PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I don't care.I can't stand it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
patriots suck...they are never good...denver has 35 SBs the last 4 years. Brady sucks. Team sucks

God why is everyone worried about Denver? Get over it
You're spending too much time on the NY Jets board.

Some comments on the comments:

1. I think that we all can agree that while saying the Bronco's "mortgaged their future to win today" is more hyperbole than than the truth, they aren't in a better place than we are cap wise. We have some key people to sign next year as well, but will be a lot cheaper to sign McCourty, etc, than Thomas and Thomas.

2. What bothered me about the OP was not so much he created the thread. I would have been sahocked if someone hadn't started one. Don't forget we have a sizable number of angry, knee jerk fans, who have the patience of a 3 year old. However I never expected him to try and defend (badly) his position over and over again. :eek:

3. You don't need a masters in History (and I have one) to understand that what teams look like at this stage of the season matters little in January. In 2007, the "best team of this century was blowing through their schedule almost uncontested, but by the time January was come, they had to through a Playoff games and lost in the superbowl.

4. How often do we have to be reminded that the NFL is a week to week affair. For THIS week, Denver is clearly the best team in football. However it should be noted that LAST WEEK's "best team in football" lost this week to KC

5. The thing that will bother me the most about this coming week is that I will have to endure all the ball washing, and adulation thatt Manning is going to get, DESPITE the fact that he is the only big name QB in NFL history to have a LOSING record in the playoffs. (Yeah I know I have no idea whether this, is true or not, but it made me feel better writing it.... And who knows. It could be true. ;) )

6. BTW- Regardless about how the Denver Pats game turns out, good or bad, it will have little to do with what will happen in January if the 2 teams meet.

7. Everyone will be "crowning" the Broncos this week and kissing their asses. So what! In fact they deserve it. But no team can win a Lombardi in October. As to the future of OUR team, we will see. We will speculate, BUT....we won't KNOW!!.
re
8. Congratulations to Peyton for breaking the TD record. He very might be the best regular seson QB in NFL history. However he also might be considered the QB who most consistently disappoints in the playoffs. Both aspects are part of his legacy

Last edited:
People have to admit this is an impressive DENVER team...anytime you drop 40 on the niners and have a defense that can play tight man to man coverage and generate an above avg pass rush, that is downright scary and probably enough to win you a SB. This year's Denver Broncos are shades of the 94 Niners....they are loaded everywhere...Denver's defense is legit this year. I don't think Peyton needs to carry Denver to win an SB this year. Talib, Ware, Miller and co are certainly more than capable of shutting down the junk we have on offense.

People have to admit this is an impressive DENVER team...anytime you drop 40 on the niners and have a defense that can play tight man to man coverage and generate an above avg pass rush, that is downright scary and probably enough to win you a SB. This year's Denver Broncos are shades of the 94 Niners....they are loaded everywhere...Denver's defense is legit this year. I don't think Peyton needs to carry Denver to win an SB this year. Talib, Ware, Miller and co are certainly more than capable of shutting down the junk we have on offense.

Oh look another chicken little troll pops up because the Broncos put up 40 points on a team without their 3 best defenders with 2 rookies playing in their place. A team that doesn't want to play for their coach.

You do realize that this impressive denver team was in a one score game with the jets just last week, right? Had the ball 33 minutes and scored 24 points. Pats had the ball 19 and put 27 on them.

Oh look another chicken little troll pops up because the Broncos put up 40 points on a team without their 3 best defenders with 2 rookies playing in their place. A team that doesn't want to play for their coach.

You do realize that this impressive denver team was in a one score game with the jets just last week, right? Had the ball 33 minutes and scored 24 points. Pats had the ball 19 and put 27 on them.

Ken should thank him. 2 posts after he spells out the problem with this thought process, a poster offers a fine illustration of his concerns.

The Pats are 5-2. The Donkeys are 5-1 and playing the Bolts next week. If the Bolts win, does that make them the 94 Niners, capable of destroying all other teams in the NFL? Precisely how is this Broncos team different than the one the Seahawks embarrassed in the one game that really mattered at the end of last season? You would imagine common sense might temper any response to the regular season Broncos after that thumping. But no. Best . . . team . . . eva.

patriots suck...they are never good...denver has 35 SBs the last 4 years. Brady sucks. Team sucks

God why is everyone worried about Denver? Get over it

Isn't this the website where on a random wednesday people post about Peyton unprovoked for no reason at all?

I always sit on this site saying that very last line in this quote to myself. Not blaming you but it is like common place here to attack Manning for being the biggest QB competition in Brady's era.

It is straight up embarrassing that we have a sizable population of fans that think Brady is anywhere near as good as Manning let alone better than him.

Wow I hope you're drunk because Brady is better than Manning all around and he has 3 SB rings to prove it.

Denver is what I call a boom-bust type franchise like most teams are. They build up a core of young talent through mostly higher draft picks, they then go out and get a few high priced FA and with a good QB they are competitive for awhile but then FA hits, they lose some of their good players, older vets retire, add in unexpected injuries and you go through the bust phase. It's very possible that Elway can keep enough talent around Manning until he retires to give Manning a few more cracks at the SB.

Pats have a different model with what I call the long term excellence model. It's not the, what do I have to do to win it this year but what do I have to do now to have a chance next year and the year after that and 5 years from now. To do this you can't have a Head Coach and GM afraid of losing their job if they have a poor season. We have a great owner in Kraft and Belichick isn't afraid of losing his job so he can make tough decisions that may hurt now but makes the team stronger in the future. It's all about having the strongest team which includes all 53 active, PS and my favorite, Belichick's shadow roster. In a way, Belichick is lucky, he knows he can surround Brady with lesser talent and still be a very good offense. Brady can take mediocre talent and make it look good and good talent and make it look great.

Pittsburgh and Baltimore are two other franchises that come to mind that have this type of model.

Let's get real Denver is much better team on both sides of the ball.
There offense looks leaps and bounds more in sink than the Pats
Hey its the truth.Sorry.
Yeah, they can throw the kitchen "synch" at teams...

1. I think that we all can agree that while saying the Bronco's "mortgaged their future to win today" is more hyperbole than than the truth, they aren't in a better place than we are cap wise. We have some key people to sign next year as well, but will be a lot cheaper to sign McCourty, etc, than Thomas and Thomas.

Not meaning to poke the bear on this one:

How/why are D. Revis and D. McCourty not as important (and close cap wise) as Thomas and Thomas? These could be very close depending on the contractual value. Even if they aren't, it hardly offsets the disparity in available cap space between the two teams.

How do you come to that conclusion if we will have 10 million dollars in cap room, and they'll have 41+ million dollars in cap room (adding the 10 million they can carry over from this year as well)? Obviously these are "soft" numbers that will change, but for the purpose of the exercise, as well as your comment--we can use the available space that is current.

As unpopular as my comment will be, this sounds like nothing more than homer thinking. While I like to consider myself a homer on a lesser scale than some, I have a hard time buying what you're selling. I enjoy the truth as well ;)

Willis was out, Bowman and Aldon Smith are out for a couple of more weeks still, and its a team that on the verge of exploding. 49ers are not the same team they were the last 3 years.

One thing I will say, I think pundits overrated the NFC the beginning of the season. SF, Seattle, NO, Carolina all look like teams that have taken steps back.

How is it that Denver can afford the guys they have on that team vs the Ocean state job lot jags that Brady has to work with on the Pats.

I find your Implications offensive, son.

You can get some really good stuff cheap at Ocean State Job Lot.
harumph.gif

I believe there were more championships left on the field than should have been.

Damn, I hate it when we carelessly leave Championships on the field, all willy nilly. :mad:

Seriously, though...

What would you consider an appropriate number of Championships to've been left on the field? :)

Last edited:
Willis was out, Bowman and Aldon Smith are out for a couple of more weeks still, and its a team that on the verge of exploding. 49ers are not the same team they were the last 3 years.

One thing I will say, I think pundits overrated the NFC the beginning of the season. SF, Seattle, NO, Carolina all look like teams that have taken steps back.

I agree about the NFC West. They seem to be a much weaker division than expected. The Seahawks are 3-3 and losing to far inferior Rams. The 49ers are a mess right now with injuries. When the Broncos played the Cards, they were down to their third string QB in the second half and lost their best defensive pass rushers early in the first.

The Broncos have been fortunate that the quality teams they faced in the NFC have been significantly depleted.

Some comments on the comments:

Some facts.
1.) Revis is going to get a bigger contract than any other free agent on the Patriots or on the Broncos.
2.) Patriots are going to lose cap space this year as Wilfork, Chung, Browner, Amendola, Hooman, play in more games this year than they did in 2013.
3.) Patriots have about $4.5m in NLTBE incentives that are highly likely to be earned and another 1 million that is likely to be earned. Those incentives have to be accounted for.
Source - http://www.patsfans.com/salary-cap/?p=864
4.)If Vollmer plays in over of 90% of the offensive snaps this year, his 2015 cap number goes from 4.5m to 6.75m.
5.) Franchise tag for safeties is more than the franchise tag for tight ends and less than the tag for wide recievers.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...e-tags-position-by-position-projected-numbers

Please support your contention - "they aren't in a better place than we are cap wise." I see it as hyperbole.

Wow I hope you're drunk because Brady is better than Manning all around and he has 3 SB rings to prove it.

01 ~ Terry Bradshaw has 4 Rings.

02 ~ Brady having 3 Rings to Manning's ZERO (we received a Formal Apology for the Ref's blatantly giving the 2006 Championship Game to Manning) does not mean that Brady is vastly Manning's Superior.

03 ~ But he is. :D

Let's get real Denver is much better team on both sides of the ball.
There offense looks leaps and bounds more in sink than the Pats
Hey its the truth.Sorry.

Agree!! While everyone is obsessed with Manning and that offense what I found really impressive is their defense. They were getting sacks and containment on Colin Kaepernick, a QB with more speed and quickness when sleep walking than Tom Brady possesses at full speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes