SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Bengals
Sun
Dec 15th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Another Tough One
The Patriots fought until the end but just came up short during a frustrating loss to the Chiefs on Sunday.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

I Could Use Your Thoughts and Prayers

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsBoy12, Oct 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,405
    A lot of us never have and probably never will meet each other on this board but here you ARE part of a community.

You are one of us.

Two of my favorite life motto's:

1) One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.
    2) Live in Day-Tight Compartments

[​IMG]

...you got this..

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Bobs My Uncle

Bobs My Uncle PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +842
    I echo the thoughts and prayers of others in here, PB.

If you haven’t yet, please consider Niacin therapy. It works miracles for many who suffer from depression and anxiety. Grab hold of the book “Niacin the real story” by Dr. Hoffer.

Also, head on over to http://spasticgoat.com/food-health/niacin-depression-cure/ and read all the way down into the comments section.

• Like Like x 1
  3. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,977
    Patsboy 12, please keep in mind that those of us who have posted here will be glad to hear a response from you, as soon as you are ready.

Also hope that you have other supportive groups, face-to-face if possible, where you can share what's happened here and give everyone a boost from it. The isolation of depression is the most powerful part.

Personally, I'm on an airplane for the next 20 minutes or so, and will then check back in this space later tonight after getting home.

We need your help fighting the real evil - the NFL front office!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. farn

farn Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +9,823
    ...I have been checking periodically since I first read this. I see that other members have done the same. We are a type of community.

5. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +9,203
    I have not gotten to read through all of the responses yet, but I just wanted to take a moment to say that I truly truly truly do appreciate each and EVERY one of you. Honestly, I just made the thread because I didn't know what else to do, and the support has been the BIGGEST thing to me. Some of you do but most of you don't understand how dark it can get sometimes. The words that I have read today have really inspired me.

Even as I type this I am overcome with emotion. But you all have given me some strength and I am so f-ing DEEPLY thankful. To know that there are people on this board that are even willing to give me their phone numbers . . . I mean, I just can't even put it into words how much you all have strengthened me to go on at least another day. So anyway, I'm still here and couldn't be more thankful. The Patriots do keep me happy and I think that's in part why I always say it's a privilege to root for this team and I am thankful I found the board many years back. I have always tried to be a good contributor and will always try to be no matter what happens.

• Like Like x 21
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. oldrover

oldrover "You're gonna have to serve somebody..." PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27,896
    Patsboy12, I will pray for you.

In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, amen.

Lord, please send an angel to Patsboy12. Shine Your Light on the darkness in his life, and give him Your Sword and Shield to defeat the devils attacking him. Give Patsboy12 the eyes to see and ears to hear how wonderful and precious this life is, and how many people here and in his life care about him. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
  7. Hoodie

Hoodie In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,188
    Good to hear from you. People have listed great resources. Please take advantage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +76,500
    No matter the forum. Email, sports fans sites or other social media platforms, reaching our for support is totally ok.

I hope you can work through your current situation and not give in. The world is a better place with you.

As others have said, I hope you have a support system locally that you can lean on.

9. oldrover

oldrover "You're gonna have to serve somebody..." PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27,896
    Patsboy12, I must have posted right when you were!!! LOL Great to hear from you and good on you for asking for prayers. That's the biggest trap we can fall into sometimes... thinking we have to do it all alone. Or that we ARE alone. And you, my friend are NOT alone.

10. Lavictoire

Lavictoire Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +921
    Sent up a prayer for you. If they have you on psych meds look into getting off them as the side effects could be causing this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ForThoseAboutToRock

ForThoseAboutToRock 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,632
    Totally in your corner & sending best wishes & prayers to you bud!

You've shown great strength in reaching out, here, there, anywhere. Don't for a second doubt your ability to persevere through this challenge!

12. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,319
    Not much I can add to what others have said, other than that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,853
    Sounds like you have had resources that have helped in the past, reach out to them, they want to help. I have always been a half full guy, so I can't fully appreciate what you are dealing with. I do hope you can find a way to get through and get the help you need.

14. RxJock1120

RxJock1120 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +770
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. I can honestly tell you that my life has also hit a major rough patch, causing me to be awake for up to 5 days straight, as well as a litany of other problems.

Seeing what kind of effect we can have on people and the prospect of this for the future has really helped me get through a lot. At times we have no idea who's life we touch and in what profound ways. Always remember that there is purpose in our life, even if we can't see it and even if see it but forget.

All problems are fleeting, but all success is eternal. There is always hope and triumph in the future. All the best to you, I will certainly keep you in my prayers!

• Like Like x 3
  15. neuronet

neuronet Homer Little PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,377
    Not without doctor supervision.

It is a REALLY dangerous to just stop taking meds without medical supervision.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Reckedtrek

Reckedtrek In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +811
    Patsboy12, mental illness including depression is an illness. It can be treated and managed just like most other illnesses. Get help and talk to someone, and find ways to express your feelings that are not self destructive, such as music, art, and/or exercise. I know many, many people who have dealt with depression and other mental illnesses as it is related to what I do professionally and it has touched me personally.

Please consider two things
    1- You are not alone in this challenge. Many people who have dealt with this go on to be the best sources of help you can (or maybe right now, can't) imagine!

2- Most people who consider or commit suicide really don't want to die, they want the pain/suffering to end, but they don't know how or think they have the ability to address the root cause.

I enjoy your posts here on Patsfans, and hope you are around a very long time to keep your posts coming. And I'm sure I'm not alone. And neither are you. I'll be watching for your updates! Be well.

-David

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. nabwong

nabwong Vice President of Boycott NFL Club PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +13,244
    Hey there

I can't imagine what you are going through. My grandma went thru serious depression when my granddad died and her faith was a stabilizing force. You are in my prayers. You are welcome to reach out to me if I can help in anyway. May God give you the strength to keep fighting.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Patriotic

Patriotic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +77
    My wish for you, Patsboy12, is that all the love put forward in this thread lifts your spirit to a special place. Reading these posts has certainly lifted mine. God Bless and stay strong!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Ratings:
    +8,942
    Just got home from work and saw this thread, and I'm definitely glad you took time to reach out. I've been in your shoes and I know what it's like to battle through what you're dealing with and I still deal with it at times even now, so I understand what you're going through. I'm definitely around if you need to talk, whether it's via DM or whether you'd also like to call me (I'll DM you my # if you'd like). I'm not any different than anyone here, and growing up I endured seeing my mom go through 5 divorces and lived through other situations that certainly messed me up, and I almost narrowly didn't make past that. But you need to know that people care about you, even if you feel differently.

Part of why I put this place together was for the community and relationships that I've been fortunate to have here and we're all an extended family. So please know that I'm definitely here if you need someone to talk to, much like you're seeing from others. But I would definitely encourage you to also pick up the phone and call the 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255) number as there are people there if you'd prefer someone a little more neutral. But definitely know that you're not alone and many of us know how you're feeling, and we're definitely here for you.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. venecol

venecol PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,513
    Good to hear from you man. The support on this forum is strong and positive. Now please try to avoid the negative thoughts. You have an entire life ahead of you. My wife works at hospice and deals with people that are dying every day, people that don't want to die but that unfortunately have terminal illnesses. You are blessed that is not your case. What you are going through has a remedy or it can at least be controlled. You my brother just have to do your job. Stay safe.

• Winner Winner x 1