PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Bill Belichick is done, here’s who could replace him in New England

This would almost be as lazy of a hire as Bill O’Brian was. Vrabel is also trending in the wrong direction, so why fire Bill to hire him?

This would also piss off Mayo as I have no idea what he was thinking giving up a HC interview for no DC/AHC title and no eventual HC job.

Frankly these speculation threads could all be lumped together in a useless speculation mega-thread.

Seeing I can't even read this one makes it worse.
Doesn’t it feel like we’ve been discussing this in another thread for at least a wk now if not more? Deja vu?

BB is nothing without TB IMO.
He’s an amazing defensive coordinator he’s not a great head coach without Tom. Shoot Brady made Arian’s and Leftwich look like Geniuses

I still think we could see a Mcdaniels Mayo combo, Kraft wouldn’t have to pay Josh.

He’s an amazing defensive coordinator he’s not a great head coach without Tom. Shoot Brady made Arian’s and Leftwich look like Geniuses

I still think we could see a Mcdaniels Mayo combo, Kraft wouldn’t have to pay Josh.
Were Kraft to make an owner hiring decision on a coach or coordinator based on not having to pay, this franchise would slide even further into the abyss of failed franchises.

What if this happens....

usa_today_17329902.0.jpg

BB + TB = dynasty. We know that for sure.
BB - TB is way less successful and even by his own admission… but that shouldn’t surprise anyone. Well maybe except Showtime15. Lol

Last edited:
Credit Bill for making the decision in taking him and keeping him when they had 3 other QB's on the roster. Like Andy Reid in KC, he had to be nudged into taking Mahomes. Bill got away from his roots and having voices in the building nudging him to take certain players.

Credit Bill for making the decision in taking him and keeping him when they had 3 other QB's on the roster. Like Andy Reid in KC, he had to be nudged into taking Mahomes. Bill got away from his roots and having voices in the building nudging him to take certain players.

Credit Bill with choosing by him over Bledsoe, coaching him directly, and putting together teams, coaches, and game plans around him that led to 9 AFC Championships and 6 Lombardi’s. Both are the GOAT’s, take either away and neither are the GOAT’s.

This would almost be as lazy of a hire as Bill O’Brian was. Vrabel is also trending in the wrong direction, so why fire Bill to hire him?

This would also piss off Mayo as I have no idea what he was thinking giving up a HC interview for no DC/AHC title and no eventual HC job.
I think it's Mayo HC, Josh OC, covington DC, Groh/wolf GM.. think of this.. with BB no longer there at that point so much pressure will be off people to not have to answer to him, and have him sign off on things. Stupid moves like hiring Mike pellegrino a lacrosse player, to coach the secondary. Giving outrageous contracts to STs players, the BB nepotism would be done away with. Mayo IMO respects BB but I believe he's his own man.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back