PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I don't care.I can't stand it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will reserve judgement on how good the Broncos are when they reach the tournament... last year they were anointed early and often, only to crap the bed in the SB...

Congrats to Peyton, greatest regular season quarterback and as a team the Bronco's looked very good...

But today the pundits will be gushing, and wait for the radio talk shows whose theme as how bad the Pats are and how great the Bronco's are, and we could be them if it was not for the idiot BB...

Hey their the Bengals...puhleese. The Pats are a good team.They are no longer an elite team. Just pisses me off how they let the foundation of this team go to hell.

That lies at the feet of Belichick. His drafting and FA signings have been pretty mediocre.
The presence of Tom Brady has covered up many Belichick mistakes and weak drafts.
I'd ask my fellow Patriot fans to take the Broncos, 49'ers and Seahawks rosters and ask yourself exactly how many current Patriot starters could crack those teams starting lineups.
It's not many.

2. What bothered me about the OP was not so much he created the thread. I would have been sahocked if someone hadn't started one. Don't forget we have a sizable number of angry, knee jerk fans, who have the patience of a 3 year old. However I never expected him to try and defend (badly) his position over and over again. :eek:

Can I ask what the F are you watching?????
Are you that much of a fan boy that you can't see the 2014 Pats are lacking big time.

4. How often do we have to be reminded that the NFL is a week to week affair. For THIS week, Denver is clearly the best team in football. However it should be noted that LAST WEEK's "best team in football" lost this week to KC

And all three teams are better than Pats at this point in time.Denver ,KC, SD and the Colts.
For the Pats to get better than all four of these teams, it will mean those 4 teams will have have to get dramatically worse....And thats the AFC. Never mind the NFC.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That lies at the feet of Belichick. His drafting and FA signings have been pretty mediocre.
The presence of Tom Brady has covered up many Belichick mistakes and weak drafts.
I'd ask my fellow Patriot fans to take the Broncos, 49'ers and Seahawks rosters and ask yourself exactly how many current Patriot starters could crack those teams starting lineups.
It's not many.
Jesus . Thank you a voice of reason.

7. Everyone will be "crowning" the Broncos this week and kissing their asses. So what! In fact they deserve it. But no team can win a Lombardi in October.
-----------------------

Ain't that the truth. Just ask the 2007 Patriots how all those weapons, all those records, all those accolades worked out for them.

I think this is likely the correct answer--at least for the most part. Demarius and Julius Thomas are 2 beasts on cheap, rookie pacts. That really makes things easy for them at the moment.

Right- that is part of my thinking, that they lucked out with two players who have monster outputs on rookie contracts, sort of similar to our situation with the two TE's. I am not so sure that it will be possible to retain both and keep Manning here. If we are to judge by history, Manning doesn't take pay cuts, so that will further complicate the situation.

People have to admit this is an impressive DENVER team...anytime you drop 40 on the niners and have a defense that can play tight man to man coverage and generate an above avg pass rush, that is downright scary and probably enough to win you a SB. This year's Denver Broncos are shades of the 94 Niners....they are loaded everywhere...Denver's defense is legit this year. I don't think Peyton needs to carry Denver to win an SB this year. Talib, Ware, Miller and co are certainly more than capable of shutting down the junk we have on offense.

The 49ers may be able to play tight man coverage, but they did anything but it last night. They played mostly off man zone which is text book on how not to play a Manning led team. Nearly every big play by the Broncos were when the 49ers played a soft shell zone trying to keep the play in front of them or the CBs were either lining ten yards off the line or back pedaling off the line.

The way you shut down the Broncos offense is get physical with their receivers on the line. The 49ers never did that last night. Actually they did a handful of times and those plays were unsuccessful for the Broncos.

The 49ers played scared on defense last night and Manning picked them apart.

Manning can't carry a team in the playoffs. The only time he won a SB was when the team carried him.

Brady all he needs is the defense to just make that one stop.

It's amazing to think about the fact Brady is two defensive stops including a helmet catch away from 5 rings.

I think 509 TD will be broken someday by Rodgers, Luck or whoever with the way the rules are now. 5 rings is a record that wouldn't be broken.

Does this honestly prove that Miguel is wrong, and that Denver did mortgage their future for the present? I don't believe that it does.

Every team has important free agents that they need to sign, including us. Denver has a lot more cap space to do it, especially considering the fact that they have 10+ million in available cap space this year to possibly carry over as well; although I would guess that some of that 10 million dollars will be used to tie up Julius or Demarius.

At the moment, they could have as much as 40 million dollars available for 2015. As usual, a player or two from your list will be chosen to be moved on from. Most likely this list includes Wes Welker.

Don't think anyone is implying that Miguel is wrong, much less I. I think the idea of saying that Denver mortgaged their future has to include more than just cap calculation, to include their choice of QB who we know has 1-2 years left, at best and has never taken a pay cut, and the fact that they have spent with an "all-star cast" mentality, and are gambling that very few NLTBE's of those "all-stars" will kick in.

It's not many.
Would that be the same 49'ers and Seahawks teams that choked yesterday?

Would that be the same 49'ers and Seahawks teams that choked yesterday?

Yup the 5-2 Patriots have a worse roster than the 3-3 Seahawks and 4-3 49ers.

No arguments there.

In fact, except for 2007, the Patriots really have never had the best roster.

If all these teams are so much better, whey don't posters root for another team??

Why bother rooting for this second rate team?? There are plenty of seats on other buses...

Just taking a gander at some NFL statistics... the current longest tenured coach in the NFL has the highest winning percentage of all time.. what does that say??? The most losses this team has ever had in this era was 7(since '01)... many teams would love to have 9 wins in any season. We are averaging close to 11.5 wins a season..

Never seen so many fans dissatisfied fans with this 5-2 team, spend some time talking to Minnesota or Oakland fans... they revel in a win as a glimmer of hope, while we revel in wins and playoff scenarios..

Beware of shiny beads...

People also forget that the Jets held the Broncos to 24 points on offense and the Jets have no secondary. That is three points less than the Pats scored on the Jets four days later. And the Broncos had 12 offensive drives vs. 10 for the Pats because the Pats' defense couldn't get off the field. In fact, the Broncos punted almost as many drives (8) as the Pats had drives.

So let's not go overboard on the Broncos based on last night's game. I think they hit the 49ers at the absolute right time.

Yup the 5-2 Patriots have a worse roster than the 3-3 Seahawks and 4-3 49ers.
Seahawks have one bad loss.St Louis. They've beaten Denver and Green Bay both teams better than the Pats right now.
They've lost to the Cowboys and Chargers again both teams are better than the Pats.
Those 4 teams alone that seattle has played has a combined record of 21-6.
Pats have played against NFL teams with a combined 16-26.
So yes i would trade rosters with Seattle.

I can't wait for the media meltdown when winter hits and Peyton's neck bolts tighten up in the cold, cold playoffs so that he tanks yet another "sure thing" year. Broncos tears will taste so salty sweet, just like chocolate covered pretzels.

When this happens, and it will, I hope a topless Welker gets on that white horse of theirs and rides around the field with a fivehead flag waving delightfully in the breeze.

Seahawks have one bad loss.St Louis. They've beaten Denver and Green Bay both teams better than the Pats right now.
They've lost to the Cowboys and Chargers again both teams are better than the Pats.

How long have you been following football?

Are you trying to be ridiculous, or is it a gift?

The Packers are 5-2 getting fewer yards per average on passing and rushing on offense, and giving up more on defense in both passing and rushing. By what objective standard is that better? I would recommend you watch the teams before characterizing them as better or worse.

The only statistic that really matters in the end is playoff wins. The Pats' inept roster was in the AFC championship game with heavy damage. Did you watch enough football last year to remember where the Packers, Cowboys or Chargers were, with the exception of the 2 to 4 new roster pieces added to their starting rosters, at that point last year? What might this suggest about the nature of football and the shiny pennies characterized as elite in making overall rosters better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes