PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How the NFL Draft will look like in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
NFL Draft still on for April 23-25. Instead of it being in Vegas, it will be NFL Network reporting the picks and shots of teams war rooms. Damn you Corona virus!

Goodell probably happy he can’t get booed

Why don't they just have it now? The Networks have to be hemorrhaging viewers in the absence of sports. Why not give them something to watch for a few days during this down time? My guess is that all visits and workouts are on hold, and they probably won't be happening by the end of April. Just have it now.

Kind of a random change for no apparent reason, but I like it.

I plan on inviting 49 or so of my buddies over so we can all watch this together in a crowded room. Should be a fun time.

I couldn’t care less. It’s been years since I’ve actually watched the draft. I just follow the picks on my phone. The actual draft itself is painfully boring.

Kind of a random change for no apparent reason, but I like it.

I plan on inviting 49 or so of my buddies over so we can all watch this together in a crowded room. Should be a fun time.
Make sure you guys kiss each other on the lips early and often to pay homage to Brady. Only good friends do that. If your boy has Cheeto dust on his fingers during the party, be a friend and suck it off.

Make sure you guys kiss each other on the lips early and often to pay homage to Brady. Only good friends do that. If your boy has Cheeto dust on his fingers during the party, be a friend and suck it off.

This was already done during my get together of 30 people to reminisce about Brady and rewatch his old Pats games.

But back to the draft, I really like this idea. They should do it every year. Surprised the NFL finally came up with something good out of absolutely nowhere. I wonder what inspired them.

Why don't they just have it now? The Networks have to be hemorrhaging viewers in the absence of sports. Why not give them something to watch for a few days during this down time? My guess is that all visits and workouts are on hold, and they probably won't be happening by the end of April. Just have it now.
Uh, just because they can’t have visits and workouts doesn’t mean they’re done evaluating. Teams aren’t ready at this point.

Besides, I’m sure some form of contact is still happening. Visits can be turned into Skype calls. They won’t be able to do workouts but Pro Days were generally done anyhow; the injured guys are the ones who will be the most hurt by it.

Goodell probably happy he can’t get booed
This was posted on Pro Football talk yesterday, and there was a comment that made me laugh about how the network should pump in a boo-track like how sitcoms use a laugh track.

They already did that when he used this same joke earlier in the week watching old Brady games.

Uh, just because they can’t have visits and workouts doesn’t mean they’re done evaluating. Teams aren’t ready at this point.

Besides, I’m sure some form of contact is still happening. Visits can be turned into Skype calls. They won’t be able to do workouts but Pro Days were generally done anyhow; the injured guys are the ones who will be the most hurt by it.
The draft will be different but the attention this year’s edition will receive may be their highest ever.
The NFL is the only game in town these days and their audience is captive, literally.
Goody and his network besties may concoct a plan to delay the draft in order to extend the spotlight that will only be shining on them.
Prolonged draft build up requires extra media posturing, more fake news reporting, more sensational rumor mongering, and elevated guru self congratulations. They seem up to the challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes