PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Belichick left, who would you be happy with as a replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I think too.I'd take PJ in a heartbeat but Mangini thinks so much like BB. I don't know-this is a gut-wrenching topic,right up there with "what if Brady goes down" and re-watching the AFCC game after having my dvd stick right on the Denver INT. Good times:cool:

What makes anyone here think Pepper Johnson is qualified to be a head coach?! My choice for taking the sceptor from BB would be Charlie Weis.

There is no replacement for Bill Bilichick

Obviously Pete Carroll.

Although I really don't think Carroll has the personality make-up to be a pro coach, he was SOOO doomed from the start here.

Succeeding an iconic coach that left here the way he did, Carroll never had a chance.

On top of that he worked under THE WORST GM the Pats ever had, it just made a bad situation worse.

He left with a winning record and I have to say his attacking defenses were fun to watch.

I would venture to say he was in the top 5 coaches the Pats ever had. Although that ain't saying much.

Drew Bledsoe - At least he won't have to be mobile as coach on the sidelines :D

I have 2 choices

1 is Nobody, if Belichick retires, I hope he retires with world championships under his belt..

2 If he leaves, I say Kraft should break the bank and open the door for Charlie Weis to come back home an coach the Pats..

I have no idea who the individual should be, but the smart thing for the Patiots would be to put together a Search Committee with insiders and at least one outsider -- say, Bob Kraft (or Jonathan), Brady, Dante, perhaps Jimmy Johnson -- and let them decide. I'm sure they'd come up with a great decision.

Surprised no one mentioned Andy Reid.

We have discussed this alot. For the record, I agree with you. Also I would add Mangini and Crennel.

I know this has been talked about to death, and I dont think he's leaving because Bioli stacked picks for next year, but its the off season so what the hell.........

I have two replacement that wouldnt make me sick with worry.....either the obvious in Charle Weis or David Pees the current D.C. (I think he did a ton with less than what RAC had)

I have to agree with PushNPencils re Urban Meyer as a successor. The guy has won a few times and seems on the same page as BB re overall coaching philosophy.

Surprised no one mentioned Andy Reid.

Why would Andy Reid want to leave Philly? He has a mini-Patriots empire down there--great ownership, new stadium, franchise QB and successful track record.

Plus--why would Kraft screw with his buddy by stealing the guy's coach?

Reid, Fisher, Shanahan--all ridiculous suggestions.

I know this has been talked about to death, and I dont think he's leaving because Bioli stacked picks for next year, but its the off season so what the hell.........

I have two replacement that wouldnt make me sick with worry.....either the obvious in Charle Weis or David Pees the current D.C. (I think he did a ton with less than what RAC had)

Mitch Kumstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore