SOURCE:USA TODAY

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Chiefs
Sun
Dec 8th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Tough Loss
Sunday night's loss in Houston was tough, leaving the Patriots with questions heading into this week's showdown against the Chiefs

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

I Could Use Your Thoughts and Prayers

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsBoy12, Oct 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +9,198
    Good morning! I made it through the night and am alive and somewhat well this morning. It's primarily on the strength of my mother and YOU ALL. Man, I just never imagined the kind of support that I got from you all. I really didn't . . . not even when I made the thread. I've said it already, but I'll say again how truly, deeply, genuinely, insanely (LOL) thankful I am that I have five pages and more PMs than I can count from people who never had to take the time to say anything but did anyway. I wish I could repay all of you and maybe this is my small token of gratitude.

Anyway, I will be back later today. I have to leave for work today, but I will have a positive mindset knowing that I have a forum, no, an army of people behind me to hold me up and push me forward. I have not always been this way, and I'm fighting to get back to the man I used to be years ago . . . or as close to him as possible. I've always been liked. I've always been well-known. I've always treated people right. I think back to 2009 when I found this forum and have been thinking that maybe yesterday was the reason. So thank you thank you thank you for the kind words. You all will start seeing some PMs later today and throughout the weekend as I begin to respond to each of you. NO cookie-cutter copy paste **** either. Each response will be unique. That's how much I really appreciate you all.

• Like Like x 20
    • Winner Winner x 9
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +5,373
    Patsboy12

May God grant you the serenity to accept the things you can not change
    Courage to change the things you can
    And the Wisdom to know the difference.

May God bless you always!

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. MitchKumstein

MitchKumstein Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3,074
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you patsboy. I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been said by the amazing members of our patsfan community. While this is supposedly a message board to talk about football, it's awesome to see that it can be used for things that are way way more important than football

Also, while the messages posted here will no doubt help, I implore you to take a look at the information posted by Haley if you already haven't. The people there can surely help.

Best wishes patsboy

• Like Like x 3
  4. rainmaker

rainmaker Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +69
    That's awesome, Patsboy12. Keep positive and stay strong. Your Patriots and Patriot Nation need you to keep up the good fight so that you can be there when they hoist up the Lombardi and finish the revenge tour with one for the thumb!

• Like Like x 3
  5. BlueThunder

BlueThunder PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +2,765
    PB12,

Glad to see you are in an up mood... Prayers coming your way to help you thru those dark times.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned in the many posts of support above, but adopting a dog as a pet has helped many vets that suffer from PTSD. I have always had a pet by my side throughout my life and can attest to their unconditional love for their master. The breed you choose is up to you but the bond you form will help you thru some rough times.

Just remember " Dogs have Masters and Cats have Staff" :)

Hang in There !!

BT/aka Dave

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Onedaful

Onedaful Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,051
    Keep positive my friend! Stay strong and keep moving forward. Everyone is here for you, keep that in mind.

• Like Like x 3
  7. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +6,237
    Stay strong man. Like others said, we are your family and we're here for you. If you someone to talk to or anything at all feel free to contact me.

• Like Like x 3
  8. abdul7

abdul7 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +644
    Dear PB12 ,,i came on late last night to read as usual any update on my beloved Patriots and also to read all the great posts on here with my 'Family' from far aways not only the US but from other parts of the World.
    After reading yours , i must be honest i did have a few tears and said a prayer for a brother i do not know.
    I may be from a different culture and blessed with my faith Islam and far far from you ,,but as your brother in this beautiful life we live in ,,i must try and say a few words as best as i can here.
    Please don't be sad,,Life is shorter than you think.
    Find your Lord because Faith is the greatest remedy.
    One of the foremost experts in psychology of our time, Dr. Carl Jung mentioned on page 264 of his book
    " The Modern Man In Search Of Spirit"
    " Over the last 30 years, people from all over the world have come to me seeking advice. I treated hundreds of patients and most of them were middle-aged or more than thirty five years old. The problem with every one of them returned to one issue,,,,,,,,,seeking refuge in religion , and by doing so, being able to have a perspective or outlook on life. I can reasonably say that every one of them became sick because they missed out on that which religion has to offer to the believer. AND THE ONE WHO DOES NOT DEVELOP A TRUE FAITH CANNOT BE HEALED "
    Brother find your Lord and remember ALLAH will always reward you. GOD BLESS YOU.
    You have a GREAT family here . I just know one thing ,,,Our Tommy will keep you happy for sure this Season. Salam and prayers from BAHRAIN

• Like Like x 9
  9. RelocatedPatFan

RelocatedPatFan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +6,249
    PB12, glad to see you are keeping strong.

Stay Well.

10. Crononaut

Crononaut 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +857
    Hey PB12, only seeing this this morning, but great to hear you are in better spirits today.

As has been said by everyone, this community is full of support and I have no doubt believes in you unequivocally. You are always a level-headed, quality poster in the Game Day thread, and we need as many of those as we can get!

Hope each day keeps looking brighter than the last.

• Like Like x 3
  11. SacPete1

SacPete1 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +325
    Hang in there PB12. I don't pretend to know what you're going through but I can share with you that my wife recently left me and I'm having such a difficult time trying to understand why and the reality is I may never understand.
    I just try to get through each day and find something in that day that makes me smile, gives me hope.

On another note, bravo to all of you that responded with your support and encouragement. With all the ugliness reported around the world, its very encouraging to see the genuine caring displayed here.

• Like Like x 9
  12. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,965
    Yeah, in an unintended way, PB12 helped make a nice contribution to the board.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +6,237
    Was gonna say the same thing. We have many reasons to be proud as pats fans, but reading this thread makes me feel as good as any. Great people all over this thread.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Reckedtrek

Reckedtrek In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +811
    You're right PB12, it IS a good morning! When I logged in at PatsFans this morning I hoped to see that you had as well, and I am glad you're here and are doing better today. Sometime soon (soon, as in not next month), please make some calls and locate a good support group, therapist, counselor and/or some other resource/people that can help you minimize (in frequency and severity) and then eliminate those times of feeling hopeless, at least as much as possible.

Never underestimate the impact you have on other people's lives, even if it's just talking football!

Be well!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bobs My Uncle

Bobs My Uncle PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +842
    Impressive ....... this thread is.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. shmessy

shmessy . PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26,766

I was thinking about that this morning.

In a way, maybe WE should be thanking HIM.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,764
    Glad you are feeling better today. I will keep the positive vibes coming your way. Lots of good people on here.

18. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,135
    Have a great day, buddy. And a greater weekend.

I'll tip one or ten back in your honor.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SVN

SVN PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +15,130
    Thoughts and Prayer's with you. Each day is a new day. Keep it positive and be around people you love ...and us.

20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +5,373
    When others need our help, it's a blessing to us if we can help.

Helping others can help with depression. It takes the focus off our problems and makes us realize we don't have it that bad.

Pay it forward as much as we're able.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1