PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"I grew up jealously resenting Tom Brady"

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewssix

On the Roster
Reaction score
Football reporter changes his tune after watching Tom Brady at training camp. Here's the start:

Like many non-New England Patriots fans, I grew up jealously resenting Tom Brady for absolutely no reason.

As a die-hard Redskins' supporter, it pained me to see a guy lead a team to so much success over and over again. Sure, I recognized the allure. This is a player who came out of Michigan with average stats and very little interest from NFL teams. Somehow, some way, Brady just kept getting better and better.

I Jealously Resented Tom Brady For No Reason: Everything Changed When I Met Him

Football reporter changes his tune after watching Tom Brady at training camp. Here's the start:

Like many non-New England Patriots fans, I grew up jealously resenting Tom Brady for absolutely no reason.

As a die-hard Redskins' supporter, it pained me to see a guy lead a team to so much success over and over again. Sure, I recognized the allure. This is a player who came out of Michigan with average stats and very little interest from NFL teams. Somehow, some way, Brady just kept getting better and better.

Outstanding. Not surprising in the least and if everyone knew this, there would be no question about why he is so good. It isn't cheating or deflated footballs.

If you ask most haters why they hate Brady they can never give you a solid answer. They always say something like "He's arrogant." or "He's a crybaby.". But when you press them to give specific examples of his supposed arrogance or that he's a crybaby they can't can't come up with anything. Their new excuse is their claim that he's a "cheater". Even though the evidence clearly points to a smear campaign of lies by Goodell and the owners. Not to mention the fact that even if he had doctored footballs it offered no competitive advantage and two teams were "caught" doing it the same year Brady was accused. They did not get punished, just a letter telling them to stop. Aaron Rodgers publicly admitted it and didn't even get a letter as far as we know.

The truth is, they are just jealous. That's why they don't like him. They will use any excuse they can think of, no matter how ridiculous to cover that.

Very cool I suppose that this guy finally saw the light.

Very puzzling why a Redskins fan would be so bitter towards a guy that has essentially no meaningful rivalry or connection to his team.

Last edited:
I dislike Lebron

I think most people do. I want to root for them to win a title for IT and Crowder who just lost his mom. But the idea of LeBron getting another title makes me sick. I'm torn. Going to try to do it anyway. IT deserves my support.

I think most people do. I want to root for them to win a title for IT and Crowder who just lost his mom. But the idea of LeBron getting another title makes me sick. I'm torn. Going to try to do it anyway. IT deserves my support.

IT lost me with his Brinks Truck BS. He'd still be here if he wanted to be.

Great piece and great that he owned it.

Brady is such a machine. When lightning hits a comet. I'm going down with his ship.

back when deflategate first hit I had a non football watching co-worker say she doesn't like Brady cuz he's always yelling at his teammates and slamming his helmet around. Very unsportsman like. I had to give her props cuz while I love psycho Tom and would run thru a brick wall for him I can see how to a casual fan that looks like a temper tantrum thrown by a primadona. Which we all know Tom is the furthest from but at least it was a legit non cheating reason. Glad this guy has seen the light

Very cool I suppose that this guy finally saw the light.

Very puzzling why a Redskins fan would be so bitter towards a guy that has essentially no meaningful rivalry or connection to his team.
What's puzzling? He said why in the article..
I was sour. I was envious. I couldn't understand why the Redskins' struggled so hard to find a capable signal caller and were constantly screwing things up, yet New England had this guy who seems to never fail. Don't talk to me about Tom Brady -- just like everything in Boston -- I don't care and don't want to hear it.

One of my friends hates Brady because he doesn't look like a QB and looks like a model. You can't fix some things.
I work with plenty of non pats fans (many pats fans as well)

For years many would not give him his due credit citing his pretty boy unathletic nature, cheating blah blah.

After the Seahawks win the overall tune has changed a lot, and with the falcons win and great offseason, the song is pretty much "Tom Brady, The Patriots.. and Everyone Else"

I think a large percentage of people who hate him hate him over "The Decision." And for me it's more about the way he did it than the decision he made.

Like I'm supposed to be impressed because some sub-moron had an epiphany ? Hey Buford...maybe next year we'll get you to take a look at a real piece of shyt...ROGER TURDELL. He suckered YOU into Brady hate your whole stupid life. Moron.

When I travel always find large pockets of folks who dislike the Patriots and Tom Brady, when I ask why they refer to some cheater bullshyt or some other nebulous thing.. however are never able to pinpoint why they dislike them..

Then there is the Gisele thing which really clouds the whole subject.. there is some unwritten rule that #12 should not be married to some multimillionaire supermodel??.."if you are lucky enough to win 5 Superbowls, you are lucky enough".. or some other crazy logic. The world has gone dipshyt crazy..

Roger has done a good job at greasing the wheels to stir up bad sentiment towards #12 and the Patriots..

I think a big majority of “haters” dislike him because of the perception that he somehow gets special treatment from refs and he begs for flags when he gets hit. Any informed fan knows better but that’s the perception.

Once again- we have Rodney Harrison’s stupid “skirt” comment to thank for that. :rolleyes:

The advantages of working under one coach, one system, and one playbook can't be minimized. Factor in Brady's tireless work ethic and commitment to the craft.
Equally impressive is his gumby-like ability to survive extreme punishment.
It is almost unexplainable
I look at the guy and wonder how he alone defies the aging process while other men his age begin to go gray, lose hair, and look tired.
Has Brady made a deal with the devil or is the devil no match for the GOAT?
Have TB12 and Super G unlocked the secrets of eternal youth in the Brazilian rainforest only to be found in TB12 Performance Meals
Tom Brady defies .....everything

What's puzzling? He said why in the article..
Did catch that part. Maybe moronic, petty, and childish were the words that would better describe his logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes