SOURCE:USA TODAY

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Bengals
Sun
Dec 15th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Another Tough One
The Patriots fought until the end but just came up short during a frustrating loss to the Chiefs on Sunday.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

I Could Use Your Thoughts and Prayers

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsBoy12, Oct 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TomPatriot

TomPatriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,541
    I only have one tiny thing to add to the bounty of beautiful posts. We are your Patriot brothers and sisters.

• Like Like x 3
  2. reamer

reamer Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +15,754
    You've got my prayers, friend. Keep your chin up! You need anything, you let us know.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SuperStang83

SuperStang83 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +743
    I'll be praying for ya bud! Hang in there, we'll get through this.

• Like Like x 2
  4. kennyb

kennyb In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +958
    I've been depressed before. You may wang to get on antidepressants they work for many. Fish oil (omega 3s) help too, really.

One thing that helped me was just getting out of my own head. Do something where you're part of a team, volunteer, do anything that makes you feel useful. I'd clean my house to cheer myself up...makes you feel useful. Anything to avoid being trapped in your own head ruminating on things. Maybe try to set long term goals....you'll be too busy to get sucked into depressive thinking.

It's hard to that ehen you're depressed. It does help though imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Wordsmyth

Wordsmyth PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,563
    Understood. From a guy with anxiety/depression issues, I feel your pain.

If you're on meds, keep them up. Maintain the counseling--it's crucial. Helped save my life too.

Check in with us as often as you feel comfortable. You have some kindred spirits here. :)

Brian

• Like Like x 8
  6. BobDigital

BobDigital Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,456
    Hey man, keep on keeping on okay. I know it can be rough sometimes. Listen, I am not one for praying but here is what i can say. If you are really really depressed and religion is a source of strength for you maybe you should talk to someone at your church. I don't know the exact faith you are but I am sure a Priest/Pastor/whatever would be more than willing to hear you out and help you.

If that does not appeal maybe you should talk to a professional. Psychology doesn't have the stigma it use to and for good reason. I am sure many people on this board use them and could perhaps even recommend one to you.

If the above 2 options do not appeal then you can always just talk to me. Feel free to send me a private message and we can talk on the phone or we can probably arrange a face to face if you want like to talk over a meal about some of the things going on in your life. No questions asked.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  7. Fencer

Fencer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +5,134
    I'm an atheist, so you're getting no actual prayers from me. Well wishes and thoughts on the other hand -- you're getting lots of those. :)

I'd add that, except in narrow situations (terminal illness, inescapable torture by evil governments, etc.), there always are better solutions than suicide. You don't like your future? OK, then enjoy the next day, and don't worry about the future until tomorrow. You can't think of anything that seems likely to make your life better? OK, try one of the unlikelier alternatives. Maybe it works. Maybe it helps you think of something else. You can't make yourself happy? OK, then make somebody else happy(ier) instead. Etc.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AzorianPats

AzorianPats In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,662
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way Patsboy12. Depression is a terrible disease.

Sometimes our mind and thoughts can be our worst enemy. I know this. Its important to remember, that at times we might feel isolated and alone, but that's never true. Just look at all the support you've gotten here. People do care about you, never think otherwise.

I know your going to get thru this. The fact that you came here, looking for help proves that. Always remember, tough times don't last, tough people do, and your gonna get thru this. This whole community believes in you!

• Like Like x 1
  9. anditsgood

anditsgood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,510
    Prayers sent, jdubbs.

Ill keep this short.

What ever you do, reachout and reachout some more, just dont be your worst enemy, and dont be afraid to tell yourself to shut up.

God Bless

• Like Like x 3
  10. robbomango

robbomango PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,364
    Hang in there Patsboy, life can be quite painful at times. I hope you have people that love and care about you around in such bad time and if you need anyone to chat with or drop me a PM. My thoughts and prayers go out to you brother.

Much love and may God bless you
    -Rob

• Like Like x 4
  11. patman52

patman52 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +538
    Best of luck with your struggle. I will remember you in my prayers.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Froob

Froob Independent Investigator & pliable af PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34,930
    Good luck man I'm sure your make it through it, talking to a counselor wouldn't be a bad idea by any mean. We're all here for you as well. Just try to enjoy the Patriots being the best team in football again :).

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ivan

Ivan Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +24,094
    Where there is life there is hope. Sorry you are going through tough times but that is also an opportunity to gain understanding in who you want to be and start figuring out how to get there? Not saying it's easy but most have to go through a low period to understand what really matters then and figure out how to live in accordance with those priorities. The only way out is by taking complete responsibility for your life and take action to make each aspect of it better. No one ever gets ahead by blaming others.

Good luck, you can do it, no doubt.

• Like Like x 3
  14. resdubwhite

resdubwhite In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,232
    PatsBoy12.
    Don't. Just please don't.
    I also have issues with anxiety and depression.
    please feel free to talk to me at any stage. I am only too aware of how hard it can be. To a degree. I've been there. I've worn the hat. I've hidden the sadness. I've got on. I've had nasty thoughts.

Recovery is hard. But it is possible. Its bloody hard. BUT IT IS POSSIBLE.

something I remember is a little piece I picked up from a movie a short while ago. Hasn't left me. Don't think it ever will. But its apt.

anyway, I robbed the quote from IMDB. but here you.

"
    My therapist told me story, true story, about this guy who survived jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge.

Jess: It's an anecdote, not strictly a story.

JJ: The moment he jumped, he realized that the only thing in his life he couldn't fix was the thing he'd just done. I mean, can you imagine those 5 seconds as he fell. The agony of that. Well, to me, it feels like I fell without falling, because of you guys. I had my 5 seconds up on that roof, and not in the air. "

some things can't be undone. but there are lots that can.

please at any stage, if you'd like to talk over Private message. feel free to talk. I can offer you whatever I've learnt from my experience.
    Hang tough. We need everyone we can get to defend the wall.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. dales804

dales804 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,609
    Hope you're reading all the posts in this thread, @PatsBoy12, and seeing how even people on a message board care about you. Stay strong, man, and try to reach out to as many people as you can that care about you. At the very least, know that we are here for you.

• Like Like x 2
  16. scott99

scott99 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +5,339
    Pats boy 12, you have all of our prayers. My father had clinical depression and an ex gf whom I still love very much has it as well. Please take this thought with you, you touch many people in your life. You may not think so, but you matter very much. To your family, friends, and people you've met everywhere along your life path. Just by living you've touched people's lives and continue to, and your interactions with others, can actually make a major impact in people's lives. You need to realize how important you are to many people, because you are, including all the wonderful people here at this message board. We need your contributions on this message board every day, and people in your life need you.

• Like Like x 3
  17. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +8,629
    Hang in there @PatsBoy12

I realize that is tougher than I can imagine. I just lost a friend a month ago to this; I know that it is an overlooked and misunderstood illness. Please understand that you have more friends that are on your side in this battle than you realize.

Best of luck to you in this very difficult struggle.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Tony2046

Tony2046 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +33,766

Brother I have dealt with that crap. Sometimes you have to take a "day off" from the BS. Sometimes you have to do something for you. Hang out with a good friend. Read a book. Anyways something that is good for you. Posting this like you have is awesome.

Life has a funny way of paying you back. There is someone in the future who will need your support that you may have not yet met. They will need you to understand what they are going through and you will be able to help them simply by understanding their situation. That will happen and you will feel good about it.

Anyways bro. Take a deep breath and reflect on all the cool things you have or have been a part of.

I know personally two things you can call a positive in your life. 1. Tom Brady is our QB and 2. Ryan Fitzpatrick is not. :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Tony2046

Tony2046 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +33,766
    • Like Like x 2
  20. jlu52

jlu52 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +224
    I am sorry for your troubles and struggle. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and wish for some happiness and peace to be able to be found on your journey.

• Like Like x 3