PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think AD will be traded for Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll trade for a washed up, broken down player and pay him 4.5M or whatever out of nostalgia? He's worthless...no way they trade for him. They wouldn't sign him if he played for free, let alone 4.5M becaue there's "no cap". No cap doesn't mean you lose your mind.

It's like if the wife says spend as much as you want on a new car, you don't spend 100K used VW beetle, do you?

Guy shoots his way out of town and we reward him? Don't think so. He's done.

And who attempts to play OLB for us? Woods, TBC, Ninko, a re-signed Burgess, Chicken Legs? The worst set of OLBs in football will have become even worse.

Trade AFailus to Seattle if you must, but for as high a draft pick as he can fetch; then just wait for Meion to be released, and get him for nothing but money.

We'll be lucky to trade AD for anything, everyone in the league knows we want him gone. So long as we get to decide where he goes I'll be OK with it. If we get a player who has a decent chance of contributing, especially in a position of need, in exchange I would be ecstatic.

The right to pay either guy more than he's worth is essentially worthless. In particular, AD is a player rep and Branch negotiated hard last time he was at the end of a contract. So both of them have pretty worthless contracts.

Trading worthless for worthless hoping to get lucky makes some sense. AD's worthless contract is worth more to almost any other team than the Pats, because there's a better chance of him reaching an arrangement w/ management. Branch's worthless contract is worth more to the Pats than to most, because of his greater value and comfort w/ Brady.

All this is moot if AD and BB and can magically make up, but that ain't bloody likely. It's also moot if Branch really wants to say in Seattle, where he's lived for some years, despite a rebuilding scenario.

Anyhow, the relative quality of the two players is almost moot.

Last edited:
Broncos TE Tony Scheffler is available for trade - I think I'd prefer him to Branch - although he's a TE his numbers are almost WR like

If AD is going to be cut/traded, I wouldn't mind this at all given that Branch redoes that contract.

I wouldn't give the last pick in the 7th round up to get Branch. He hasn't done anything for years except get injured and lose his form. He is worth nothing at this stage of his career. Its quite possible that Brady and our system make wideouts look better than they actually are, look at all the receivers that have left here for big money contracts and none of them have been outstanding anywhere else with the exception of Gaffney who had a decent first season with the Broncos.

I wouldn't give the last pick in the 7th round up to get Branch. He hasn't done anything for years except get injured and lose his form. He is worth nothing at this stage of his career. Its quite possible that Brady and our system make wideouts look better than they actually are, look at all the receivers that have left here for big money contracts and none of them have been outstanding anywhere else with the exception of Gaffney who had a decent first season with the Broncos.

Who else are we really talking about?

Givens? Had a Career ending injury

Patten? Actually had some success with the Saints

Bethel? Chad Jack? guys who didn't have success with us to begin with

Am I missing someone?

Who else are we really talking about?

Givens? Had a Career ending injury

Patten? Actually had some success with the Saints

Bethel? Chad Jack? guys who didn't have success with us to begin with

Am I missing someone?

I was thinking the same thing, not much of a sample size to go on.

Just to throw a few more names out there, I would say Stallworth was no better in NE than his years previous to NE.

I suppose you could throw Reche into the argument as well, though. He was 'no good' after the Pats, but they got rid of him for being 'no good'.

Last edited:
Make the nightmare stop.

I sure hope not.:enranged:

Cut AD.
Accept the consequences.
Give up any thought of him being worth anything anywhere else.
He must not be a patriot anymore.

Branch.
M'eh

I'd prefer AD and a draft pick to Redskins for Chris Cooley (hopefully not a 2 though the lowest one of our 3 might be the workable option).

Fine with me, even at his current salary.

Give me Branch and a 5th for AD and Maroney

$2.5 on the open market, I'd agree. But I'd give + $1.5 million value bonus for a guy who has already proven he works well with Brady, and $0.5 million for shipping AD out to the NFC West. Bingo, now Branch is worth it. :)

I would hope that we keep Thomas in the division. He sucks, lets play against him twice a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe