PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - The rant edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My superbowl run up has been absolutely ruined by all this media slander, I can't even think. I was going to do a post calling out Kraft (not Mr, not Bob, just Kraft), but was heartened to read that Shnessy had done a great one (great minds think alike ;) ). I figured that would help, but by the end of the first page of comments I was STILL so angry I had to stop.

I had to take a drive this morning and looked forward to some superbowl talk on the radio, That lasted about 2 minutes before "deflate-gate" talk drove me to 105.7 for some 60's and 70's music to calm me down
I want to be talking about how to stop the read option, I don't want the hear my team knowingly slandered, have that slander acknowledged, and STILL get slandered again anyway.

There are close to 1500 posts on the "deflate gate" thread, I haven't read a single one. I know they would make my head explode. There are over 200 posts on Shmessy's "letter to Kraft" thread, of which I basically only read his OP (and it was good) So I ask for your indulgence. I'm sure much of what I will write will be redundant, though I hope I can add some insights that haven't been mentioned. But in the end I really need to put this down on paper, so to speak. Today you are all my therapists, and I thank you in advance.

1. I want to put the full blame for all of this directly where it belongs.....take a bow Bob Kraft. So here is MY open letter to Kraft. The one I was going to write before Shmess, beat me to it.

2. Well that made me feel a little bit better. Enough so I can go on. So again allow me to write down what I see "deflate gate as being.

a. According to the arch villain Kravitch, this is how it came down. After the Brady pick at the end of the half, the Colt bench got one of the 12 balls designated to the Pats. Supposedly they noticed the ball was "deflated", a bit. Called attention to the officials, and after the game demanded an investigation, which the league willingly obliged them. :rolleyes:

b. The supposed advantage to the Pats would be to have a better grip with the softer ball

c. In the mean time, our own team is complicit with their silence, and allows to the rest of haters and mediot parasites to speculate at will and slander the team and its fan base at will. Let me know if I left anything out, but I think that's the gist. (BTW- I know all about the "chain of command", etc, but left it out.

3. If someone would give ME the opportunity to respond to this nonsense, I would say the following.:

a. I find it curious that Colts bench would find a significant enough discrepancy in how the ball was inflated, when the officials who CONSTANTLY were handling the Patriots balls throughout the entire first half, and had continuous access to them and NEVER noticed anything wrong.

b. Deflating the ball WOULD make it easier to grip, but as Zolack pointed out very early, it also makes it harder to "spin it". In other words harder to throw a crisp spiral.

c. If the ball was supposed to be an advantage to Brady, how come during the first half Brady had a very up and down game, and in the 3rd quarter AFTER the deception was supposedly uncovered, was 8-8 while they were blowing the Colts out of the game, in an almost flawless 2nd half.

d. Unless it was the officials who noticed the problem, for all I know it was the Colts bench that deflated the ball to deflect attention from the horrid game their team played. (BTW-very successfully so far)

4. The damage is done. I wont't matter a jot, if Roger Goodell comes down tomorrow and fully exonerates the Pats. According to Volin, national media believes that Goodell is in Kraft's pocket, even though the NEXT thing the league does that favors the Pats, will be the first one I can remember. (feel free to point out any others I've missed). Nothing that is said fully clears the Pats or changes people's view of the team.

So instead of admiring in amazement the LONG term accomplishments this franchise has achieved, instead there will be an eternal asterisk that will hover over it all.

5. I am furious of the Kraft's team wide policy of treating anything negative by simply pretending it isn't happening and saying as little as possible. When asked whether the Pats deflated the balls, BB feigned ignorance and deflected. When asked whether the Pats had deflated the balls, Brady feigned ignorance and deflected. Its what they do, where I would have hoped they would answer with a simple "yes" or "no" Now regardless of the outcome, the mediot parasites can simply frame their response by commenting, well they didn't deny it, so there must be some semblance of truth there, not matter how small, so I can now feel free to speculate anything I want, and keep a total non-story in the forefront of the news.

6. What I want to see happen:
a. I want to see Brady, BB and Kraft flat out deny it. Or if they are guilty admit it.

b. I want to see the Colts issue a public apology to the Pats.

c. I want to see Kravitz issue a public apology. Well actually I'd like to see him pilloried at Patriot Place and spat upon by small children. But I'd take an apology

d. I want to see the Irsay and his franchise fined and punished as a warning to other owners who attempt to unjustly slander one of their competitors.....and their fans

e. I want Goodell, Kraft and BB to finally give the full story of "spygate". If it was as we believe
a simple over reaction to BB's arrogance in ignoring the memo, I want it revealed. If the Pats WERE dong something wrong, I want it told. I FINALLY want a full explanation of what what happened and why., Not only are Pats fans due that, the entire league's fan base is. I am truly tired of trying to disprove a negative,.

f. I want Goodell to announce his retirement after the superbowl (well actually I want him unceremoniously, fired and kicked to the curb.) I want this arrogant and incompetent CEO of the league GONE.

6. And since I'm still in rant mode and anxious to talk about football if only for a minute, let me add this. I am ****ING tired of hearing about the great Seahawk defense. We have seen it become rather ordinary every time they've seen a decent offense and good QB. The quality of the QB's and offenses that they have played up until Sunday's game have been well documented on this site, so I won't repeat it.

But I will give you a stat that I heard this weekend that I found quite telling. I was listening when a mediot who was touting the dominance of the Seahawk defense used this stat. Over the last 6 games and the 2 playoff games, the Seahawks' D has allowed just 13 fourth quarter points....combined!

Believe me, I was impressed because that's an impressive number when you think about it. For EIGHT quarters, when the game is on the line the most, 14 combined points is truly an incredible number, right? UNTIL.....this factoid came out, offered, I have to admit by one of the other mediots.

There IS a team that actually has done BETTER than what the Seahawk D has accomplished. There IS another team, who over the exact same 8 fourth quarters managed to hold their opponents to a combined 13 points. :eek: That team, as you probably have already guessed, is our own NE Patriots. And we didn't accomplish our feat playing against rookies, back ups, back ups to back ups, Colin Kapernick, and Cam Newton. We did it playing Flacco, Luck, Rivers, Rodgers, and Stafford (OK we did play Geno, Orton, and Tannihill too, but you get the point. ;) )

7. So when you are out there this week over the internet and fighting the good fight at your local wathering hole, don't let the meidot parasites try and con you into thinking the "Legion of Doom" is the next coming of the 85 Bears, or that the Seahawks are the more physical team because they played in the NFC. Just calmly point how how the Pats actually had the harder schedule and have already played at least 4 games against DL's that were better than what they will be facing in Feb. (maybe more)

8. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. While am still royally bummed out by all this crap, I DO feel better. Now I know why writers write. It does free the soul. Not better enough to read or participate in any "deflategate" talk or threads (though I will respond to comments in this thread), but better.

I'll try to do a "read option" thread, because I know the Seahawks are definitely going to use it. It really was the only thing that worked for them Sunday. I'll try to explain what THEY will be looking to do, and what could work to control, if not defeat it.

Thanks again

G'damn, man. You outdid me. Just perfect.

We deserve to enjoy this time.

Patfanken:
"c. I want to see Kravitz issue a public apology. Well actually I'd like to see him pilloried at Patriot Place and spat upon by small children. But I'd take an apology"

If the past is any guide, he'll gain more notoriety and recognition for this than he ever had previously and land a gig at WEEI.

Kraft SHOULD be on the phone with Goodell demanding he dismiss all this nonsense.

No.

He should be on the phone with Goodell demanding a full and fair investigation, the results of which must be publicly and clearly announced before this weekend.

Dismissing it is akin to burning the alleged tapes.

Face it head on and let the truth come out.

Patfanken:
"c. I want to see Kravitz issue a public apology. Well actually I'd like to see him pilloried at Patriot Place and spat upon by small children. But I'd take an apology"

If the past is any guide, he'll gain more notoriety and recognition for this than he ever had previously and land a gig at WEEI.
it would be d#!m funny if it wasn't so true.

It surprises me how so many care what everyone else thinks. Tune out the noise and enjoy the SB on Sunday. Why bother with the sports shows..they are mostly garbage. On a side note, why are so many so obsessed with how many rings Brady has vs everyone else, dynasty, no dynasty, ect. I watch sports for the enjoyment of the games and the further my team advances, the more exciting it gets. Too many get too involved with the side shows....just sit back and enjoy the games. Do so many really care about and need to have bragging rights? Sounds immature to me.

It's because so few of us live alone in caves.

Patfanken:

I seriously don't understand how the region isn't boycotting WEEI now that their new hire was once responsible for one of the biggest lies against the local football team

G'damn, man. You outdid me. Just perfect.

We deserve to enjoy this time.
I woke up early Monday morning anxious to start enjoying the days leading up to the SB. That anticipation began to dissipate before my first bite of Chocolate Cheerios and banana when I first read about this BS. I always DVR the games and watch them again the following day. I haven't even been able to do that and I can't put my finger on why that is. I'm having trouble mustering any desire to watch the sports shows, listen to the radio (although Gresh and Zo and Dale and Holley have helped) or read the newspaper. At this time, I can't even feel any desire to watch the SB, although I think that will change (I hope.). The bastards who have made this the biggest story in America have won. I'm just about done. Congrats to them, they won.

My superbowl run up has been absolutely ruined by all this media slander, I can't even think. I was going to do a post calling out Kraft (not Mr, not Bob, just Kraft), but was heartened to read that Shnessy had done a great one (great minds think alike ;) ). I figured that would help, but by the end of the first page of comments I was STILL so angry I had to stop.

I had to take a drive this morning and looked forward to some superbowl talk on the radio, That lasted about 2 minutes before "deflate-gate" talk drove me to 105.7 for some 60's and 70's music to calm me down
I want to be talking about how to stop the read option, I don't want the hear my team knowingly slandered, have that slander acknowledged, and STILL get slandered again anyway.

There are close to 1500 posts on the "deflate gate" thread, I haven't read a single one. I know they would make my head explode. There are over 200 posts on Shmessy's "letter to Kraft" thread, of which I basically only read his OP (and it was good) So I ask for your indulgence. I'm sure much of what I will write will be redundant, though I hope I can add some insights that haven't been mentioned. But in the end I really need to put this down on paper, so to speak. Today you are all my therapists, and I thank you in advance.

1. I want to put the full blame for all of this directly where it belongs.....take a bow Bob Kraft. So here is MY open letter to Kraft. The one I was going to write before Shmess, beat me to it.

2. Well that made me feel a little bit better. Enough so I can go on. So again allow me to write down what I see "deflate gate as being.

a. According to the arch villain Kravitch, this is how it came down. After the Brady pick at the end of the half, the Colt bench got one of the 12 balls designated to the Pats. Supposedly they noticed the ball was "deflated", a bit. Called attention to the officials, and after the game demanded an investigation, which the league willingly obliged them. :rolleyes:

b. The supposed advantage to the Pats would be to have a better grip with the softer ball

c. In the mean time, our own team is complicit with their silence, and allows to the rest of haters and mediot parasites to speculate at will and slander the team and its fan base at will. Let me know if I left anything out, but I think that's the gist. (BTW- I know all about the "chain of command", etc, but left it out.

3. If someone would give ME the opportunity to respond to this nonsense, I would say the following.:

a. I find it curious that Colts bench would find a significant enough discrepancy in how the ball was inflated, when the officials who CONSTANTLY were handling the Patriots balls throughout the entire first half, and had continuous access to them and NEVER noticed anything wrong.

b. Deflating the ball WOULD make it easier to grip, but as Zolack pointed out very early, it also makes it harder to "spin it". In other words harder to throw a crisp spiral.

c. If the ball was supposed to be an advantage to Brady, how come during the first half Brady had a very up and down game, and in the 3rd quarter AFTER the deception was supposedly uncovered, was 8-8 while they were blowing the Colts out of the game, in an almost flawless 2nd half.

d. Unless it was the officials who noticed the problem, for all I know it was the Colts bench that deflated the ball to deflect attention from the horrid game their team played. (BTW-very successfully so far)

4. The damage is done. I wont't matter a jot, if Roger Goodell comes down tomorrow and fully exonerates the Pats. According to Volin, national media believes that Goodell is in Kraft's pocket, even though the NEXT thing the league does that favors the Pats, will be the first one I can remember. (feel free to point out any others I've missed). Nothing that is said fully clears the Pats or changes people's view of the team.

So instead of admiring in amazement the LONG term accomplishments this franchise has achieved, instead there will be an eternal asterisk that will hover over it all.

5. I am furious of the Kraft's team wide policy of treating anything negative by simply pretending it isn't happening and saying as little as possible. When asked whether the Pats deflated the balls, BB feigned ignorance and deflected. When asked whether the Pats had deflated the balls, Brady feigned ignorance and deflected. Its what they do, where I would have hoped they would answer with a simple "yes" or "no" Now regardless of the outcome, the mediot parasites can simply frame their response by commenting, well they didn't deny it, so there must be some semblance of truth there, not matter how small, so I can now feel free to speculate anything I want, and keep a total non-story in the forefront of the news.

6. What I want to see happen:
a. I want to see Brady, BB and Kraft flat out deny it. Or if they are guilty admit it.

b. I want to see the Colts issue a public apology to the Pats.

c. I want to see Kravitz issue a public apology. Well actually I'd like to see him pilloried at Patriot Place and spat upon by small children. But I'd take an apology

d. I want to see the Irsay and his franchise fined and punished as a warning to other owners who attempt to unjustly slander one of their competitors.....and their fans

e. I want Goodell, Kraft and BB to finally give the full story of "spygate". If it was as we believe
a simple over reaction to BB's arrogance in ignoring the memo, I want it revealed. If the Pats WERE dong something wrong, I want it told. I FINALLY want a full explanation of what what happened and why., Not only are Pats fans due that, the entire league's fan base is. I am truly tired of trying to disprove a negative,.

f. I want Goodell to announce his retirement after the superbowl (well actually I want him unceremoniously, fired and kicked to the curb.) I want this arrogant and incompetent CEO of the league GONE.

6. And since I'm still in rant mode and anxious to talk about football if only for a minute, let me add this. I am ****ING tired of hearing about the great Seahawk defense. We have seen it become rather ordinary every time they've seen a decent offense and good QB. The quality of the QB's and offenses that they have played up until Sunday's game have been well documented on this site, so I won't repeat it.

But I will give you a stat that I heard this weekend that I found quite telling. I was listening when a mediot who was touting the dominance of the Seahawk defense used this stat. Over the last 6 games and the 2 playoff games, the Seahawks' D has allowed just 13 fourth quarter points....combined!

Believe me, I was impressed because that's an impressive number when you think about it. For EIGHT quarters, when the game is on the line the most, 14 combined points is truly an incredible number, right? UNTIL.....this factoid came out, offered, I have to admit by one of the other mediots.

There IS a team that actually has done BETTER than what the Seahawk D has accomplished. There IS another team, who over the exact same 8 fourth quarters managed to hold their opponents to a combined 13 points. :eek: That team, as you probably have already guessed, is our own NE Patriots. And we didn't accomplish our feat playing against rookies, back ups, back ups to back ups, Colin Kapernick, and Cam Newton. We did it playing Flacco, Luck, Rivers, Rodgers, and Stafford (OK we did play Geno, Orton, and Tannihill too, but you get the point. ;) )

7. So when you are out there this week over the internet and fighting the good fight at your local wathering hole, don't let the meidot parasites try and con you into thinking the "Legion of Doom" is the next coming of the 85 Bears, or that the Seahawks are the more physical team because they played in the NFC. Just calmly point how how the Pats actually had the harder schedule and have already played at least 4 games against DL's that were better than what they will be facing in Feb. (maybe more)

8. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. While am still royally bummed out by all this crap, I DO feel better. Now I know why writers write. It does free the soul. Not better enough to read or participate in any "deflategate" talk or threads (though I will respond to comments in this thread), but better.

I'll try to do a "read option" thread, because I know the Seahawks are definitely going to use it. It really was the only thing that worked for them Sunday. I'll try to explain what THEY will be looking to do, and what could work to control, if not defeat it.

Thanks again
I couldn't agere with you more about deflate gate. Every time the patriots win a big game there is always a new "scandle" to deal with we can never just win a big game. The read option on the other hand I think the patriots should be able to handle it. You have 2 weeks to watch as much tape of it as you want. I put my trust in BB and that he will figure out a way to stop it.

That's pretty funny. "I'm not gonna read what y'all have to say about this, but I'm gonna write this massive post about it for y'all to read."

That's pretty funny. "I'm not gonna read what y'all have to say about this, but I'm gonna write this massive post about it for y'all to read."

It's good to blow off some steam about this. A lot of us truly love this team and what it stands for. What the Kraft family stands for. What Bill Belichick's "No BS" stands for. What Tom Brady dispelling the doubters stands for.

Crap like this and Cameragate is like having to watch your child get beaten up in school.

What Patfanken wrote was good therapy, better than 99% of what anyone in professional media can write, and certainly better than my attempt at blowing off some frustration in the other thread.

BB is using his evil mental powers to confuse the SeaGulls with Double passes, ineligible receivers, and tackle eligible receiver plays, never to be seen again.

To further mesmerize them, he has planted stories of under-inflated footballs, and with Aaron Rodgers collusion over-inflated footballs, which will have them inspecting footballs for missing or perhaps extra hot air, in Phoenix.

It's good to blow off some steam about this. A lot of us truly love this team and what it stands for. What the Kraft family stands for. What Bill Belichick's "No BS" stands for. What Tom Brady dispelling the doubters stands for.

Crap like this and Cameragate is like having to watch your child get beaten up in school.

What Patfanken wrote was good therapy, better than 99% of what anyone in professional media can write, and certainly better than my attempt at blowing off some frustration in the other thread.
I have no problem at all with what he wrote, I just thought it was funny that he tells us that he didn't read anything we wrote and then goes on a tear for us to read. It just struck me as funny, that's all.

This is the only time I'm going to talk about this.

I had to get a rental car today while my car is in the shop. The rental has satellite radio and I thought "Sweet! I'll listen to the NFL Radio network!" One of the things I enjoy before a SuperBowl is that YOUR team is always being talked about. There is very little talk of other teams (beside coach changes) and I LOVE IT!! This time, this stupid ball controversy fills the airwaves. Well, screw them.

I've placed all the deflategate threads on ignore. I am going to enjoy this time and I hope the Patriots do to the Seahawks what the Seahawks did to Denver in the SB. I want the Pats to win in an old school epic beatdown and I will laugh all the way through it.pigeon.jpg

No.

He should be on the phone with Goodell demanding a full and fair investigation, the results of which must be publicly and clearly announced before this weekend.

Dismissing it is akin to burning the alleged tapes.

Face it head on and let the truth come out.

Totally agree. I'm really trying to resist getting caught up in the "reports from sources" and heresay but until the nfl announces their findings and results, it is going to dwarf anything related to the game itself.

I just hope they (nfl) disclose the actual chronological events, the specific individuals that were interviewed, the results of these interviews and their determinations based on understanding of facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes