PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How would you feel if one of the Pats wore the hat of another NFL team?

Colin Kaepernick not retreating over Dolphins cap flap - NFL - Sporting News

Apparently Colin feels its not a big issue,Some 49ers fans do.

Let me ask you guys...how would you feel if Brady wore another NFL teams hat?

We know Red sox fans were whining and complaining a few years ago when Brady had a Yankees cap on...how about an NFL team.

Personally I think a player,especially an high profile QB and paid to be the leader of his team should refrain from other teams apparel from the same league while he is employed,its disrespectful.

However if Wilfork for example wore a Flyers or Rangers/Islanders cap instead of a Bruins cap,I would not have a problem with it

Its odd. Has he fully explained it besides "it's no big deal"?

I've never, ever, seen or heard of this happening before.

A Celtic or two -- I want to say Kedrick Brown -- wore throwback Lakers jerseys into the locker room. That didn't go over well with teammates ...

Not okay in my book. You can wear any other league's hat and that's fine and dandy but you better not be wearing other NFL team's gear.

I agree, but I'll allow for the grumpily wearing it because you lost a bet bit. You know, "Mark Sanchez raised more money for the Child Fund than me, so I gotta wear a, (spit), Jets cap - and it burns."
Edit: Upon reading this thread, I'll add the support for a tragedy and Halloween things.

And if Brady wore a, say, Dallas Cowboy hat I think Romo would be concerned.:)

I don't personally really care. On the other hand nothing good can come from it. It's possible nothing at all comes from it but let's say San Fran plays the Phins and Kap @&!)'s the proverbial bed and throws like 4 picks. All of the sudden the media and fans will assume he threw the game. Stupid thought but thats how people are.

Not to get too philosophical, but it's ludicrous for him to wear a Dolphins hat.

This entire thing we root so hard for is an artifice. Professional team sports could be like golf -- where many fans basically enjoy watching the competition and have mild favorites and villains. But it's not. One picks a team and elects to call it one's favorite, based perhaps on significant connections (where one lives) or on tenuous ones (because your first pajamas had the Patriots log on them and you dug it). Either way, it's essentially arbitrary -- nothing prevents you from picking for any reason, and once you've picked, nothing changes you from switching every year, day, month.

What keeps you from switching, and what makes the NFL billions of dollars and athletes richer than hell, is that we all have basically made an agreement with one another. We're going to treat these arbitrary decisions as meaningful, and we're going to elevate them to a very significant level of importance in our every day lives. Perhaps it fulfills some kind of weird sociological need. Perhaps it contributes to community. Perhaps it's just crazy. But, fundamentally, it's all make believe. Not how much we care or how much it matters to us -- that's real. But the underlying bases of loyalty and team are simply invented. Put another way, if you had complete amnesia, you could wake up and switch your teams to an entirely different one, and eventually develop a love and passion as deep for that team as for whatever team you follow now. Sure, it wouldn't be exact same in terms of its underpinning -- no fond memories of going to the game with dad -- but the memories and basis on which you developed your love for the new team could turn out to be just as important.

Wearing another team's hat is like exposing the Wizard. You just don't do it. It's making a mockery of the very artifice (or, if you don't like that word, mythology) that keeps the entire enterprise going. I don't have a problem with it as a "loyalty" concept, or anything like that. But it demonstrates such a profound misunderstanding about the very enterprise in which you're engaged, and is so fundamentally inconsistent with it, that it's inappropriate. I'm not offended by it. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if a Patriots player did it. But it bugs the crap out of me, because it suggests that this guy has absolutely no clue whatsoever about what it is that make people want to pay him money.

I can't see why any Tebowite would ever object....they've worn more hats than a schizophrenic at a psyche convention.

This just confirms how much of an idiot Kaepernick really is

Do I "care" in the sense that it actually effects my life and feelings? Of course not.

That said, I would not want to see Brady in a cap from another NFL team because he plays FOR an NFL team.

But if he wants to wear a Yankees cap, Lakers jersey, and a satin Ottawa Senators jacket then I really don't care.

How I'd feel about it depends on the team I guess. Can't say I'd want to see any Patriot player wear a Jets cap....

The 49ers was his team growing up.

Wearing a 49ers hat next year at the Super Bowl press conference would be a problem.

Out to dinner with his parents would not be a problem.

Good thing he wouldn't because he's a Patriot fan now :p

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back