2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

I want Tom Brady to _____ in Tampa

• Keep winning big

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • Play well and have fun

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • Be irrelevant (don't really care what he does)

Votes: 16 12.7%
  • Struggle and realize his career is over

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • GF himself

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Ray Lewis killed a man

Votes: 16 12.7%
  • Michael Vick killed the man's dog.

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorito shilling hypocrite

Last edited:
Sorry, I root for the laundry. I will always be greatfull for everything Tom did here, but he decided he wanted to leave, which is 100% understandable. But now he is 100% dead to me and I don't care if he ever throws another touchdown, I won't be rooting for him, and if he plays the Pats I hope they rip his head off.

the only records that matter are wins and losses in both the regular season and the playoffs!

False. Brady is on record saying that he would play longer than P Manning when discussing NFL QB records.

I can find the article if you would enjoy a memory refresher.

Sorry, I root for the laundry. I will always be greatfull for everything Tom did here, but he decided he wanted to leave, which is 100% understandable. But now he is 100% dead to me and I don't care if he ever throws another touchdown, I won't be rooting for him, and if he plays the Pats I hope they rip his head off.

Bill only likes to coach players who want to be Patriots. The last few years it was clear Tom no longer wanted to be here, for a number of reasons. On the other hand, Cam wants to be here and it shows. BIll has nothing but praise for him, which is unusual...

Last edited:
Reactions: sb1
While I have been open about my wish for Gronk to fail miserably, I am conflicted about Brady. He does not owe us anything, he's given so much. I will be 100% jealous if Cam fails and Tom succeeds. I will be bitter. If they both do well, I won't have any issues with him. I will also take some semblance of joy if Cam does well and has a renaissance and Brady struggles. Ha! Shoulda stayed and put up with the Johnny foxboro chit!

So I guess the TLDR version is it depends on how the Pats do.

He's dead to me and if he throws 5 TDs I secretly knew it/hoped for it all along.

Guys, this is a win-win. No matter what happens your Patriots fanhood will become engorged. Maybe some middling performance is a letdown, but a strikeout or a home run will be scored identically.

I’m just still disappointed that all sides couldn’t work this out. There’s no reason Brady shouldn’t still be here based solely on his performance on the field, unless you really expect him to have 2016 numbers with a horrible WR and TE crew and an injured OL. He’s still a top tier QB, even if the “tourch“ really has been passed to Mahomes.

He gave his all and from most accounts seems to be a great human being.

When I watch him in Tampa today, am I going to be happy to see him fall flat on his face? Why would I want to see that happen to a great person who brought us so much joy over the years?

Am I going to be happy seeing him throw for 400 yards, 5 TDS, look like he hasn’t lost a beat with an elite receiving crew, and blowout the Saints? That’ll just make me peeved that the Pats couldn’t accommodate this guy and chose to let him go.

It shouldn’t have come to this.

Bill only likes to coach players who want to be Patriots. The last few years it was clear Tom no longer wanted to be here, for a number of reasons. On the other hand, Cam wants to be here and it shows. BIll has nothing but praise for him, which is unusual...
Praise from BB usually means you're about to get cut.

Hope he kills it. Ended up with him on my fantasy team this year. Tried to get Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray but by the time it got me all that was viable was Wentz and Brady.

Other than that go Cam Newton and the Pats and a tip of the cap to Brady for 6 superbowls in New England. Certainly wont cry if he loses as long as he puts up numbers.

I want him to do well, and stay as healthy as he is able, but under no circumstances can I root for any
other NFL team than the Patriots.

don't really care enough to wish him success or ill will.......he's on another team, same as any other player around the league to me.....sometimes i enjoy watching them make great plays, sometimes i like a little schadenfreude......

i'm a patriots fan.......tommy boy is no longer on the team, and to be honest his last few seasons left a bit of a sour taste.....great run, great memories, next man up.....

Who cares.

We gonna latch onto his accomplishments down there like colt fans did with manning?

Amen and amen.

There is a Patriots game today -- something I scarcely dared hope to see this fall. I cannot and will not care about the freaking Tampa Bay Buccaneers at a time like this.

Feel the same way. Even IF he fails, in TB @ 43 years old, it really changes nothing for his overall legacy. I’m with you : I’m a NE fan and Brady’s success / lack of success in Tampa only affects me if it influences NE’s season (like a head to head matchup).
Disagree. If he fails and somehow the Patriots win a Super Bowl in the next 2 to 3 years while Brady is still in the league, that’s going to change his legacy in a lot of people’s eyes, I think. Not necessarily mine, but it will most assuredly be a taking point for a lot of non-Brady fans when discussing who the greatest QB of all time is.

Disagree. If he fails and somehow the Patriots win a Super Bowl in the next 2 to 3 years while Brady is still in the league, that’s going to change his legacy in a lot of people’s eyes, I think. Not necessarily mine, but it will most assuredly be a taking point for a lot of non-Brady fans when discussing who the greatest QB of all time is.
Those people would have to be major, major haters. To ask a 43 year old, six time SB champ, to do anything more than take the field.........
Almost no QBs in history were still active at his age. He has nothing to prove and anyone who’s even close to objective would agree.

Those people would have to be major, major haters. To ask a 43 year old, six time SB champ, to do anything more than take the field.........
Almost no QBs in history were still active at his age. He has nothing to prove and anyone who’s even close to objective would agree.

Realistically, yes, he's 43 and asking him to win the SB would be a lot for his age. However, he chose to put his legacy on the line by going to the Bucs. And he brought Gronk with him. He could have done what Eli Manning did - retire after playing only for one team. I respect what Eli said and that is "Once a Giant, always a Giant, Only a Giant."

Brady is 43 and is in uncharted territory. If it doesn’t work out in Tampa it won’t change his legacy with anyone.

Not that it will happen but a PED bust would. That would be a kick to the gut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes