Next Up: vs Raiders
Pick Results: LAS: 1.9% at NE: 98.1%
Sun
Sep 27th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

reamer

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Hi Patsfans,

This thread will probably be moved shortly (I hope it's allowed to stay for just a day at least), but it's a bit of a serious post and I need some prayers. Obviously this is a sports forum and all, but without getting into too much, I have been in an ongoing bout with depression. I have been getting counseling and everything, but the thoughts of ending it are back and they're strong. I have really enjoyed being on the board talking Patriots with all of you very much. I guess I just wanted to reach out to those of you who pray and ask that you please pray for me. I don't know where my journey will end up and I'm trying very hard to fight and stay positive, but things are rough for me at the present time in a lot of different ways. Please send some words up in prayer for me as I continue to try to make sense of some of the things that have happened and some of the present difficulties I am having.

I hate to put up such a sad thread and all, but I just needed to "verbalize" this and my usual outlets are unavailable to me at this time. I hate that I have to reach out in this fashion, but I didn't know what else to do in my present state of mind. It was the only thing I could do to keep from doing something worse. I thank you all for giving me a place of refuge to talk only Patriots, which is one of the few things in my life that I still enjoy.
You've got my prayers, friend. Keep your chin up! You need anything, you let us know.

kennyb

In the Starting Line-Up
I've been depressed before. You may wang to get on antidepressants they work for many. Fish oil (omega 3s) help too, really.

One thing that helped me was just getting out of my own head. Do something where you're part of a team, volunteer, do anything that makes you feel useful. I'd clean my house to cheer myself up...makes you feel useful. Anything to avoid being trapped in your own head ruminating on things. Maybe try to set long term goals....you'll be too busy to get sucked into depressive thinking.

It's hard to that ehen you're depressed. It does help though imo.

Wordsmyth

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Hi Patsfans,

This thread will probably be moved shortly (I hope it's allowed to stay for just a day at least), but it's a bit of a serious post and I need some prayers. Obviously this is a sports forum and all, but without getting into too much, I have been in an ongoing bout with depression. I have been getting counseling and everything, but the thoughts of ending it are back and they're strong. I have really enjoyed being on the board talking Patriots with all of you very much. I guess I just wanted to reach out to those of you who pray and ask that you please pray for me. I don't know where my journey will end up and I'm trying very hard to fight and stay positive, but things are rough for me at the present time in a lot of different ways. Please send some words up in prayer for me as I continue to try to make sense of some of the things that have happened and some of the present difficulties I am having.

I hate to put up such a sad thread and all, but I just needed to "verbalize" this and my usual outlets are unavailable to me at this time. I hate that I have to reach out in this fashion, but I didn't know what else to do in my present state of mind. It was the only thing I could do to keep from doing something worse. I thank you all for giving me a place of refuge to talk only Patriots, which is one of the few things in my life that I still enjoy.
Understood. From a guy with anxiety/depression issues, I feel your pain.

If you're on meds, keep them up. Maintain the counseling--it's crucial. Helped save my life too.

Check in with us as often as you feel comfortable. You have some kindred spirits here. :)

Brian

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Hi Patsfans,

Hey man, keep on keeping on okay. I know it can be rough sometimes. Listen, I am not one for praying but here is what i can say. If you are really really depressed and religion is a source of strength for you maybe you should talk to someone at your church. I don't know the exact faith you are but I am sure a Priest/Pastor/whatever would be more than willing to hear you out and help you.

If that does not appeal maybe you should talk to a professional. Psychology doesn't have the stigma it use to and for good reason. I am sure many people on this board use them and could perhaps even recommend one to you.

If the above 2 options do not appeal then you can always just talk to me. Feel free to send me a private message and we can talk on the phone or we can probably arrange a face to face if you want like to talk over a meal about some of the things going on in your life. No questions asked.

Last edited:

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
I'm an atheist, so you're getting no actual prayers from me. Well wishes and thoughts on the other hand -- you're getting lots of those. :)

I'd add that, except in narrow situations (terminal illness, inescapable torture by evil governments, etc.), there always are better solutions than suicide. You don't like your future? OK, then enjoy the next day, and don't worry about the future until tomorrow. You can't think of anything that seems likely to make your life better? OK, try one of the unlikelier alternatives. Maybe it works. Maybe it helps you think of something else. You can't make yourself happy? OK, then make somebody else happy(ier) instead. Etc.

AzorianPats

In the Starting Line-Up
Sending thoughts and prayers your way Patsboy12. Depression is a terrible disease.

Sometimes our mind and thoughts can be our worst enemy. I know this. Its important to remember, that at times we might feel isolated and alone, but that's never true. Just look at all the support you've gotten here. People do care about you, never think otherwise.

I know your going to get thru this. The fact that you came here, looking for help proves that. Always remember, tough times don't last, tough people do, and your gonna get thru this. This whole community believes in you!

robbomango

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Hi Patsfans,

Hang in there Patsboy, life can be quite painful at times. I hope you have people that love and care about you around in such bad time and if you need anyone to chat with or drop me a PM. My thoughts and prayers go out to you brother.

Much love and may God bless you
-Rob

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
Good luck man I'm sure your make it through it, talking to a counselor wouldn't be a bad idea by any mean. We're all here for you as well. Just try to enjoy the Patriots being the best team in football again :).

Ivan

Hall of Fame Poster
Where there is life there is hope. Sorry you are going through tough times but that is also an opportunity to gain understanding in who you want to be and start figuring out how to get there? Not saying it's easy but most have to go through a low period to understand what really matters then and figure out how to live in accordance with those priorities. The only way out is by taking complete responsibility for your life and take action to make each aspect of it better. No one ever gets ahead by blaming others.

Good luck, you can do it, no doubt.

resdubwhite

In the Starting Line-Up
PatsBoy12.
Don't. Just please don't.
I also have issues with anxiety and depression.
please feel free to talk to me at any stage. I am only too aware of how hard it can be. To a degree. I've been there. I've worn the hat. I've hidden the sadness. I've got on. I've had nasty thoughts.

Recovery is hard. But it is possible. Its bloody hard. BUT IT IS POSSIBLE.

something I remember is a little piece I picked up from a movie a short while ago. Hasn't left me. Don't think it ever will. But its apt.

anyway, I robbed the quote from IMDB. but here you.

"
My therapist told me story, true story, about this guy who survived jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge.

Jess: It's an anecdote, not strictly a story.

JJ: The moment he jumped, he realized that the only thing in his life he couldn't fix was the thing he'd just done. I mean, can you imagine those 5 seconds as he fell. The agony of that. Well, to me, it feels like I fell without falling, because of you guys. I had my 5 seconds up on that roof, and not in the air. "

some things can't be undone. but there are lots that can.

please at any stage, if you'd like to talk over Private message. feel free to talk. I can offer you whatever I've learnt from my experience.
Hang tough. We need everyone we can get to defend the wall.

dales804

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Hope you're reading all the posts in this thread, @PatsBoy12, and seeing how even people on a message board care about you. Stay strong, man, and try to reach out to as many people as you can that care about you. At the very least, know that we are here for you.

scott99

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Pats boy 12, you have all of our prayers. My father had clinical depression and an ex gf whom I still love very much has it as well. Please take this thought with you, you touch many people in your life. You may not think so, but you matter very much. To your family, friends, and people you've met everywhere along your life path. Just by living you've touched people's lives and continue to, and your interactions with others, can actually make a major impact in people's lives. You need to realize how important you are to many people, because you are, including all the wonderful people here at this message board. We need your contributions on this message board every day, and people in your life need you.

jmt57

Staff member
Hang in there @PatsBoy12

I realize that is tougher than I can imagine. I just lost a friend a month ago to this; I know that it is an overlooked and misunderstood illness. Please understand that you have more friends that are on your side in this battle than you realize.

Best of luck to you in this very difficult struggle.

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Hi Patsfans,

Brother I have dealt with that crap. Sometimes you have to take a "day off" from the BS. Sometimes you have to do something for you. Hang out with a good friend. Read a book. Anyways something that is good for you. Posting this like you have is awesome.

Life has a funny way of paying you back. There is someone in the future who will need your support that you may have not yet met. They will need you to understand what they are going through and you will be able to help them simply by understanding their situation. That will happen and you will feel good about it.

Anyways bro. Take a deep breath and reflect on all the cool things you have or have been a part of.

I know personally two things you can call a positive in your life. 1. Tom Brady is our QB and 2. Ryan Fitzpatrick is not. :D

• Winner
Reactions: Ian