PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How would you rate the 2018 draft for Pats?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady's replacement has not yet been signed or drafted.
You are most likely correct. Danny Etling will be given every opportunity available to succeed. I posted in another thread some articles about the serious work he has put in the last few months to improve his mechanics. On the other hand he may be unemployed sooner than later.

You are most likely correct. Danny Etling will be given every opportunity available to succeed. I posted in another thread some articles about the serious work he has put in the last few months to improve his mechanics. On the other hand he may be unemployed sooner than later.

There's no crystal ball, and there's certainly no glory in declaring a 7th-rounder unlikely to succeed. I mean, if you're in the "bold predictions" game, saying he'll be a startling surprise is where the real money is. That is, unless you've mastered double-talk to the point where you can leave enough wiggle room one day, reverse yourself the next, then explain a convoluted conspiracy theory later that made you right all along in everything you said... the draft is a crap-shoot. The 7th round is especially crap-shooty.

yes, of course. I don't why anyone would be confused. Obviously, some want to nitpcik.

Wasn't nitpicking just trying to figure out what you were saying. especially since they have a backup and they picked a QB in the draft

Brady's replacement has not yet been signed or drafted.

Is it shorter to Des Moine or by bus? Your statement makes just as much sense with this question as it did with the question you quoted. :rolleyes:

There's no crystal ball, and there's certainly no glory in declaring a 7th-rounder unlikely to succeed. I mean, if you're in the "bold predictions" game, saying he'll be a startling surprise is where the real money is. That is, unless you've mastered double-talk to the point where you can leave enough wiggle room one day, reverse yourself the next, then explain a convoluted conspiracy theory later that made you right all along in everything you said... the draft is a crap-shoot. The 7th round is especially crap-shooty.

I agree regarding the crystal ball and in fact will give all of our draft picks the benefit of the doubt.

You, sir, have just flunked Draftnik 101!
Whaaat? I do not claim to be a Draftnik. I am open minded. You will have a hard time finding a post from me that has too much griping in it and you will have a hard time finding a post from me that features too much gloating. I said in another thread that we must respect the process.

Regarding QB Danny Etling I hope he does succeed and has a long career here. It is in his hands not any poster on this message board.

So you are right when you state that none of us have a crystal ball and you are right to say that I am not an expert on college players careers. You nailed me. :eek:

Whaaat? I do not claim to be a Draftnik. I am open minded. You will have a hard time finding a post from me that has too much griping in it and you will have a hard time finding a post from me that features too much gloating. I said in another thread that we must respect the process.

Regarding QB Danny Etling I hope he does succeed and has a long career here. It is in his hands not any poster on this message board.

So you are right when you state that none of us have a crystal ball and you are right to say that I am not an expert on college players careers. You nailed me. :eek:

:D I meant it as a compliment.

To me, Draftnik means that tribe of fans that invades this time of year, combined with local savants, sometimes with interesting/useful information, other times with opinions they've been saying for going on 20 years, in the face of phenomenal success from a team that has gone another direction for going on 20 years... who are nonetheless still put out that their preferences aren't satisfied.

Then there are people who are even more ignorant than me, about something that we are all ignorant about, by design.

So please do not take it as derogatory if I say you've flunked Draftnik 101 :)

Is it shorter to Des Moine or by bus? Your statement makes just as much sense with this question as it did with the question you quoted. :rolleyes:

My statement makes plenty of sense in response to your post.

LT was a need or OL. Wynn hopefully pays of this season.

Sony. NE is a RBBC team. I guess was would be more fitting because do you really want a 1st round pick sitting on his axx?

The Smurf CB. Ok he is fast. What's going to happen when defenses match a 6 - 4 WR on him?

The QB doesn't sound too threatening to Brady. What the QB draft look like in 2019?

C draft grade.

I give our draft a solid “b”.

Wynn will be our starting left tackle. Brown will be our starting right tackle after cannon gets hurt yet again.

Michael and Berrios will be a weapons on offense and/or special teams.

Dawson will be our slot corner. Although truth be told, there were at least three or four better corners on the board when we picked Dawson.

Sam could end up as our 2019 starting will.

The udfa that intrigue me the most is Atkins.

Plus we got 2019 picks!

I regularly purchase some food at the grocery store year round. I often, but not always, purchase bread, etc., from our local bakeries. I often, but not always, purchase meat from one of our local farms. In season, I often purchase produce at our local farmer's market.

IOW, I acquire the food I need from several different sources.

If someone were to review only what I purchased at the farmer's market, and then criticized my "grocery shopping" because I didn't get everything they thought I needed from that one source, I'd think they were either insane or utterly stupid.

I regularly purchase some food at the grocery store year round. I often, but not always, purchase bread, etc., from our local bakeries. I often, but not always, purchase meat from one of our local farms. In season, I often purchase produce at our local farmer's market.

If someone were to review only what I purchased at the farmer's market, and then criticized my "grocery shopping" because I didn't get everything they thought I needed from that one source, I'd think they were either insane or utterly stupid.
Well, if you needed meat and went to the butcher, went to the deli, went fishing, went hunting, and then finally went to the grocery store and you still don't have any meat, I would call you both insane and stupid for not getting meat at the grocery store

There were some great choices made (at least on the face of it) and some highly questionable decisions. Either way, we won't know for sure for 2-3 years. They did target positions of need (LB, RB, OL).

:D I meant it as a compliment.

To me, Draftnik means that tribe of fans that invades this time of year, combined with local savants, sometimes with interesting/useful information, other times with opinions they've been saying for going on 20 years, in the face of phenomenal success from a team that has gone another direction for going on 20 years... who are nonetheless still put out that their preferences aren't satisfied.

Then there are people who are even more ignorant than me, about something that we are all ignorant about, by design.

So please do not take it as derogatory if I say you've flunked Draftnik 101 :)
That is ok. Most of us are here to learn. :);):confused::cool::D:eek::oops:

Its not often that one reads allegory in a sports fans forum, we are not worthy Maineman209! :D

Well, if you needed meat and went to the butcher, went to the deli, went fishing, went hunting, and then finally went to the grocery store and you still don't have any meat, I would call you both insane and stupid for not getting meat at the grocery store
9c9.gif
:D

If you buy ****ty bread, no context is needed to point out that you bought ****ty bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes