PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I don't care.I can't stand it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill take the negative rep whatever hit and say it:

Kraft is cheap.

You welcome OP

Let's get real Denver is much better team on both sides of the ball.
There offense looks leaps and bounds more in sink than the Pats
Hey its the truth.Sorry.

I don't agree.......wanna bet??

The Broncos lost to Seattle, but Seattle is awesome. Except for the Bolts, and the Boys and the Rams. But the Broncos are otherwise unbeatable, so hopefully the Pats will forfeit before they get run over by this unstoppable force.

The Niners most impressive game was week 1, followed by 2 losses and dogfights the next 3. I will hold my "why can't we get guys like those" until after the Denver game. I expect the OP's perspective won't change if the Pats happen to leave that game with a win. Fantasy football numbers just not doing it.

Because Denver has mortgaged their future on it. The Patriots haven't. Denver has maxed their cap so they are screwed if someone gets hurt, and they will definitely lose some key players next year.

Don't think they can retain both Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas.. keeping Von Miller will also be an issue because exercising his 5th year option will be a hefty hit on the cap.

I think Welker will be the odd man out- his cap hit doubles after this season.

I don't believe that this is necessarily true, Pats Psycho. I think @Miguel has gone over this a bunch of times, in terms of breaking down the pacts from Denver, and the fact that they really aren't mortgaging their future for the present nearly as much as most people think.

As you mention, they are likely to lose some key members next year, but that happens every year. I personally don't believe it's going to be anything that significant. They won't have Welker. I think they are going to try their damnest to sign both Thomases, and that's one of the reasons why they let Decker walk.

If memory serves correctly, Julius Thomas and Demaryius Thomas are still on their rookie deals. There's two high production, low cost contracts alone.

I think this is likely the correct answer--at least for the most part. Demarius and Julius Thomas are 2 beasts on cheap, rookie pacts. That really makes things easy for them at the moment.

Dude I'd be happy with an offensive and defensive line.

Trying to look at it without bias, I can certainly understand why you feel the way that you do. That said, they are two different organizations with two different approaches. As Ausbacker mentioned, the fact that the 2 Thomases are both on rookie pacts makes things much easier for Denver at the moment. Letting Decker walk and replacing him with Sanders was a good move--as long as Sanders stays healthy.

As far as our OL goes---I think we've seen significant improvement in the past few/several games, even with Devey, Kline, and Cannon in there. Look at it this way: through 7 games last year (when we went to the AFCCG again) the OL had allowed 20 sacks. This year they've only allowed 13 sacks, so there's been a significant improvement from last year alone.

I think we'd all love to see a better DL + front seven. It's unfortunate that Kelly left, as well as Mayo and Siligia getting hurt. Those factors really added to the negative aspect.

I don't believe that this is necessarily true, Pats Psycho. I think @Miguel has gone over this a bunch of times, in terms of breaking down the pacts from Denver, and the fact that they really aren't mortgaging their future for the present nearly as much as most people think..

The deal they gave Talib was an example of them doing so, but if I recall correctly, it's a backloaded deal, so it won't ravage the cap until presumably after Peyton retires.

I think the difference between the Pats and the Broncos, comes down to the fact that the later are committed to winning with Peyton Manning. After he leaves, I fully expect Denver to revert into an average team that will be in rebuild mode until they can find their next QB (their core will still be built around Thomas and Thomas). Now, that's not to say that the Pats FO hasn't tried to assemble a winning team, simply that they have a vision of sustained success that extends beyond the Brady-era. And I believe that this approach that frustrates many on here, since we'd all like to see Brady win his fourth, and a number of people here have doubts about the FO's ability to develop an adequate successor.

Denver has 31.5 million dollars in available cap space for 2015 (at the moment, obviously).

And the following FAs, among others:

- WR Demaryius Thomas
- WR Wes Welker
- TE Julius Thomas
- DE Terrance Knighton
- CB Chris Harris
- RT Orlando Franklin

The deal they gave Talib was an example of them doing so, but if I recall correctly, it's a backloaded deal, so it won't ravage the cap until presumably after Peyton retires.

I think the difference between the Pats and the Broncos, comes down to the fact that the later are committed to winning with Peyton Manning. After he leaves, I fully expect Denver to revert into an average team that will be in rebuild mode until they can find their next QB (their core will still be built around Thomas and Thomas). Now, that's not to say that the Pats FO hasn't tried to assemble a winning team, simply that they have a vision of sustained success that extends beyond the Brady-era. And I believe that this approach that frustrates many on here, since we'd all like to see Brady win his fourth, and a number of people here have doubts about the FO's ability to develop an adequate successor.

I understand your points. I'm just pointing to the fact that Miguel has gone over this a lot, stating that Denver did not mortgage their future for the present anywhere close to what people think.

The advantage Denver has is it was bad in 2008, 2009, 2010, and average in 2011. They had early round draft picks and multiple first round picks in drafts over the 5 years leading up to Manning arriving. This allowed them to draft elite talents like D Thomas and Von Miller. These are players we are never going to draft because we consistently draft at the end of the round.

And our big exception to that rule, Mayo, has been hurt two years straight.

I understand your points. I'm just pointing to the fact that Miguel has gone over this a lot, stating that Denver did not mortgage their future for the present anywhere close to what people think.

Oh I agree. Some people here think that this Broncos team has a 1-2 year window, whilst I believe that it's a bit larger than that (Manning's contract is 5 years if memory serves? As long as he's healthy and doesn't decline dramatically, they can contend until he plays through it). Even after Peyton retires, they'll have a decent receiving core to build off of, presuming they keep both JT and DT.

And the following FAs, among others:

- WR Demaryius Thomas
- WR Wes Welker
- TE Julius Thomas
- DE Terrance Knighton
- CB Chris Harris
- RT Orlando Franklin

Does this honestly prove that Miguel is wrong, and that Denver did mortgage their future for the present? I don't believe that it does.

Every team has important free agents that they need to sign, including us. Denver has a lot more cap space to do it, especially considering the fact that they have 10+ million in available cap space this year to possibly carry over as well; although I would guess that some of that 10 million dollars will be used to tie up Julius or Demarius.

At the moment, they could have as much as 40 million dollars available for 2015. As usual, a player or two from your list will be chosen to be moved on from. Most likely this list includes Wes Welker.

Ill take the negative rep whatever hit and say it:

Kraft is cheap.

You welcome OP

That's not just wrong -- it's stupid. There is no thought of the Pats trying to save on expenses by spending significantly under the salary cap.

Unless your point was that the Pats have too few assistant coaches or something, in which case you should please make that argument.

For the next week all we are going to hear is how great and god like Manning is! I want to throw up.
Only consolation ( a small one ) is that this record will be broken in a few years the way the rules have changed. He will cry like a baby when that happens and I will pay a million dollars to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back