PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I got my plate, silverware, and some doggy bags. Now I'm ready for the main course...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You know you were worried

I couldn't feel any worse in a win. Don't understand why we always seem to give up huge leads. Why go we get so conservative? It never friggin works... Fluke pick leads to lucky win. If Manning played with a JV high school team in the NFL he would get them to at least a 8-8nrecord. They dude has made of D look like they don't belong on the same planet with him the last few years and I'm so ****lng sick of it. Change something. Anything. It's sickening.

if you want to see fluke..watch the jets last 3 games. they were on their heels in the end but made their own play..without the qb pressure manning doesnt throw the int.

Go whine somewhere else. They've changed a LOT on the defense. They have 7 players on that defense with 2 or less years of experience who were seeing a majority of the plays.. Expecting them to be perfect is just dumb.. Expecting them to hold Manning scoreless is a fantasy. But they did get 3 picks on him to seal the win. OH, and it wasn't a FLUKE. None of them were.

What an interesting post...Ya sure;you're right its all the new players making the same mistakes as the players of 4-5 years ago. Nothing to do with the scheme or coaching. I'll stand back now...

Re: I got my plate, silverware, and some doggy bags. Now I'm ready for the main cours

31-28 its in the books now.....Pats win ! Colts lose !

I hate for it to end like that. See you in the playoffs.

Yes, it was a great game. And as always you and several other Colts fans made it an enjoyable week here.

I just wish I could have enjoyed the game more instead of having anxiety attacks.:D

Re: I got my plate, silverware, and some doggy bags. Now I'm ready for the main cours

Crow is on the menu........

serve it up boys (and ladies)

Good team effort by the Pats getting stops on D when they needed and moving the ball also with will.

All I can say is I hope we get some people back and push through to the playoffs.

Patriots look like one of the teams to beat this year but nothing that makes me fear playing them again this season.....but this one goes to you all

Congratulations to the Pats

can I give you a guest list from the game thread???

Yes, it was a great game. And as always you and several other Colts fans made it an enjoyable week here.

I just wish I could have enjoyed the game more instead of having anxiety attacks.:D

I was the most positive homer in the game thread NUT ... I did myself proud. :D:D:D

Our defense is young and very poor against the pass. Who didn't know this going into the game?

If they hadn't played so well for so long, who knows what the game could have looked like by the end? They came up big when it really mattered and came away with the win, so I don't see how you can complain. Hopefully they picked up some valuable experience they can use in a playoff game.

We all knew the Colts were going to come to play regardless of injuries, and Peyton is Peyton.

Our defense is young and very poor against the pass. Who didn't know this going into the game?

If they hadn't played so well for so long, who knows what the game could have looked like by the end? They came up big when it really mattered and came away with the win, so I don't see how you can complain. Hopefully they picked up some valuable experience they can use in a playoff game.

We all knew the Colts were going to come to play regardless of injuries, and Peyton is Peyton.

With our offense seemingly clicking on all cylinders like it was, it was our offense that allowed for the D to play well for parts of the game. When the Offense got very conservative and ran into a few 3 and outs it allowed Manning and the Colts to fall into a rhythm that was almost fatal...That's my problem. I hate taking the foot off the gas pedal when the car is running so well...

Crow is on the menu........

serve it up boys (and ladies)

Good team effort by the Pats getting stops on D when they needed and moving the ball also with will.

All I can say is I hope we get some people back and push through to the playoffs.

Patriots look like one of the teams to beat this year but nothing that makes me fear playing them again this season.....but this one goes to you all

Congratulations to the Pats

You gave up with 8 minutes left in the game?

Seriously?

That's sad. I'm as big a Pats homer as there is (other than God In A Gray Hoodie), but I never once thought the game was over until that interception in the last minute. For a guy that had so much confidence before the game started, I can't understand how you could flip flop so much and throw in the towel so soon.

Last edited:

I couldn't feel any worse in a win. Don't understand why we always seem to give up huge leads. Why go we get so conservative? It never friggin works... Fluke pick leads to lucky win. If Manning played with a JV high school team in the NFL he would get them to at least a 8-8nrecord. They dude has made of D look like they don't belong on the same planet with him the last few years and I'm so ****lng sick of it. Change something. Anything. It's sickening.
IT never works? We won.
Are you worried about style points?
It also worked last week, it worked against Miami, Cincy, Buffalo.....

What an interesting post...Ya sure;you're right its all the new players making the same mistakes as the players of 4-5 years ago. Nothing to do with the scheme or coaching. I'll stand back now...
The scheme and coaching that has won more than anyone else?

IT never works? We won.
Are you worried about style points?
It also worked last week, it worked against Miami, Cincy, Buffalo.....

Just adding to what he said...

Bill is playing the odds. Being three scores up with little time left, the odds that we will come out on top is good if we don't give up the big play.

The big run by Brown put a wrench into the plan. And that plan also hinges on the offense converted a couple first downs and eating some clock.

The final 8 minutes did not go according to plan, but the plan is a very good one. And we did win despite of the miscues.

The scheme/plan is going to take hits, but if the players execute Bill's plan - the game is not as close as it turned out.

Last edited:

You gave up with 8 minutes left in the game?

Seriously?

That's sad. I'm as big a Pats homer as there is (other than God In A Gray Hoodie), but I never once thought the game was over until that interception in the last minute. For a guy that had so much confidence before the game started, I can't understand how you could flip flop so much and throw in the towel so soon.

don't forget me ... like the biggest homer the game thread has ever seen.

Yes, good game pats. I almost wished we had just been blown out, I about threw up all my hot wings on the last interception. I wish to god we could get a decent running back, I think brown had .5 yards per carry minus that ONE long run. Any time Peyton gets up around 40~50 throws I know there's gonna be trouble :(

However I'm confident we will both make the playoffs and meet again. Bring on round 2!

I was expecting a close game, and that's what we got. Props to the Colts. Played a gutsy game in spite of some injuries that they had (still think it's overblown, though. But I will give you Collie as a big loss). With that said, the Patriots nearly beat themselves again today. The prevent defense should NEVER be used against Manning. And, for some reason, that's what we rolled out with in the 4th quarter. Otherwise, we should have been up by multiple touchdowns to close the game out. But still, gutsy game by the Colts. They definitely came to play today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft