprompted.

I think Vrabel can give you .500+ and little more. Nothing in any of his coaching history tells me he can be great.

If they are moving on from Bill then I personally would want them to clean house. I want no part of Vrabel or Mayo as HC. I suspect Bill will return as HC only and they hire a new GM. Wouldn’t be surprised if O’Brien is gone.

It wasn’t my argument. You literally brought it up unprompted.

I think Vrabel can give you .500+ and little more. Nothing in any of his coaching history tells me he can be great.
You said “track record.” Stop the nonsense. If you’re not going to answer the question of who you’d take as a coach, stop responding champ..

In case you forgot TB12 won a Superbowl without Bill. Bill can't say the same. He's a sub .500 coach without Tom.

I don't understand why people think Tom wouldn't have caught on with another team had the Pats or anyone else not drafted him. Case in point, there are posters on this board/media who attended camps saw Brady outplaying the newly signed $100M QB in only his 2nd season. There were also plenty of teams which Tom could've competed early on or eventually taken over in the early 2000's. Tom wouldn't have been able to unseat starting QB's like Chris Chandler, Jeff Blake, Tim Couch, Rob Johnson, Brad Johnson, Shaun King, Steve Beurlein, Vinny Testeverde, Trent Green, Kerry Collins, Jake Plummer, Doug Flutie, Jay Fiedler, Jon Kitna, Kordell Stewart, Chris Weinke? Lots of teams were looking for replacements from guys on this list.

Tony Romo was undrafted and eventually kicked Bledsoe to the curb by year 3.

Last edited:
You said “track record.” Stop the nonsense. If you’re not going to answer the question of who you’d take as a coach, stop responding champ..
I said I don’t like Vrable as a hc hire because of his track record.
How is that controversial? How do yo judge any coach? Their track record, right?
The fact that you turned that into making a slam you don’t even believe is on you.

I think Vrabel and Mayo are tied for the leading candidates to replace Bill if he’s traded. Brian Flores also gets a look.

Dark horse candidate is Jedd Fisch, the University of Arizona HC. Remember him?

A equally important decision is the GM. Expect the Krafts to explore pilfering Eagles’ GM Howie Roseman.

That’s a long shot. But having Fisch in place would help I suspect. Those guys would have a bromance.

Otherwise, it’s Eliot Wolf. His father did it. And he’s an outsider.

To get back to winning SBs my view is to bring in Fisch as HC and Roseman as GM. Defense no longer wins championships the way the rules are now.
I like it. I'm leaning towards Mayo, I think he'll ultimately get the nod. Now GM I'm all in with Roseman or wolf! Now with a more modern traditional set up having a coach and GM it's better for the organization. The coach and GM cam work together and share ideas. We have a pretty good defense and they will always keep us in games but your right it no longer wins championship.

BB is nothing without TB IMO.
You know it. It was amazing how Brady won all those rings by himself. Surrounded by **** players and **** coaches and still became the GOAT. Simply amazing.

I don't understand why people think Tom wouldn't have caught on with another team had the Pats or anyone else not drafted him. Case in point, there are posters on this board/media who attended camps saw Brady outplaying the newly signed $100M QB in only his 2nd season. There were also plenty of teams which Tom could've competed early on or eventually taken over in the early 2000's. Tom wouldn't have been able to unseat starting QB's like Chris Chandler, Jeff Blake, Tim Couch, Rob Johnson, Brad Johnson, Shaun King, Steve Beurlein, Vinny Testeverde, Trent Green, Kerry Collins, Jake Plummer, Doug Flutie, Jay Fiedler, Jon Kitna, Kordell Stewart, Chris Weinke? Lots of teams were looking for replacements from guys on this list.

Not many players get drafted at the end of the draft and end up being the greatest QB of all time. Most players drafted then never get a chance to play. Brady was very very lucky to get a chance. He made the most of it, but don't be revisionist. 50/50 he would have been out of the league in 3/4 years and never played a down.

I’ll tell you this. If Belichick was the owner, he would have fired Belichick the GM and head coach after last season. He would have done it in season too.
So Bill should completely understand.

I don’t know anyone who thinks Brady couldn’t have gotten a starting job and become a very good QB, but I don’t believe either of them would have become the GOAT’s had they not teamed up together. Brady was able to beat out Bledsoe because he realized that what Belichick wanted was a QB who would manage games and make decisions exactly the way he wanted them made. And what Belichick got was a QB who managed the games and made the decisions and plays the way Belichick wanted them made. Brady’s game manager tag was meant as an insult,but ultimately it was his greatest strength. And their record playing with a lead in the 2nd half wasn’t a fluke, nor was their record coming from behind; as Brady knew exactly when to slow the game down, churn out first downs, and keep drive opportunities down, and deny the comeback, just as he knew when they were getting in trouble and needed to move quickly and get into a position to come back and win. Brady worked his ass off throughout his career to become better than any player to ever play the game, and managing games was how he did it. He learned it from learning what Belichick wanted in every situation. And when you listen to all of the great players, like Harrison, and Bruschi, and McGnest etc etc etc, what they always single out is how Belichick was the one who really taught them to understand situational football. Brady eventually understood the entire Ph.D he got from Belichick, and even took that trove of knowledge with him to win a ring in Tampa Bay, but Belichick was the one who taught him A-Z of it. Now the run is officially over, at least if Belichick is done it is, and we will never see anything like it again. It was a ****ing blast, and I loved it. My total thanks to Bill, Tom, and every one of them that made it possible. What a great ride.

That quote (Brady would be selling insurance….) was a sarcastic response to a “BB is nothing without Brady” but you can pretend it’s whatever you want to. My thoughts on Brady are well established through hundreds and hundreds of posts about him.

Jedd Fisch is 16-21 as a college coach in a weak conference.
Um, he took over for wretched Kevin Sumlin who burns it down everywhere he goes. Sumlin’s Arizona team list to instate rival ASU 70-7 in 2020.

They went winless in covid 2020. Sumlin was fired after three years of fecklessness.

Fisch took over a depleted team in 2021 and went 1-11.

Two years later, 2023, he finishes 10-3 after soundly thrashing Oklahoma in a bowl game.

Arizona is now slated as the top team in the Big 12 that they are joining next season.

Just a TREMENDOUS coaching job.

how about a 3 time Super Bowl winner….George Seifert did and won.
Good point.

Walsh won a SB with Montana and retired. Then Siefertt took over the same
team and won a SB with Montana.

Wait a second, the Pats have 4 wins and no QB.

This is such a lame argument.

It's much easier for a QB to join a team with 12 Pro Bowlers than for a coach/GM to rebuild a team when everyone leaves it.

Think about it this way: if Belichick had gone to Tampa to coach the Bucs and Brady stayed in New England with the talent situation in 2020, who wins?

This is such a lame argument.

It's much easier for a QB to join a team with 12 Pro Bowlers than for a coach/GM to rebuild a team when everyone leaves it.

Think about it this way: if Belichick had gone to Tampa to coach the Bucs and Brady stayed in New England with the talent situation in 2020, who wins?
What bugs me is:
Bill had ultimate control and say while here. He has no one to blame. He is the ye or ne on ALL roster related issues.

Brady took the patriots culture to TB and they won. Has that ever been done before? Seriously asking

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back