Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs Raiders
Pick Results: LAS: 1.9% at NE: 98.1%
Sun
Sep 27th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Halifax_Pats_Fan

In the Starting Line-Up
A lot of us never have and probably never will meet each other on this board but here you ARE part of a community.

You are one of us.

Two of my favorite life motto's:

1) One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.
2) Live in Day-Tight Compartments

...you got this..

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Patsboy 12, please keep in mind that those of us who have posted here will be glad to hear a response from you, as soon as you are ready.

Also hope that you have other supportive groups, face-to-face if possible, where you can share what's happened here and give everyone a boost from it. The isolation of depression is the most powerful part.

Personally, I'm on an airplane for the next 20 minutes or so, and will then check back in this space later tonight after getting home.

We need your help fighting the real evil - the NFL front office!

farn

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
...I have been checking periodically since I first read this. I see that other members have done the same. We are a type of community.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
I have not gotten to read through all of the responses yet, but I just wanted to take a moment to say that I truly truly truly do appreciate each and EVERY one of you. Honestly, I just made the thread because I didn't know what else to do, and the support has been the BIGGEST thing to me. Some of you do but most of you don't understand how dark it can get sometimes. The words that I have read today have really inspired me.

Even as I type this I am overcome with emotion. But you all have given me some strength and I am so f-ing DEEPLY thankful. To know that there are people on this board that are even willing to give me their phone numbers . . . I mean, I just can't even put it into words how much you all have strengthened me to go on at least another day. So anyway, I'm still here and couldn't be more thankful. The Patriots do keep me happy and I think that's in part why I always say it's a privilege to root for this team and I am thankful I found the board many years back. I have always tried to be a good contributor and will always try to be no matter what happens.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Patsboy12, I will pray for you.

In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, amen.

Lord, please send an angel to Patsboy12. Shine Your Light on the darkness in his life, and give him Your Sword and Shield to defeat the devils attacking him. Give Patsboy12 the eyes to see and ears to hear how wonderful and precious this life is, and how many people here and in his life care about him. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Hoodie

In the Starting Line-Up
I have not gotten to read through all of the responses yet, but I just wanted to take a moment to say that I truly truly truly do appreciate each and EVERY one of you. Honestly, I just made the thread because I didn't know what else to do, and the support has been the BIGGEST thing to me. Some of you do but most of you don't understand how dark it can get sometimes. The words that I have read today have really inspired me.

Even as I type this I am overcome with emotion. But you all have given me some strength and I am so f-ing DEEPLY thankful. To know that there are people on this board that are even willing to give me their phone numbers . . . I mean, I just can't even put it into words how much you all have strengthened me to go on at least another day. So anyway, I'm still here and couldn't be more thankful. The Patriots do keep me happy and I think that's in part why I always say it's a privilege to root for this team and I am thankful I found the board many years back. I have always tried to be a good contributor and will always try to be no matter what happens.
Good to hear from you. People have listed great resources. Please take advantage.

robertweathers

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Hi Patsfans,

This thread will probably be moved shortly (I hope it's allowed to stay for just a day at least), but it's a bit of a serious post and I need some prayers. Obviously this is a sports forum and all, but without getting into too much, I have been in an ongoing bout with depression. I have been getting counseling and everything, but the thoughts of ending it are back and they're strong. I have really enjoyed being on the board talking Patriots with all of you very much. I guess I just wanted to reach out to those of you who pray and ask that you please pray for me. I don't know where my journey will end up and I'm trying very hard to fight and stay positive, but things are rough for me at the present time in a lot of different ways. Please send some words up in prayer for me as I continue to try to make sense of some of the things that have happened and some of the present difficulties I am having.

I hate to put up such a sad thread and all, but I just needed to "verbalize" this and my usual outlets are unavailable to me at this time. I hate that I have to reach out in this fashion, but I didn't know what else to do in my present state of mind. It was the only thing I could do to keep from doing something worse. I thank you all for giving me a place of refuge to talk only Patriots, which is one of the few things in my life that I still enjoy.
No matter the forum. Email, sports fans sites or other social media platforms, reaching our for support is totally ok.

I hope you can work through your current situation and not give in. The world is a better place with you.

As others have said, I hope you have a support system locally that you can lean on.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Patsboy12, I must have posted right when you were!!! LOL Great to hear from you and good on you for asking for prayers. That's the biggest trap we can fall into sometimes... thinking we have to do it all alone. Or that we ARE alone. And you, my friend are NOT alone.

Lavictoire

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Sent up a prayer for you. If they have you on psych meds look into getting off them as the side effects could be causing this.

ForThoseAboutToRock

In the Starting Line-Up
Totally in your corner & sending best wishes & prayers to you bud!

You've shown great strength in reaching out, here, there, anywhere. Don't for a second doubt your ability to persevere through this challenge!

PatsFanSince74

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Not much I can add to what others have said, other than that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

patsfan13

Hall of Fame Poster
PatsFans.com Supporter
Sounds like you have had resources that have helped in the past, reach out to them, they want to help. I have always been a half full guy, so I can't fully appreciate what you are dealing with. I do hope you can find a way to get through and get the help you need.

RxJock1120

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I can honestly tell you that my life has also hit a major rough patch, causing me to be awake for up to 5 days straight, as well as a litany of other problems.

Seeing what kind of effect we can have on people and the prospect of this for the future has really helped me get through a lot. At times we have no idea who's life we touch and in what profound ways. Always remember that there is purpose in our life, even if we can't see it and even if see it but forget.

All problems are fleeting, but all success is eternal. There is always hope and triumph in the future. All the best to you, I will certainly keep you in my prayers!

Reckedtrek

In the Starting Line-Up
Patsboy12, mental illness including depression is an illness. It can be treated and managed just like most other illnesses. Get help and talk to someone, and find ways to express your feelings that are not self destructive, such as music, art, and/or exercise. I know many, many people who have dealt with depression and other mental illnesses as it is related to what I do professionally and it has touched me personally.

Please consider two things
1- You are not alone in this challenge. Many people who have dealt with this go on to be the best sources of help you can (or maybe right now, can't) imagine!

2- Most people who consider or commit suicide really don't want to die, they want the pain/suffering to end, but they don't know how or think they have the ability to address the root cause.

I enjoy your posts here on Patsfans, and hope you are around a very long time to keep your posts coming. And I'm sure I'm not alone. And neither are you. I'll be watching for your updates! Be well.

-David

nabwong

Vice President of Boycott NFL Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Hey there

I can't imagine what you are going through. My grandma went thru serious depression when my granddad died and her faith was a stabilizing force. You are in my prayers. You are welcome to reach out to me if I can help in anyway. May God give you the strength to keep fighting.

Patriotic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
My wish for you, Patsboy12, is that all the love put forward in this thread lifts your spirit to a special place. Reading these posts has certainly lifted mine. God Bless and stay strong!

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Patsfans,

This thread will probably be moved shortly (I hope it's allowed to stay for just a day at least), but it's a bit of a serious post and I need some prayers. Obviously this is a sports forum and all, but without getting into too much, I have been in an ongoing bout with depression. I have been getting counseling and everything, but the thoughts of ending it are back and they're strong. I have really enjoyed being on the board talking Patriots with all of you very much. I guess I just wanted to reach out to those of you who pray and ask that you please pray for me. I don't know where my journey will end up and I'm trying very hard to fight and stay positive, but things are rough for me at the present time in a lot of different ways. Please send some words up in prayer for me as I continue to try to make sense of some of the things that have happened and some of the present difficulties I am having.

I hate to put up such a sad thread and all, but I just needed to "verbalize" this and my usual outlets are unavailable to me at this time. I hate that I have to reach out in this fashion, but I didn't know what else to do in my present state of mind. It was the only thing I could do to keep from doing something worse. I thank you all for giving me a place of refuge to talk only Patriots, which is one of the few things in my life that I still enjoy.
Just got home from work and saw this thread, and I'm definitely glad you took time to reach out. I've been in your shoes and I know what it's like to battle through what you're dealing with and I still deal with it at times even now, so I understand what you're going through. I'm definitely around if you need to talk, whether it's via DM or whether you'd also like to call me (I'll DM you my # if you'd like). I'm not any different than anyone here, and growing up I endured seeing my mom go through 5 divorces and lived through other situations that certainly messed me up, and I almost narrowly didn't make past that. But you need to know that people care about you, even if you feel differently.

Part of why I put this place together was for the community and relationships that I've been fortunate to have here and we're all an extended family. So please know that I'm definitely here if you need someone to talk to, much like you're seeing from others. But I would definitely encourage you to also pick up the phone and call the 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255) number as there are people there if you'd prefer someone a little more neutral. But definitely know that you're not alone and many of us know how you're feeling, and we're definitely here for you.

venecol

The FRG has a little ****
PatsFans.com Supporter

Good to hear from you man. The support on this forum is strong and positive. Now please try to avoid the negative thoughts. You have an entire life ahead of you. My wife works at hospice and deals with people that are dying every day, people that don't want to die but that unfortunately have terminal illnesses. You are blessed that is not your case. What you are going through has a remedy or it can at least be controlled. You my brother just have to do your job. Stay safe.