PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle Thoughts - The "did you expect anything less" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comments:

a.) Didn't read the whole thread...my apologies in advance.

b.) @patfanken , it warms my heart that you still misspell names the same you have for years....if I remember correctly, you never spelled Adam V's name correctly while he was a Patriot :).

c.) Extending Jon Jones was brilliant....with him and Gilly...we have two corner spots locked down for the near future...with a 6'3" corner not even getting many snaps this year in reserve! Not to mention J.C. Jackson!

d.) Folk was a bit shaky, but gets a pass from me for now...considering the weather.

e.) The announcers at one point during the game questioned the absence of the Pats' staple screen game..... I think our opponents are all over it in recent years that McD is calling them less...but we still need to go back to it a bit more if you ask me. White is good for 4-5 yards every time someone lays a good outside block.

I don’t know why they didn’t give Zeke 40 carries. He was killing us and they just went away from him.
Elliots carries

he wasn’t killing us

I think tripping should only be called if the player sticks out his leg really far like a cartoon character and goes “heh heh, got ‘em” when he does it.
Aikman just outed his PatsFans username

Thanks for posting this. I originally thought this was a bit of a bogus call, but this angle clearly shows it was a trip. It also shows that the Dallas OL uses this technique on a regular basis. and why shouldn't they since its so rarely called. IF indeed its true BB alerted the refs to this beforehand, then kudos to him.

No doubt in my mind that bb saw this on tape from previous Dallas games and he sent this to the league office and demanded they assess the issue.

hats off to bb for being detail oriented in everything he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots