SOURCE:98.5 The Sports Hub

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Idle thoughts - the morning after....

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patfanken, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueThunder

BlueThunder PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +2,844
    Is it time for my Rodney King impression ? ;)

2. Husse

Husse Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +230
    I don't really know why you are trying to say the same thing and arguing over semantics.

3. Ring 6

Ring 6 PatsFans.com Wall of Fame Member

Ratings:
    +7,902
    That question has gone asked and unanswered ever since he joined the board.

4. ayjackson

ayjackson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2
    Well you can see I've been here for seven drafts, and don't have a huge post count, so I don't hang out here that often.

I don't really care how you define "best". I would define it as the player I would draft given a set of available players for my football team. So I mean I think BB drafted the player he thought was the best on his board and was worthy of second round value. But more to the point is that he believed in his scouting reports and should assume that at least a few other rational teams had scouted the player similarly.

5. Gumby

Gumby PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,929
    Boy,

a whole lot of vitriol going towards Ken and Deus and others. (undeservedly imo). Ken - ignore the neg rants in here. Even if I disagree the read is always worth it.

Look its just the draft. By its nature the future of all of these guys is UNKNOWN with no rock solid locks (hell even Luck could get hit by a truck tomorrow and be the next lenny bias pick)

Everyone gets an opinion and a chance to utter nonsense if they like. people seem to be carrying over grudges from previous threads here. (nah, that wouuldn't happen). Folks should try and "learn" a little "forgetfulness" when they click on a new thread. (dump the ram)

Anyway: Tavon thoughts

32 teams - 32 different evaluations (that count; plus the myriad mediots). As some said - all it takes is 1 team with a similar eval and you got to take him when you need to and not when he grades out.

BEST VALUE - not BEST AVAILABLE. I think no one is argueing he was the best available PLAYER. But he very well could be the BEST VALUE TO NE. Particularly the last 2 words there guys. NE always seems to have a slightly differnet evaluation on guys than 28-31 other teams.

If I remember the reports right this guy has a lot of STs work in addition to his backfield versatility. Remember that BB views ST as 1/3 of the football team. Too much of these draftniks get wrapped around evaluations of the 22 STARTER positions (11 O and 11 D). Let alone that with the various 3-4/4-3 fronts & nickle/dimes there are actually at least 14 D STARTER posiitons.

I also read that although the # of trades in rnd 1 like tripled or sometihing; overall the # of trades was almost exactly the same as in previous years. That means that this rookie salary cap greatly encouraged round 1 trades and greatly discouraged later round trades. So it very well could be that BB had no takers at that pick. (But personally I think the San Diego eyeing the guy too theory is the strongest one)

6. kurtinelson

kurtinelson In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +306
    Well put Ken. Watching Reyes go off the board at 49 was like a kick in the balls.

7. livinginthe past

livinginthe past 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +948
    Can you tell us what your evaluations of Reyes and Wilson are and how you arrived at them?

Then you can tell us how they would both fit into this years defensive scheme.

I'd really love to hear this breakdown.

8. Daigle

Daigle Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1
    I would think that alot of people here have trouble with your way of telling people they are wrong. If there is alot of people thinking that, which I think there is considering the amount of negative posts towards you. I think you maybe would benefit from posting an a more polite way.

9. The Boston Patriot

The Boston Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,334

When your opinion is flat out wrong sometimes, expect to be called on it. When you put it out there as often as these two experts do, it's to be expected. Think ESPN-like talking heads and you will understand.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  10. kurtinelson

kurtinelson In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +306
    I think Kendall would have been a fantastic compliment to our D-Line. Check out some of his highlights.

Kendall Reyes vs Pitt (2010) - YouTube

He's strong, athletic, quick, has a high motor and is good in pursuit. He's a beast in the game against Pitt. He's constantly in the backfield. I think he could be an excellent interior pass rusher and I think he has the strength to hold up as a 3-4 DE. I see him as a Mike Wright-type with a possible higher ceiling.

From what I've seen of Tavon, he seems like just another guy. I'm sure he's a high character guy, has a good motor, seems like a good tackler in the run game, but I just don't see what justifies using pick no. 48 on him. Apparently neither did a lot of the scouting community.

Patriots CB/S No. 3 Tavon Wilson vs Northwestern and Ohio State 2011 - YouTube

11. Ring 6

Ring 6 PatsFans.com Wall of Fame Member

Ratings:
    +7,902
    Soon he will pretend that he put you on ignore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.