PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I don't care.I can't stand it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patradomous

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
How is it that Denver can afford the guys they have on that team vs the Ocean state job lot jags that Brady has to work with on the Pats.
Do you think Denver has lot of money under the cap?
There are 4 teams in the AFC better than the Pats right now and there is no excuse for it.

0txPSrk.gif

Your thread is a bit ridiculous, but I have to admit I'm really getting pissed watching this Denver team knowing how they were built with big name FA's which disgusts me.

The Forehead.
Ex Patriots Welker and Talib.
Almost Patriot Emmanuel Sanders.
TJ Ward, the guy that will likely be aiming for Gronks ankles in a couple weeks.

It's like they built an anti Patriots squad lol

Their big money FAs aren't even making the big impacts. Von Miller is also only making $3mm this year as opposed to $9mm next year.

The 49ers defense is also ravaged by injuries.

Your thread is a bit ridiculous, but I have to admit I'm really getting pissed watching this Denver team knowing how they were built with big name FA's which disgusts me.

Thanks for making my point. I guess its not so ridiculous after all.
Why the hell isn't the Pats matching dime for dime for players of Denver's calibur? Especially when you have a spending cap?

Please point me to their big money offensive weapons.

Oh there aren't any, whoops. The highest priced receivers are Welker and Sanders, which Bill just brought in LaFell who is giving as good of production for less money.
Obviously we know the Welker situation, they have Edelman, again on less money and better production.

Thanks for making my point. I guess its not so ridiculous after all.
Why the hell isn't the Pats matching dime for dime for players of Denver's calibur? Especially when you have a spending cap?

Because Denver has mortgaged their future on it. The Patriots haven't. Denver has maxed their cap so they are screwed if someone gets hurt, and they will definitely lose some key players next year.

Don't think they can retain both Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas.. keeping Von Miller will also be an issue because exercising his 5th year option will be a hefty hit on the cap.

I think Welker will be the odd man out- his cap hit doubles after this season.

Manning can't carry a team in the playoffs. The only time he won a SB was when the team carried him.

Brady all he needs is the defense to just make that one stop.

How is it that Denver can afford the guys they have on that team vs the Ocean state job lot jags that Brady has to work with on the Pats.
Do you think Denver has lot of money under the cap?
There are 4 teams in the AFC better than the Pats right now and there is no excuse for it.
The advantage Denver has is it was bad in 2008, 2009, 2010, and average in 2011. They had early round draft picks and multiple first round picks in drafts over the 5 years leading up to Manning arriving. This allowed them to draft elite talents like D Thomas and Von Miller. These are players we are never going to draft because we consistently draft at the end of the round.

TJ Ward, the guy that will likely be aiming for Gronks ankles in a couple weeks.

It's like they built an anti Patriots squad lol

Hopefully gronk just steps his head into the ground when he tries

Let's get real Denver is much better team on both sides of the ball.
There offense looks leaps and bounds more in sink than the Pats
Hey its the truth.Sorry.

yes, I agree: as of today, Denver looks awesome on both sides of the ball.

That said, I am planning to wait until Nov and am really not bothered about who is looking great now. Weren't the Bengals thought to be awesome just recently before they played us? And today they were shut down by the Colts.

Still early IMO to be bothered about style points or how we look now. As Ken mentioned in his Jets post game thread, we played our B game and still beat the Jesters' A game.

Hopefully we look good in Nov/Dec and in the playoffs - and SB :D - and our play on both sides of the ball is much better than now. :)

Last edited:
Weren't the Bengals thought to be awesome just recently before they played us? And today they were shut down by the Colts.

Hey their the Bengals...puhleese. The Pats are a good team.They are no longer an elite team. Just pisses me off how they let the foundation of this team go to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes