SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Bengals
Sun
Dec 15th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Another Tough One
The Patriots fought until the end but just came up short during a frustrating loss to the Chiefs on Sunday.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

I Could Use Your Thoughts and Prayers

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsBoy12, Oct 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. patriot1136

patriot1136 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,569
    Don't give up

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mountain_Commando

Mountain_Commando Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,140
    I've had clinical depression myself. Been through some terribly tough and trying times.

Here's my honest and earnest advice:

1. Trust medicine. I honestly wouldn't be alive today, were it not for the treatment I underwent. There's too often a stigma AGAINST medication (anti-depressents specifically). Know that there is decades worth of hard science that supports modern, alopathic medicine. There are tons of different drugs (of different types) out there. Find a good doctor and try them out, takes a while to work out the best combo. DON'T write it off, it's your best shot.

2. DON'T GIVE UP! The world can be a crappy place, but there's always good to find, and there will always be people who love, support, and need you. Fight this, fight for your right to be happy. You're a Pats fan, look to Bill and Brady for inspiration. Those two never give up, and they earn their victories. Go out and fight for your life, and never give up, everyone and everything else be damned.

I wish you the very best!

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Canuck

Canuck Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +934
    Hang in there, it can get better. I too suffered severe depression about 14 years ago. It took enormous energy to do the simplest task, at times I couldn't talk. I hate doctors with a passion but a friend made a doctor's appoinment for me and it led to my recovery. The doctor explained that my brain was low on a certain chemical and he prescribed an anti-depressant. We experimented with doses until we got it just right and I was able to function again. He also said that diet and exercise were key components to battling depression.
    Also social interaction, get out there with friends and family and try and have fun. He also said having a pet helps but I never got one. I still suffer from depression from time to time but I no longer take pills for it. I just exercise more, eat better, get out of the house and do things and it goes away but if it ever gets too bad I know I can go get help.

Hang in there, go see a doctor. Depression is an illness that can be treated. Don't give up. You did a great thing today. Reaching out for help is a hard thing to do but it's a step in the right direction to getting well.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.

PS: 6 months after I started on my way back to recovery, I signed up to do a tandem jump out of an airplane.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. dprats2

dprats2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48
    Patsboy, hang in, read the heartfelt posts....the support you have here is vast and deep... many of us are familiar with your struggle. It can get dark, reach out, don't face it alone. Each and every day, no matter how hard, say to yourself: We're on to tomorrow...

Thoughts and prayers are with you....even from some fans of other teams over tonight. We're pulling for you!

(So many supportive posts.... Thank you Ian for creating this, and all of the supporters and members for being part of a truly wonderful community.)

• Like Like x 3
  5. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,280
    Prayers on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +9,202
    I wanted to check in one more time with you all tonight to say that I have spoken to a few of you and PMed some of you already. I have decided to PM each of you individually (and there's nothing you can do about it LOL) to express my gratitude. I have found strength in the words that you all have left for me. The support from this board has been insane (in the best way) and I did not expect it. Just take this as my very public thank you, and know that I will be responding privately in the coming days. You ALL have blessed me tonight more than most of you will ever realize. Not only do I have an awesome team and coaching staff, but I have an awesome forum to run to and take refuge. I'll stop here before I get emotional again. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to EACH of you. I'm a lucky guy tonight.

• Winner Winner x 27
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Joey007

Joey007 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +17,914
    No one knows what it's like to be in your shoes. It's not always something that's easy to simply get past, I know that. Just keep your head up. My Prayers are with you, man.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 37Harrison

37Harrison 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +391
    Patsboy12... just take a look at this thread. All these people, myself included, wishing and praying for nothing but the best for you. I hope you see the love people, even strangers have for you. Life is a special gift and can be extremely difficult for everyone. Take these posts , print them out and when you are fighting for positivity read our posts to you. God bless and you are worth it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +6,730
    Keeping you in a prayer tonight. Depression is such a a misunderstood condition by so many. It took me awhile to understand my favorite cousin because he is the funniest person in the room and you would never think he was depressed.

Keep up the good fight and stay as positive as you can.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Interception

Interception Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +292
    I have struggled with depression too. I think one of the worst things about it is that the only way to fix it is to get up and do things to try to improve your situation, but depression sucks out all the motivation to do those things. It's a catch-22.

To me it always seems like words don't stop the pain. People can say nice things but it's up to you to make yourself happy at the end of the day. It is so nice to have support and love though, isn't it? I think that support and love helps me make myself happy. When you can't find the motivation in yourself to get up and do things, use the love and support you get in place of the motivation. You've gotten plenty of it here tonight, it seems.

I'll be praying for you. Don't give up!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  11. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30,056
    I am so happy to hear these messages found their mark. There is a lot of bad in the world but there is also a lot of good. You found that today in relative strangers simply because you reached out hoping for it. PLEASE keep reaching out for the good, whether it be friends, family, professionals or just anyone. The more you try to find the good the more you will find.
    Finally I think it is important to note that what you asked for was prayer. Perhaps you can find more positives by using prayer yourself. I won't make this religious but in a very real way you received an answer to a prayer today. Keep fighting for you!!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  12. yopats

yopats Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +463
    @PatsBoy12 .. praying for you my friend! Jesus says in John 8:12 " “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Ratings:
    +8,896
    As I said, hopefully if nothing else you know you're not alone and now you know we're all just a bunch of misfits - but we'll make it through if we all just stick together :cool:

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Dr Pain

Dr Pain In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,760
    Thinking of you and take care.

15. n6249c

n6249c In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,922
    (Aside to Ian: thanks for leaving this on the main board. Good call!)

PatsBoy, one more supporter here. Can't be there for you, but I'm here for you if you ever need a friendly voice, or want to reach out, your PMs will be welcome. Lots of good advice already, I'll echo the value of exercise, nutrition, etc. from personal experience. One other suggestion, as hard as it may seem when you are struggling, try to help others. When you start giving back you may find you have more to give than you ever realized, and that can help grow some strong positive energy for yourself. You've got a lot of us sending you our energy, find a way to pay it forward. And tell us how you're doing, not just that but the ups and downs you'll inevitably experience. I'm praying there will be more ups than downs. Best to you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Bledsoehasaring

Bledsoehasaring Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +956
    Hey patsboy12..my best friend since i was 5 suffers from depression. He was/is a raging acoholic.. The love of his life died in his arms due to a herion overdose... he went to 15 different rehabs and lost so many jobs.. But 5 years ago he took anibuse to stop drinking and found anti depression meds that worked for him. I know he still struggles with depression, but man has he turned his life around. patsboy he was so close to ending it all so many times and things vastly improved for him. He has a wife, a good job, and kids that adore him. Hang in there buddy.. Things will get better. You are in my prayers and i believe in you. You can fight this and win.

• Winner Winner x 3
  17. JR4

JR4 In the Starting Line-up PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +177
    PB12, will be praying for you. Maybe medicine can help. Maybe talking to the right person can help.
    Since you asked for prayer it seems you believe in God, creator of all that is, that hears and responds
    to prayers. If so, you are right. If you could at any time stop what you are doing or thinking and sense
    the presence of your creator you would know in that moment how much God loves you. Just stop thinking,
    be silent, believe and be aware of God's presence. Close your eyes, take a deep breath and let the white light of God's presence and His great Love fill every part of your being. Trust in God's love for you and as the song
    goes:
    "and He will raise you up, on Eagles wings, bear you on the breath of dawn , make you to shine like
    the sun and hold you in the palm of His hand"

PatsBoy12, God has a purpose for your life. Commune with your Creator often in this way and there is no valley so deep that you and God can not find away through it.
    I have and will pray that His great Love will surround you and comfort you so that you will come to know that the greatest companion a person can have is with you.
    Jim

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. SoCal Patriot

SoCal Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +7
    You had the strength to make this post. You asked for God's intervention. I hope you take the overwhelming responses as a sign of His (and our) love for you. We can only support you but only the Good Lord can understand you. Thankfully you believe in him because he is our only true Savior. I have asked for his help in many dark times and He has never let me down. Continue your Faith and Trust fellow fan. Message me offline if you feel the need, we are all here for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. chumpchange

chumpchange Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +755
    Bud, don't go it alone--call your doctor and get medication to help. That's the first and most fundamental thing to do. You'll get through this; just be wise and take that help when people offer it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. edkk323

edkk323 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,393
    I know that feeling. I really do. I thought about suicide when I was 12. The constant violence within my family was/is tough to defend.

It is so hard to find the energy to do anything. It is so hard to not feel the guilt/shame to mention this illness. It is so painful to be joyless.

MAN! I can say this. You finding the courage to speak out and to seek help is a GREAT sign.
    I found joy in watching Pats game. I truly do. Catching every Pats game while be in China is not easy. Thx god that Pats are the most popular team around the globe and some Chinese sites can stream legal HD feed free of charge.

Hanging there. I always remind myself that if my life ends now, all the FKING suffering and struggles are meaningless. So I am determined to make something out of these bullshXt. Hope you do the same.

• Like Like x 1